Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I am using the pf tek and I have already knocked the cakes out of the jars. Everything was going good until I noticed a little bit of a blue/green substance growing on the top of the cake. I figure it is mold. Is this mold? Will it affect the other cakes and the mushroom growing process of that cake?
My friend said that I could put the top of the cake in bleach and then use a sterile knife to cut off the tope of the cake will this work?
Cut it off with a knife or scissor that has been swabbed with alcohol. After you cut it off I would recommend taking a cotton ball with some alcohol on it and lightly touching the spot on the cake where you just cut the chunk off. This will most likely kill the germs left on the cake. This may kill the myc in that area, but its better than throwing the whole cake away, or you can spray alittle h202 on it.