Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

NO EMOTION
    #1544022 - 05/13/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it started as pain and the pain has passed, and i'm left with nothing... it doesn't even bother me because there is nothing to feel it. i longed for love, but rejecting fear, hope, happiness leaves me unable to love... i'm nice on my own accord because its the right thing to do. i have not a single identifiable emotion and when i "feel" them it doesn't feel like much of anything except frustration... then realize frustration over something i can't rationlize is stupid so bam i just killed another emotion... i have none left except pain, i can't seem to shake pain, but it is not pain that makes me FEEL it is just there. i'm not depressed, even though i was before, and during that time i killed pain and depression, easily. now i'm left without the ability to love, or feel good about being loved. i'm not looking for support actually, but this is a good place to right this down. thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: NO EMOTION [Re: ]
    #1544175 - 05/13/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And the only thing you do, is hurt other people to gain your own pleasure.
I really think you should think more before you do.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1544342 - 05/13/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

'Emotional numbing" can be related to post-traumatic stress disorder, if you have had any major traumatic experiences in the past. If you have, and if you ever wanted change, therapy helps.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: enotake2]
    #1544360 - 05/13/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I tried therapy, didn't help. Changing the way you act towards people, and changing you current way of life helps. Ditching the people you know are wrong for you helps. Cutting down on drugs also helps. Trying to be more positive towards things helps. Being less of a critic helps, because people will be more nice and open towards you. And that will open a door to act more open towards people.

Watching emotional movies also helps. You need to cry and force yourself to feel really the pains you have.

This really helps, and you don't need therapy for that.

--------------------

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: NO EMOTION [Re: Fliquid]
    #1545320 - 05/13/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

wow, i wish i was fortunate enough to be like that, im very sensitive so i can be left wide open to be taken over by emotions quite often, so i'd like to be emotionless

it has its benefits i'd say

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: SWAY]
    #1547231 - 05/14/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats what most people think, but do you really think not being able to be really happy is a nice thing to have? Because that's what you are wishing for when you say this.

--------------------

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
    #1547389 - 05/14/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Looner: I know exactly how you feel. It is hard to explain to others though. You go through the motions. If I do this I should feel joy, but you don't. It's like the thing connecting your mind and your emotions has been cut.

This is a type of depression, and one which I have, and somewhat still am, suffering from. Depression doesn't always mean you feel "bad" but can also mean that you just don't feel. I used to have a much more variable scale, going from low lows to high highs. I wish I could go back to that now.

Everyone I've ever talked to about it simply says "hang in there" and it'll get better. I don't know, it really hasn't for me yet. Let's hope they're right.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: Absolut_B]
    #1547390 - 05/14/03 03:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Been there, it will get better...

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1547457 - 05/14/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Traumatic events can cause dissociation. When my dad died, I felt no emotion.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1547504 - 05/14/03 06:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And another link has been made. Good reply!

--------------------

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1549080 - 05/14/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

When I was forced to move from San Diego to Upstate NY, I went thru the same thing, first I had tons of pain, then it just stopped hurting, and I felt nothing, eventually pain came back, worse then before. it went away sometimes, and came back, and then finnally my pain came one time, and then it slowly faded away and I was left normal, not emotionless, but normal. I could feel pain, sorrow, fear, again, but I could also feel happiness again.

it was worth it. (not that I had a choise)

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1550153 - 05/15/03 02:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Im not sure if this helps, but I can totally relate to your situation. I had a lot of really stressful things happen in my life over the last year, and right now I simply feel no emotions what so ever. I dont feel sad or depressed, but I dont feel happy either. I feel like I could literally see my family get run over by a truck in front of me, and it no bother me at all...

Ive never sort any treatment for it, so im not sure I can dispense any advice. All i know is that I continue to do the best I can to help other people and be a nice person, because even though being a nice person feels no different to being selfish or an asshole, its still the right thing to do...

With Metta,
Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: NO EMOTION [Re: jono]
    #1550220 - 05/15/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All i know is that I continue to do the best I can to help other people and be a nice person, because even though being a nice person feels no different to being selfish or an asshole, its still the right thing to do...

That is a beautiful way to be man, i wish there were a lot more like you :smile:

i constantly strive to be the same way, even though it seems i only  get taken advantage of(on many levels) because of what I believe to be my own true good nature.....it isn't even like i'm waiting for/expecting any kind of karmic "payoff" either in the here and now or at some (possibly) non existent point in the future......it's just like you said, "it's the right thing to do"

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: Sombie]
    #1550256 - 05/15/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

One time, when i was at a high point feeling 100% nothing.
I put out a sigaret in my hand just to see if i felt something. (Everyone can do this when you have no emotions.)
I can tell you this, IT FUCKING HURT LIKE HELL!
But the weird thing was, it just hurt. No feelings what so ever came.
Just the knowledge to never try that again..  :grin:
I told my mother what happened, and sugested i would be taken to a professional (yes you read this correct, i suggested it myself).
I was place in a mental ward in a hospital for a few months (that was the only time sociaty didn't matter, being cut off in such a way can free you from a load of daily burden), it didn't solve my problem. But it took away the edge of it, so i could at least act like i was okay again.. 

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: NO EMOTION [Re: jono]
    #1550261 - 05/15/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

All i know is that I continue to do the best I can to help other people and be a nice person, because even though being a nice person feels no different to being selfish or an asshole, its still the right thing to do...

I dunno, I reckon it feels crap when you're being an asshole...

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Anonymous #1

#1665890 - 06/26/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Looner I don't know if you've gotten over this yet but right now I'm going through the same thing. I had just recently reached the happiest point in my life only to discover that I killed my emotions somewhere along the way. I feel nothing now. I can no longer relate to people, I don't understand how they feel about things because I can't feel what they're feeling. When I talk to people I'm just going through the motions. I don't even mean what I say. I feel like a robot, and I don't know what to do.

Can someone recommend a sappy book or movie, something that'll leave me bawling. I'm desperate, I just want to feel something.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #1667905 - 06/27/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry you're hurting bud. I've felt like that some times, I feel that you would do good to change your daily habits. Take a visit to the beach if you don't do that much, or visit your family, or take up something like fishing that is somethinng you don't do that much. Change is stimulating, and it will let you be more able help yourself out and heal your mind's painful feelings.

Feel better dude.

one last thing, make sure you really go out and change your daily habits. We're all saying it, "go change, do things differently, blah" but it's what you need to do! Getting off drugs will help your mind cope way better too. Drugs aren't really for the bad times.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (06/27/03 07:13 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1676902 - 07/01/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you feel nothing? hmmm..... maybe this is like one of those times right before your about to start crying but you freeze up... then BAM. you start crying your heart out. But of course a longer extension of time. Try watching gattaca, or what dreams may come, something that might get you to move your heart. But maybe you are truely going through a sort of depression, maybe deep down inside you know something isnt right, and for one reason or another your system is in stalemate. To me.... i dont really know when i have felt real emotions last. I feel tired, and stressed, and depleted, paranoid. But i feel really desensitized, what crap eh? 

other movies to add. Modern film remake of romeo and juliet, and Titus Andronicus. Goonies always makes me feel good :smile:.

--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (07/01/03 02:44 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: NO EMOTION [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1677314 - 07/01/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well I just saw 25th Hour and the ending really got me going. I hadn't cried in so long it was actually physically painful. The past few days I've been thinking about what caused my emotionlessness and I'm pretty sure it's been my daily pot smoking that started 2 months ago. My life was very vivid and enriching before then. There's something about pot that makes me very detatched from the outside world. It makes me really numb, apathetic, demotivated and agitated. I realized that pot does much more bad for me than good so I'm giving it up forever. No high is worth my emotions.

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
    #1698785 - 07/09/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sleep, work, eat, sleep.
repetiveness..KILLS.
what would people say if you
got up and walked away?
lazy! bum! crayzee! scum!

how could they argue with happiness?
fuck em'

cheers!
cj

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order