Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Keeping a dream journal?
    #15611687 -

Does anyone keep a dream journal?

Is there any benefit to this?

What's the purpose of writing down your dreams?

My friend was going on and on about how he keeps a dream journal, and he liked to look back on it.

I was thinking I'd start one, but sometimes I have some fucked up dreams I wouldn't want anyone to find it, and read them..

I was wondering if there was any purpose other than going back and being like "HAH! That was fuuuucked up!" to dream Journals?

:cheers:


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: Bundy]
    #15611705 -

I meant to post this in the pub, but I guess it's fine here.

:shrug:

This seems like a fitting place anyway.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: Bundy]
    #15611741 -

Well, aside from just being able to look back on it later and think "ah, interesting" and "man that was a weird dream"..

When you write down your dreams it sends a message to your subconscious that your dreams are important to you - this will cause you to be more aware of your dreams - dreams will get more vivid and the chances of having a lucid dream go way way up.

I suppose also it could give you an appreciation a few years into the future looking back and seeing where your mind was at.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #15611766 -

EternalCowabunga said:
Well, aside from just being able to look back on it later and think "ah, interesting" and "man that was a weird dream"..

When you write down your dreams it sends a message to your subconscious that your dreams are important to you - this will cause you to be more aware of your dreams - dreams will get more vivid and the chances of having a lucid dream go way way up.

I suppose also it could give you an appreciation a few years into the future looking back and seeing where your mind was at.



That's pretty sweet. I Lucid dream often ( about 2-3 times a month ) but it would be cool to have even more. I guess I'll start doing it.

I kind of want to skip the creepy ones though. Like this one dream I had of a girl I was hooking up with for real, in my dream she had a penis. I'd be afraid to write that down if it happened again.

Oh the shame.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #15611809 -

:lol:

I think I sucked a penis once in a dream.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #15611835 -

EternalCowabunga said:
:lol:

I think I sucked a penis once in a dream.



Well since we are being honest. :lol:
I had this one dream where I was fucked up on LSD
and I went to my best friends house because the cops were chasing me
it was like alice in wonderland in his apartment, I was super huge and the furniture was wicked small, and as the cops were dragging me away, I asked if he'd kiss me before
I went off to jail.
and we kissed.

Aside from kissing my best friend, it was a pretty cool drug dream. :P


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: Bundy]
    #15612165 -

Keeping a dream journal will increase your dream recall, or ability to remember dreams. Having a stronger dream recall will increase the likelihood of becoming lucid while dreaming. Becoming proficient in lucid dreaming can also open the doors to out of body experiences and astral travel.

Upon waking, don't immediately get up or change positions, just stay in the same exact position and reflect back on any dreams you had/were having. This greatly increases one's ability to remember dreams. After anywhere between 5 - 10 minutes get up and record what the dream was about, then environment, any emotions, and the overall "feel" of the dream.

I've been half assing it lately and haven't been recording my dreams, but when I practiced regularly I could remember like 5 dreams a night all in vivid detail. I also had some interesting experiences with lucid dreaming. Pretty trippy stuff when you get into it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: CavemanJohnson]
    #15612705 -

man,I stopped dreaming a long time ago,and if I didn't I have no recollection of ever having any in the mornings.I'm pretty sure all the meds I've been on messed my mind up royally because this isn't normal:-(I used have vivid Amazing dreams,now nothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: KBG1977]
    #15612746 -

i will write down dreams that seem to have some meaning. some people record what ever they're able to recollect. these are good for all the reasons that have been mentioned. dream journals are like keeping a diary of your own life, only here you're recording the interaction between your subconscious and idle upper conscious state. dreams can be the result of some bizarre subconscious fantasies or everyday life. you kissing your friend for instance. some psychologists might say that you are suppressing an underlying need. i'm not saying you're suppressing a gay or bi tendency, but i can't be ruled out either. or it could just symbolize he's very important to you.

in the past i used to lucid dream 6 or less times per year. not too long ago in the grand scheme of things i used hemi-sync CD's to help reprogram my subconscious mind. one of the incredible benefits was  that i went from LDing 6 times or less per year to 6-12 episodes each month. now when they occur i'm quickly aware i'm in this state and i now have complete control when they happen. i used hemi-sync CD's from the monroe institute. bob monroe was a true pioneer in the study of altered states of consciousness. he's dead now but a trustee board has been set up with members playing a role who will be their upcoming officers. they continue to do research. they offer a full line of CD packages depending what your goals are. the OBE packages are pretty expensive, but i intend at least one of them. they also offer retreats for those having a little difficulty applying it. connections between events can easily be made to relate to each other merely by the fact you can control them, it's in your hand tat t hat point. what's interesting to me is that they seem to a direct result of a subconscious state that being taken over by still idle higher level, your higher consciousness. you're in affect crossing back over the bridge from where you came from... i'm glad you decided to post this here...

PeaCe2U

Kensho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: cateyes]
    #15614158 -

hey,I went to bed thinking bout dreaming,and I had an awesome dream last night that I remembered:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: KBG1977]
    #15614300 -

I didn't remember my dreams last night :frown:

I am very disappoint.


--------------------
IT'S A FISHY!!!!! ----> :fishy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: Bundy]
    #15614361 -

I think you helped me to remember mine,so you lost out,sorry,and Thanks:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: KBG1977]
    #15614909 -

i only do it when under extreme stress. once stressed i get insomnia and get little sleep. putting my dreams on paper helps deal with where they come from and how to move beyond the negativity. i lucid dream semi regularly and often wake tired from nocturnal activities.

don't force it, they will come and go depending on how much is going on in your life.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #15615333 -

is that a grey hound in your sig? i love it!

Kensho :psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keeping a dream journal? [Re: cateyes]
    #15619940 -

yeah i started one of these after having an incredibly vivid recurring dream,

i do reccomend this sort of thing as my dreams have been generally awesome recently, the real cookie is that they keep getting more and more erotic, ive been getting lots of dream action thanks to my journal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quiting marijuana (log/journal)
( 1 2 all )
whole9 5,056 20 11/12/03 01:03 AM
by whole9
* Dreams I wish they would stop or come true. Anonymous 1,816 12 12/08/03 10:39 AM
by Anonymous
* Life keeps beating me down. Fungushungry 2,501 7 06/14/04 03:12 PM
by sykobish
* Violent Dreams? StonedShroom 1,605 4 01/11/04 03:21 AM
by Shroomism
* physical,emotional, and subconscious well being... 40oz 3,393 11 04/05/03 10:00 AM
by 40oz
* What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! ZippoZM 1,676 8 02/17/04 10:14 PM
by fIsh in my head
* The night before last night I had a fucked up dream! theshiftingwalls 1,280 16 09/08/03 10:22 AM
by mikey_
* crazy dream Ole Field Trashe 1,246 5 09/29/03 05:58 AM
by Ego Death

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,658 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.