Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Computer hardware/upgrade questions.
    #15666094 -

Just simple little questions i have for now.

For starters, approximately for the last year after i start up my computer it tells me "hard disk drive failure is immanent" .  I can press f2 to continue.

The last few times it's really been screwing up.  What do i need to look for in a new hard drive?  I'm not wanting to order it or anything, can i pick one up at best buy or something?

Also I'd like to upgrade my Counterstrike 1.6 performance, what kind of graphics card (I'm assuming thats what will help most..) should i look for?  I'm not wanting to drop a shit ton of money here, some tho.

Do you want the specs i have now?  It's all stock, how do i go abouts getting those?

If you help, i appreciate it.


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666109 -

It all depends on your mainboard. What brand and type of mainboard is in your pc?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: koraks]
    #15666124 -

Before trying to solve the problem, get an external a make a backup of everything you have.

Then try and fix the problem. I don't know how, but just saying.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: Patlal]
    #15666220 -

To tell you the truth Koraks, i'm not sure.  How do i go about checking specs?  I know it's simple but just cant recall.

/to Patlal, I can basically do the same with a couple cds and a backup right?  Main thing i'd like to do as far as backing up my stuff is keep my music, everything else i wouldnt mind starting over.


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666290 -

Yeah, make a backup ASAP.

To find out some details about your hardware, download and install CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
Run the program, and post the manufacturer and model of the motherboard you've got. 's gonna look like this:
A screen shot of your situation would be perfect, but just posting the mfgr. & model will be fine too as long as you copy the text very accurately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666298 -

cApTaInCrAp said:
To tell you the truth Koraks, i'm not sure.  How do i go about checking specs?  I know it's simple but just cant recall.

/to Patlal, I can basically do the same with a couple cds and a backup right?  Main thing i'd like to do as far as backing up my stuff is keep my music, everything else i wouldnt mind starting over.



CDs are getting too small and files are getting bigger and bigger.

I'd get an external hard drive. 100$ can get you a decent one 500gigs and stuff. Overkill, but you have a lot of space.

Unless you have under 1 gig over taken in your computer (I'd be very surprised) I'd go for an external.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: koraks]
    #15666340 -

Motherboard

Manufacturer: ECS
Model: Nettle3



Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430




*shrugs*


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666519 -

bump it up.


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666555 -

FYI hard drive prices really suck since about October last year because of manufacturing disruptions due to flooding in Thailand, not sure when they will come down but a lot of drives cost roughly double what they did before then. The last 2 TB drive I bought was like $70 or 80 and now they are quite a bit more.

If you care about drive performance (e.g. loading times) then go SSD, capacities are small for the price but they are much faster than conventional hard drives. If there's a lot of stuff you want to keep on the other hard drive that won't fit on the SSD then I would just keep it unplugged most of the time to reduce wear. I would guess that regular hard drives won't be cheap again for at least a couple months.

Edited by psi (01/14/12 06:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computer hardware/upgrade questions. [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #15666902 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sometimes I fight with my computer. Little Shroom 2,411 17 07/24/03 03:45 PM
by oDin
* Addicted to your computer Anonymous 2,679 19 06/09/13 03:20 PM
by Eggtimer
* algebra question Grav 1,313 12 11/12/03 03:56 AM
by Annom
* Question about acid Vulture 1,191 8 03/27/06 04:30 PM
by sui
* Chat question Ripple 842 5 01/30/03 09:48 AM
by
* tripping an computers - word recognizes psilocyban Malachi 1,631 11 09/13/03 03:08 AM
by Glacius
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,184 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry
* a few questions about the family :) Vulture 2,218 10 09/01/03 09:47 PM
by Vulture

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
333 topic views. 1 members, 174 guests and 248 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.