Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers?
    #15498356 - 12/11/11 01:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so i I've been experimenting with MXE a bit in the past couple of weeks and i really like it. i want to know if anyone has any real information on some of the possible dangers/health/side effects ect. involved in ingesting MXE. i would like to try to explore deeper into the m-hole but am afraid of taking a large dose (200 or more Mg's) since it seems to depress your CNS more than K. i should also mention that taking it IM is not gunna happen. i dont like needles. i dont have a clue as to how to proper;y inject myself, and i dont know what kind of contamination (bacterial,precursors, or whatever) some RC from half way around the world cold have in it.

i know this chemical is very new and almost no research has been done on it but i was wondering what you all thought about its level of toxicity compared to other disassociatives. also which routes of admn. do you guys think are better/worse for you and why. sometimes i freebase my MXE which is awesome because of the rush and shorter duration but i feel like it has to be terrible for you.

what negative effects have you experienced or seen people experience from large doses of MXE or MXE binges?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #15498391 - 12/11/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i know this chemical is very new and almost no research has been done on it but i was wondering what you all thought about its level of toxicity compared to other disassociatives.

based on the almost no research, my random opinion is no one knows.

Supposedly it takes you a bit longer to get back to normal than ketamine.  bad sign IMO.

--------------------

OfflineOk amoismis
metabolizer
Male

#15498407 - 12/11/11 02:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've only been doing it since September, infrequently (ranging from every few weeks to a several times a week, depending on supply). So i definitely haven't engaged in heavy use or anything but for me there has been literally no bad effects, even after high doses. Like literally none, no disassociation hangover or next day effects, no uncomfortable or concerning physical effects or anything. Compared to DXM, the only other disassociative i have done (not counting nitrous), methoxetamine seems much less potentially unhealthy. However interestingly, there isn't really an afterglow like DXM has.
  I'm sure methoxetamine can be dangerous of course but not so far, with moderation.

Invisibledaiy

Loc: Flag
Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: Ok amoismis]
    #15498431 - 12/11/11 02:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

MXE at higher doses seems to strain my cardiovascular system a fair bit. Other than that it feels rather benign. My first couple times with it I had a mild hangover the next day but these days I wake up feeling fine, maybe just feeling a tiny bit 'off' and with some lingering visuals the next day.

Oh it seems to be pretty dehydrating too. I always make sure to drink plenty of water when on it.

Edited by daiy (12/11/11 03:12 AM)

OfflineOk amoismis
metabolizer
Male

#15498486 - 12/11/11 02:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LeeHarvOz said:
i would like to try to explore deeper into the m-hole but am afraid of taking a large dose (200 or more Mg's)

200mg does seem like kind of a large dose though. Just my personal opinion but idk, i've never ventured to try more than 75-80mg at a time (nasally & sublingually).

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Loc: ∞
Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: Ok amoismis]
    #15498508 - 12/11/11 03:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen a friend mix it with alcohol (150mg insufflated), and ended up violently puking for nearly 2 hours. His whole body broke out in red rashes and everyone considered calling an ambulance.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: Ok amoismis] * 2
    #15498510 - 12/11/11 03:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ok amoismis said:
However interestingly, there isn't really an afterglow like DXM has.

IME I've found the opposite: the next day I feel like I won the fucking lottery and someone told me my mom's cancer just went into remission. It's a whole day of glorious giggling and clear-headed spring cleaning for the mind.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: Morphogenesis]
    #15498556 - 12/11/11 03:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Quote:

Ok amoismis said:

IME I've found the opposite: the next day I feel like I won the fucking lottery and someone told me my mom's cancer just went into remission. It's a whole day of glorious giggling and clear-headed spring cleaning for the mind.

That's how I feel after a 100mg to 350mg dose of DXM, and the couple times I've taken small doses of K. My mind feels very clear & lucid, thoughts flow nicely. The most pronounced and quickest anti-depressant effect I've ever experienced from anything.

Pretty sure there has been some research done looking into NMDA receptor antagonists as anti-depressants....:thumbup:

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: openmind]
    #15498570 - 12/11/11 03:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Invisible5-HT2A
    #15498600 - 12/11/11 04:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Recently, I have noticed changes in my field of vision, where I have made mistakes driving that normally I would not. The only new thing in my diet has been MXE. Not heavy use, but regular, almost daily. I couldn't tell you for sure if they're related or if it's just my crazy sleep patterns.

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #15498677 - 12/11/11 05:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ok amoismis said:
Quote:

LeeHarvOz said:
i would like to try to explore deeper into the m-hole but am afraid of taking a large dose (200 or more Mg's)

200mg does seem like kind of a large dose though. Just my personal opinion but idk, i've never ventured to try more than 75-80mg at a time (nasally & sublingually).

yea i know 200mg seems like a large dose that's why i'm hesitant to try that much all at once (i read one trip report from a guy who ended up being hospatilized after doing 150mg's sublingually). i usually weigh out around 110-120mg, blow about 30mg and then take the rest sublingually. this usually get's me into a pretty interesting state of mind, but i often end up redosing after the peak to try to get deeper into the experience.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: LeeHarvOz] * 1
    #15498797 - 12/11/11 07:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Methoxetamine is a PCP analog. PCP is a problematic drug. One of the biggest problems with it is that its resorbed back from the bladder into the bloodstream and is hardly metabolized, so that it stays in your body for more than a week, exerting its effects.

With MXE, the piperidine ring is replaced with an ethylamine. This gives the liver a much easier target for metabolism. Also, there's a 3-methoxy group attached to the phenyl. Aside from being more polar, that methyl can be stripped off by the liver yielding a more watersoluble and more metabolizable point. Also, the phenyl ring is now more activated than in PCP so that the liver can latch more enzymes onto the ring itself. Likewise, the cyclohexyl ring has a ketone group on the 2 position. This makes the molecule much more watersoluble, excretable and metabolically accessible than PCP is.

PCP's molecule consists of 3 parts, in MXE all three parts are altered to make them easier for the liver and kidneys to do away with.

A popular PCP analog is Ketamine, which is of clearly diminished risk. MXE is more metabolizable than Ketamine.

A problem with Ketamine is that people tend to run through a lot of weight in a sitting if they redose. This is caused by the low gram potency of the drug and the short duration of action.

With Methoxetamine, the gram potency is higher - there are more doses to a gram. In addition to that, the duration of the effect is longer. These two come together so that fewer, lower doses are used in a given sitting. This results in fewer milligrams going through your organs and bladder.

PCP has a problem of its tendency to give a lot of energy and confusion, because of high dopamine reuptake inhibition. Methoxetamine has diminished dopamine effects and thus is less freaky and less prone to freakouts and outrageous interactions with the world, law enforcement and paramedics. Its less likely than Ketamine to fully immobilize you, making it less likely that if you're using it in public (not smart) you're knocked our cold, which often leads to concerned people calling the paramedics on you.

Its very likely to assume that Methoxetamine has a safety profile that is superior to PCP and probably superior to Ketamine, if you take these factors in account.

That said, I really wouldnt recommend taking such high doses. You likely have a tolerance for dissociatives, please let that wear off before carrying on experimenting.

Of pure MXE, 50mg can highly intoxicate me and 80mg in 1 dose probably would hole me. I'm a big guy.

Less is more, to me. Theres a sweetspot dose for most where above or below the pleasantness of the srug diminishes, and that dose is significantly lower than a hole for most. With me its about 30-40mg. If I take it in a chair I get kinda drunk in a really awesome way, but if I take it in my dark bedroom, in bed, in silence with eyes closed, epic miracles happen. If that fails, by hour 2-4, another such dose would set me straight.

I have actually holed on this but to me the true marvel of this drug is on a lower dose in bed where you just chill and things turn miraculous on you.

Being addictive and a bit tough on the body and mind, the dose and frequency of this drug must be restricted.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
    #15498991 - 12/11/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The first 3 times I tried MXE, being all in the same week (first dose was only 3mg to check for allergic reaction) and not venturing higher than 50mg I noticed in the following days sometimes my vision would get "melty."  That's the best I can describe it.  It would last for maybe 1 second and "snap" back to normal, and happened three times within maybe 3-4 days.  I hadn't been doing any other drugs besides pot and drinking, and wasn't stoned or drunk when the melty vision episodes happened.

I also notice very strong anti-depressant properties with MXE.  I feel like I get depressed often enough where I wish I could change it.  One good MXExperience has me feeling refreshed and positive for weeks or more.  I gotta experiment more with this aspect of it but I feel there's a correlation with MXE intake and alleviated depression symptoms.

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15499497 - 12/11/11 11:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

abltsandwich said:
The first 3 times I tried MXE, being all in the same week (first dose was only 3mg to check for allergic reaction) and not venturing higher than 50mg I noticed in the following days sometimes my vision would get "melty."  That's the best I can describe it.  It would last for maybe 1 second and "snap" back to normal, and happened three times within maybe 3-4 days.  I hadn't been doing any other drugs besides pot and drinking, and wasn't stoned or drunk when the melty vision episodes happened.

I also notice very strong anti-depressant properties with MXE.  I feel like I get depressed often enough where I wish I could change it.  One good MXExperience has me feeling refreshed and positive for weeks or more.  I gotta experiment more with this aspect of it but I feel there's a correlation with MXE intake and alleviated depression symptoms.

i've heard of this before but i cant really say that mxe has done anything for my depression.

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15499700 - 12/11/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:shrug: Everyone's brain chemistry is different.  Even Rx anti-depressants don't work for people sometimes.  I would say it's way too soon to state MXE definitely alleviates depression, but it's a good hypothesis and grounds for some fun experimentation.

On the "melty vision" aspect, it's like if you've ever seen what film looks like at the theater if it starts burning through it's kind of like that.

Invisiblefuel on the fire
fuckthefiredepartment

#15499714 - 12/11/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i snorted 200mg of high quality mxe and was fine. Very very fucked up, but fine.

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Methoxetamine (MXE) toxicity and dangers? [Re: fuel on the fire]
    #15499719 - 12/11/11 12:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

With no tolerance at all, how would you compare the effects of 200mg to 70mg, taken sublingually?

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
    #15499737 - 12/11/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I really need a job so I can purchase some of this stuff. Cause 5 grams for $90 is one hell of a good deal. 50-ish M-hole doses for a man who weighs a good 110-120 pounds more then I do...well it will certainly last me awhile.

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Invisiblefuel on the fire
fuckthefiredepartment

#15499741 - 12/11/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you will be significantly more fucked up. I was on the couch and felt like i was melting through it into the floor and the whole room was caving in on me. I had a 3 day tolerance, finishing the last of the 1st gram I had ever done. Prior i had no tolerance to any dissociatives.

--------------------

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

#15499756 - 12/11/11 12:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morphogenesis said:
Quote:

Ok amoismis said:

pssst, i def feel far from clear headed the day after using MXE. it gives me a hangover that seems to last at least half a day

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale