Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Turning purple?
    #15304312 -

HI, i am currently growing blue mystic cannabis strain and I was wandering on how to turn the buds purple?, I know genetics have alot to do with it but I have searched about this and most people say you need to put it in a colder enviroment during flowering, is this true? any tips?


--------------------
TRADE-------------> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15538322/vc/1#15538322

Trichocereus Peruvianus Seeds--------> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130633244587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

HELP A FELLOW SHROOMERY BROTHER OUT, GENERATE SOME BITCOINS-----> http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=13417786

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: bobbob1]
    #15304324 -

I thought it just does it on its own


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Divinity]
    #15304393 -

i think you need to give the genetics a push using the cold


--------------------
TRADE-------------> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15538322/vc/1#15538322

Trichocereus Peruvianus Seeds--------> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130633244587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

HELP A FELLOW SHROOMERY BROTHER OUT, GENERATE SOME BITCOINS-----> http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=13417786

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: bobbob1]
    #15304505 -

during your night cycle, spray daily with chilled water and leave your fans on to keep cold. If possible, lower temps to 12-13 degrees Celsius.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Jake McBaked]
    #15305166 -

I use a walk-in freezer set to -10F.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15305861 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
I use a walk-in freezer set to -10F.



Irie,
That'll turn my "buds" purple!!!!:what2:
Wonder if it works for ganj??
I've seen some tropical sativas with a distinct Pink color...
Respect,
Z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Zaka]
    #15306771 -

Some buds turn purple, others turn shades of gold, lime green, blue, almost any color really. It depends on the genetics, the strains can react to stress very differently, and some will even have a hard time adapting to it at all.

While I've never tried bringing a pot plant to -10F, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure you don't keep it in there long, do you orgone? The cells of the plant would rupture and die if left below freezing.... and I can imagine other critical life systems would fail even around 35-40F... Do you just put them in for a minute to shock them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Jake McBaked]
    #15307326 -

does the actual stress turn them purple?


--------------------
TRADE-------------> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15538322/vc/1#15538322

Trichocereus Peruvianus Seeds--------> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130633244587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

HELP A FELLOW SHROOMERY BROTHER OUT, GENERATE SOME BITCOINS-----> http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=13417786

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: bobbob1]
    #15307496 -

Not stress, cold does.

In my Sig i had a plant, its genetics where 1st gen cross of purple power and durban poisen. Was in a cold temp, kept plastic tent on it at night to avoid possible frosts.


--------------------
Ethno-Garden: My seeds and Herbs
My Contests/Give-aways
Get on it!

WE DID IT :kratom: for kratom




I have my rating privileges back, BITCHES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: bobbob1]
    #15308206 -

either it does it on its own or by inducing a cold over it for a night will make it a fake cold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: ooah]
    #15308392 -

Why do you want purple buds? Green is just as good, if not better:getstoned:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Locky]
    #15308576 -

You can run average daytime temps, it is when the nights are much cooler they really seem to start showing colors, i would say from low to mid 60's, IME.

I also have a blue mystic seedling, being kinda slow. I have an "ICE" strain that's stem has turned a burgendy, while my purple bud stems are only slightly purple. and my landrace sativa's al almost all green.

You can have a batch of "purple" w/e strain and not all of em will turn purple, even with cooler temps, or turn out all rediculously purple with warm temps, it's mostly in genetics, but the chemistry behind the colors is generally a response to cooler temps, kind of an anti freeze, so therefore, unless specially bred, its mostly the norhtern hemispheric strains that display this characteristic, as they need more cold protection than say our equitorial friends. Look up Anthocyanins  (sp?)


--------------------
I'll make a sig later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: NoxADVANCED]
    #15308590 -

Nox, that's a beutiful plant there btw... anymore pics?


--------------------
I'll make a sig later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: Locky]
    #15308625 -

Locky said:
Why do you want purple buds? Green is just as good, if not better:getstoned:



I was thinking the same thing, everyone wants purple weed now cause it's "popular".  Jeez.  Just let the fucking plant grow and give it the best care possible and it will be good dank.  Don't go trying to turn it "purp" just cause all the cool kids are doing it. :rolleyes:


--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: carnage11]
    #15309402 -

I  wouldn't really endorse unnaturally attempting to turn yourbuds any color, but at the same time I'm not saying there's no difference in purple ganja like you see in the mags. it at least has dostict falvors and aroma..


--------------------
I'll make a sig later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Turning purple? [Re: bobbob1]
    #15314208 -

it most likely has something to do with the cold, i would personally get a clone or seed of a purple strain and then look into nutes that specifically made for this type of thing look it up i know a good nutrient supply website pm me if you want the link :stoned:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia turning purple Pisces 1,146 7 10/28/04 11:07 AM
by John
* Post deleted by Administrator SBTlauien 834 8 06/08/03 06:08 AM
by Una
* Purple Greetings from Holland MeneerCactus 1,975 19 09/26/03 01:23 PM
by MeneerCactus
* Purple poppy! Ego Death 1,514 15 06/17/04 04:42 PM
by Ego Death
* Purple Veins NeiL 860 3 04/15/02 09:49 AM
by AIRDOG
* Purple Salvia LuNaTiX 879 11 07/28/04 08:57 PM
by LuNaTiX
* purple indica rommstein2001 1,535 4 11/09/01 02:09 PM
by Jammer
* Cactus seeds sprouted, turning red faslimy 1,590 5 10/28/04 07:37 PM
by faslimy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
945 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.