Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Life keeps beating me down.
    #2768984 - 06/06/04 03:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well.. Lets see...

A good friend a fellow shroomerite just told me today hes facing 160 years in prison.. 1st degree reckless homicide and 14 felony drug charges..

Im losing everything i own..

Im forced to go back to something witch i hate..

Im getting kicked out cuz i cant pay for the rent cuz of a so called friend getting me fired from my job at the end of the month then spliting and not even paying his half of rent and hes on the lease..

Im losing my truck...

I wont be able to attend and festivals or shroomery gatherings cuz i wont have any money now..

I wont be able to achieve any goals i had set..

I wont be able to find work or anything where im goin..

Im probably goin have to pandhandle or something now to get home im 1500 miles away..

Im losing my mind!

Dont know how much more i can take
:frown:

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Life keeps beating me down. [Re: Fungushungry]
    #2769893 - 06/06/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Damn sorry to hear that man :frown:

It only can get better from here I guess. Good luck!

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #2769949 - 06/06/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, just hang in there man.

I'm not sure what to tell ya. I've been doin pretty bad myself for a very long time.

But yeah, keep going dude, you'll catch a break sooner or later. Keep up the hope!

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2769986 - 06/06/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Life is a non stop rollercoaster. Up and down. You're down now but things will take a turn for the better. Hang in there man. Life can suck sometimes. Trust me I know.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Life keeps beating me down. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2770195 - 06/06/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ya i sold a 100 dollar pair of digis for 15 bucks tonight.. life is shitty right now im just trying to get home with half my stuff and my mind then im off to the ohio gathering.. its getting there thats goin be the problem..

Keep on Truckin....

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2771780 - 06/07/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Everything somehow balances out in the end my friend, you just gotta trust in that.

Offlineazurescens
    #2777794 - 06/09/04 01:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds like it's time to dig down and see what you're made of. All the above replies are right: Life is a rollercoaster, things do balance out, life DOES suck at times. But hey, at least you're still here to experience it. When the down times come my way I find myself thinking about the numerous people(mostly younger) that have died well before their time and I feel grateful that although my life seems pretty shitty right now, at least I have a life to feel and experience. This is where all the little cliches come in but they make sense. "I once felt bad because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet". Many successful ex-cons(and there are plenty of 'em) always seem to have the same thing to say, "you can either serve the time or let the time serve you". Life is like a prison sometimes and you are the one that decides your sentence. In any event, I wish you well.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2792755 - 06/14/04 05:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm really sorry to hear that shit isn't going very well for you right now.  But it will get better, as it always does.

One thing you have to do is stop saying "I can't" and "I won't".  Just by saying those things, you are already subconsciously building a wall where you aren't allowing yourself to get past because you don't feel that you can.  It may be hard, but what you need to do is take a step back, evaluate the situation and deal with things one at a time.  Don't try to deal with everything at once because it will be too overwhelming for you and that's a sure way to hit rock bottom and lose total control.

You may have to settle for some shit that you really don't want to.  But is it really THAT bad?  I mean, it can ALWAYS be worse.  That doesn't mean that you have to like it, of course.. but just try to deal with everything the best way you can.  Like I always say, there's no such thing as a stressful situation; it's how you react to that situation that makes it stressful.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Everyone has times like this so you aren't the only one.  And don't forget that we're all here for you whenever you need us.  We care about what goes on with you, otherwise we wouldn't spend the time to reply.  I really hope things start looking up for you but do your best to hold your head up high and take everything one step at a time.

:heart:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being