Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
T5's for ethnos
    #15364775 -

Whats up everyone. I wanted to get some opinions on multiple variety ethno lighting.

I regularly grow MJ (med card) and rare/exotic species of extremely hot chilis. Most are familiar with their lighting requirements. For these I use HID. I have 2 - 600w switchable digi's and a magnetic 400w HPS. I also have 1 - 4' 4 bulb T5 that I use for vegging the MJ and chillis until they are ready to go under the big lights.

Ive been vigorously researching ethnos lately and have ordered a bunch of different varieties Im interested in.

However, and correct me if Im wrong .. but Im assuming MOST of the ethno species have less light requirements then MJ?? Some of the plants Ill be working with are Salvia, Melissa, Skullcap, passiflora, klip dagga, etc, etc.

Im thinking about getting another 8 bulb T5 fixture to support the ethnos. Of course, Ill always have my HID grow tents up and running for the MJ and chillis and if I get a high light requirement plant I could always spare some room in the tent.

If possible I would prefer to use an 8 bulb T5 since their bulbs retain their lumen output (most of it anyway) for the lifespan of the bulb whereas HID output drops off significantly over time.

The thing is, we all know t5's penetration is not near as good as HID ... but since most ethnos need less light Im hoping it will be sufficient. Im not sure though I mean some of the plants are going to be taller then others, some are going to be close to the T5, some further away ... overall Im just curious if you all think an 8 bulb T5 fixture would be sufficient for the majority of ethno types??

Thoughts? Suggestions??

Edited by OZZ (11/13/11 01:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T5's for ethnos [Re: OZZ]
    #15365007 -

I have been considering T5s myself (esp T5 HO for space constraints) and if you do get this set up, please post pics!! I'd love to see how they work out, esp with salvia and passiflora.


--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

   

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T5's for ethnos [Re: SKrink]
    #15365301 -

Sure thing. I know the lumen output is more then sufficient as I use them for vegging MJ and Chilli's, as mentioned above.

The only question will be how well it works out for plants of varying sizes that will be varying distances from the bulbs, since the fluro's instensity drops rather quickly with distance.

Heres my thread posted a bit further down in this section showing new MJ and chilli's under a 4 bulb, 4' T5 (HO) ...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15357617

Edited by OZZ (11/13/11 03:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: T5's for ethnos [Re: OZZ]
    #15365444 -

For my taller plants like the Salvia which has really exploded with growth in the past month, I use an extra CFL bulb (6500K) to light the lower portions.
Not completely necessary, but it makes it so that you don't get a plant with small lower leaves and huge top leaves.


--------------------
:crazy2: SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES :crazy2:
:mushroom2:HOW TO USE A PENIS ENVY SPORE SWAB:mushroom2:

   

... Oh mighty masticator, salivator, vocalizer, swallower, licker biter sucker brow-knitter looker blinker rubbernecker thumber prodder up-yours fingerer ringwearer nosepicker waver drinker armlifter bodybender hipswiveler kneer springer runner ZERO::::::::OOOOOOOOO:::::::: RUN!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Exo-Terra Solar Glo mercury vapour bulb (reptile lighting for cannabis) highdroponics 4,166 10 02/06/09 02:56 PM
by jds
* T5 grow light? Sreba 1,115 10 02/27/12 12:56 PM
by naum
* Are T5's worth it? tibberous 693 5 06/21/07 03:21 PM
by Dexter_Morgan
* Which fluorescent bulb is ideal? EntheogenicPeace 2,553 13 01/19/08 05:56 AM
by royer
* Which fluorescent bulb is best for trees? highdroponics 505 1 09/19/11 05:50 PM
by Chemical Addiction
* mj plants under a T5 check it out *DELETED* LochRaven 824 5 07/03/06 12:19 PM
by Legoulash
* Another lighting question, opinions needed T5/HPS casgoodie 1,395 19 02/18/08 10:59 PM
by casgoodie
* $30 400 watt mh fixtures onefunguy 906 8 04/24/10 12:21 PM
by PoC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
416 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.