Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!!
    #2324268 - 02/11/04 03:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I had this dream last night, it was one of the strangest, most confusing intense dreams i have ever had. and i need some help intrepreting it.

i can only remember a few bits and pieces, so here it goes.

this part occured as a dream within a dream

for some reason i am in georgia with 2 of my friends,J and M, and we are flying back by plane. I dont know why i would be on a plane, i will never travel on one again, (horrible fear). so we are onboard, and we are flying through the sky. im in the middle of J and M. I should state that M is the same M in my other post, who i have feelings for.

so were flying through the sky god only knows how far up. and all of a sudden tehres a bumb, turbulance. then the plane starts to decline, and some sounds are heard around the engines. im my mind i know that there is troubble and our lives are in danger. so the plane continues to fall, and the plane is diving down through the sky. then i hear the engines give out all togeather.
In my head i know that we are all going to die, and that this is my final moment alive.

Despite my 2 biggesst fears being death and airplanes, i am calm as i can ever be. i softly put my hand over M's and i tell her "its allright, everything is all right, because i love you".

Now i can sense the ground only a second or two away, and death is iminent.

Then i awake in another Dream.
i havent boarded the plane yet, and am shaken by the dream. but go and get on the plane anyways. Getting on the plane, and when i get to my seat i had some intense de-javu (memory of specific details of the inner dream occouring in the present dream. This signials me to hurredly get off of the plane with M and J. WE run and we run and the doors are allready closed, we have pulled away on our way off to take off.

this part happened a few times in the dream, it repeated ans was different every time. some timese we would make it, some times i would only miss J, but each time M was with me.

anyways thats all i can remember.
if anyone has any ideas please feel free to post your thoughts

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2324412 - 02/11/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

very final destination like... Been watching that movie lately? Maybe its a sign to concur your fear?

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: CoolBlue]
    #2325785 - 02/12/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well I'm no expert on dreams but I think it's psychologists that figure out keywords in dreams and interpret the meaning for them, i've checked out the meanings for these words before and the meanings really do make sense at that current point in my life.

Try checking this one out : http://www.newagedirectory.com/dream/dictionary.htm

I think the airplane definition probably is correct in your case, but what do I know.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Oook]
    #2332596 - 02/13/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If dreams have meanings I highly doubt some psychologists can tell you what your personal dream meant (which I thought was really neat) by looking up a few key words. That is utter garbage.

Edited by chodamunky (02/14/04 11:53 AM)

OfflineOook
Oook!

Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: chodamunky]
    #2333614 - 02/14/04 06:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Oh don't be silly, things happen in dreams for a reason. Things you do say or see in dreams are related to stimulus in real life.

That is just like saying psychologists can't help you becuase they aren't actually inside your head, or saying doctors can't help you because they aren't inside your body.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Oook]
    #2333887 - 02/14/04 12:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Things you do say or see in dreams are related to stimulus in real life.

Relation and meaning are two different things.

That is just like saying psychologists can't help you becuase they aren't actually inside your head, or saying doctors can't help you because they aren't inside your body.

Doctors help you based on things that are physically wrong with you, they can take an x-ray of your bones and pinpoint the exact location of your troubles. Psychologists can't cure your mental problems like doctors can cure your physical problems because there is no "thing" to work on. They can hook up many instruments to your brain and body and tell you exactly what is happening with regards to brain patterns, electrical pulses etc. but they cannot know what you are feeling or what you are thinking. Therefore, they help you with your issues in a very general sense, based on 'similar' cases they have seen before, just like you said with the "keywords". So.... the only way they could really interpret your dreams is if they could get inside your brain and have your perspective.

InvisibleBillyGrass

Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: chodamunky]
    #2339455 - 02/16/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to add to what chodamunky said.

This doesn't mean that doctors CAN'T help you interpret your dreams. They can. But most of the interpretation will be done by you. The Dr. helps you to think about your dreams in different ways. Ways you may not have thought of on your own. He uses methods that work repeatedly on similar people. And, if he/she is a good Dr., he/she will know that these methods come from experience with many patients, and not simply from a textbook.

BillyGrass

OfflineOook
Oook!

Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: BillyGrass]
    #2340163 - 02/16/04 07:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah you both made very good points, I made it seem a lot more black and white than it really is in my posts.

Trust me I know about people using textbooks as though they are gospel truth, my last psychologist was pretty bad for things like this so I just got him to piss of in the end.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: What A Dream!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2347883 - 02/18/04 12:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here's my hint for you with this dream. You seems emotionaly involved with M (didn't read your other thread). This relationship is doomed. Maybe not entirely but most parts.

Now, you know that and you can't really go back nor stop seeing her. You'll probably be disappointed in the future but you still have to face the situation.

Maybe this dream was warning you about a difficult situation that is coming shortly that you just can't avoid. It might be easier to deal with if you know what's coming on.

i truly hope for you i'm wrong.

.fs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being