Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Does anybody else wander into random bars alone?
    #15427823 -

I'm at one right now. Sometimes when I'm walking home from school or work, after a few beers or some random adventure....i just want to have a few drinks alone. The unknown calls to me. I've partied with some great, random people. I've also been snobbed out by the local drunks.

I dunno...better than drinking at home or with the same boring friends....sometimes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #15427846 -

I used to, but not anymore. The people at the bars were
just as pathetic and lonely as me so I stopped going. It's a useless expense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #15427857 -

Plenty of times, but I also live in a city that has been ranked #1 in bars per capita, and most bars in a single zip code out of the whole country.

Coupled with that is a very laidback, friendly, inviting atmosphere and culture.  So there is always a friend to be made if you're partying stag.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15427859 -

lazyfingers said:
The people at the bars were
just as pathetic and lonely as me so I stopped going.




Yet you still post on the shroomery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #15427863 -

*spikes walrus's drink*


--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: casket]
    #15427882 -

:feelsweirdman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: casket]
    #15427893 -

Yeah, I always wander into random bars. Doesn't matter to me which one. I'm going there to get drunk by myself so the only thing that matters is the drink prices. Sleasy bars have cheap drinks


--------------------
There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die. -Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #15427903 -

I_was_the_walrus said:
:feelsweirdman:



ha im not old enough. someday i will date rape you though.. =) somedayyy...


--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: casket]
    #15427911 -

ha yea. i just got off work and walked over to a nearby bar.

place was packed being saturday night, but i looked like complete shit and was soaking wet in my work uniform.

just wanted a couple shots to myself then come on home...

but yea, dont do it too often cause they can be expensive as hell.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: lazyfingers]
    #15427940 -

Bars cost too much. I have friends to drink with. Old Crow, cola, and guitar makes for an awesome night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: limestoneman]
    #15428062 -

*walk into random bar
























** wake up in back alley with suspicion of rape


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: limestoneman] * 1
    #15428094 -

limestoneman said:
Bars cost too much. I have friends to drink with. Old Crow, cola, and guitar makes for an awesome night.



agreed. IF i'm going to a bar it's to meet up with some friends and get out of the house. otherwise i'd rather just drink at home and save money.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #15428110 -

If I'm not in my hometown, I have no qualms walking into a random bar (a dive or a pub or a biker bar, I hate clubs). I always strike up a conversation even, but I'm definitely a bar kinda guy. Draft beer is cheap enough.


--------------------
Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: Salomon]
    #15428127 -

I LOVE drinking but there really isnt anything appealing about bars to me.  Ive never went to a bar by myself and likely never will.  It wouldn't bother me to never set foot in a bar again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #15428144 -

I used to do the solo bar thing. It was back when I was an incredibly irresponsible drinker -- I'd get bombed with the quickness. Beer and a shot. Beer and a shot. Beer and a shot. Like 5 or 6 times in an hour and a half, and then I'd drive. Yeah. Not proud of it.

I'd even pull that shit routinely on lunch breaks from work, and then go back to work drunk.

I'll be the first to admit...it was fucking pathetic.

That was a long time ago, though. Now if I drink, I swig at home where it's safe and I don't put myself in a position for a DWI (or worse, hurting someone else). I've seen too many friends saddled and weighed down because of DWI's. It's scary to think what seems like an innocent night of drinking can turn into a ordeal that last months, or even years if you get tagged with a charge.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: Salomon]
    #15428176 -

Salomon said:
** wake up in back alley with suspicion of rape



Victim or predator?


--------------------
I must not Fear. Fear is the mindkiller . Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and
through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. ONLY I WILL REMAIN.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: NIMH]
    #15428185 -

NIMH said:
Salomon said:
** wake up in back alley with suspicion of rape



Victim or predator?



both:megusta:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: Salomon]
    #15428218 -

Salomon said:
*walk into random bar
























** wake up in back alley with suspicion of rape



thats how i wake up every night after we party?


--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #15428275 -

claraclairvoyant said:
limestoneman said:
Bars cost too much. I have friends to drink with. Old Crow, cola, and guitar makes for an awesome night.



agreed. IF i'm going to a bar it's to meet up with some friends and get out of the house. otherwise i'd rather just drink at home and save money.



lol so far all I see is money concerns from people who pay $50 for a bag of weed.

For me, its not about the money, or the company really. Its almost like dropping a stone down a well just to see how deep it is. Theres no point really. Its just to see where it goes. Sheer boredom, thirst, and curiosity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does anybody else wander into random bars alone? [Re: casket]
    #15428307 -

I locked my keys in the car last Friday at work. Newish job, been there five or so weeks. I'm a factory worker and in the quite industrialised area there's not much aroun and little to do. A few take away shops here and there and fleet of semi-trailers driving past every second.

so at lunch I figure I need some money to catch a bus home, but there's no place I can get money out (take away shops make u buy something). So I go for a walk down the street, an area I've never been, and come across this bar. I thought cool, lunch break, I can get some cash from the ATM they always stick next to the gambling addicts and scoff a beer at the same time.

As I head in through the bistro I ask the fine girl behind the counter where the ATM is. She direct me to my left where I open the door to the bar and I'm met with three pairs of tits and ass cheeks. A bit stunned I finally pieced together that they were cruising around serving drinks. I, gentlemen, had just walked into an incognito topless bar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drinking at the bar is for suckers
( 1 2 3 all )
Dreamer987 3,757 41 09/14/05 02:02 AM
by Skunk420
* My sisters wandering eye surgery EmbracingShadows 686 7 07/14/05 03:45 PM
by EmbracingShadows
* My Saturday night at the bar (kinda long story, but worth it!)
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 2,566 25 06/14/06 10:12 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Post a random line from the nearest book...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ToTheSummit 6,606 68 11/03/05 03:29 PM
by blissedout
* random fun for Firefox users ricochet 1,399 11 06/07/05 11:34 PM
by afoaf
* Random Thoughts doublehelix 809 13 11/01/05 04:28 PM
by doublehelix
* Electric Six - "Gay Bar" ricochet 847 2 04/08/05 03:56 AM
by ricochet
* Sexiest woman ever? Bar Marylin Monroe...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mr_kite 51,935 143 05/27/05 08:52 AM
by Ravus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,765 topic views. 2 members, 276 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.