Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: blazenn]
    #15059177 -

it was actually after a mushroom trip that i became inspired to eat healthier and exercise more...
just doing pushups/situps followed by some cardio as i was coming down from an 8th was a very uplifting moment for me and made me realize how satisfying you feel after a good workout. it took me awhile to work healthier foods into my normal food habits along with working out regularly, but i'm on the right track now and couldn't be happier.


and it's not about trying to look better, it's about feeling better on a daily basis. taking good care of your body physically can do wonders for your mental health; versus being lazy and eating whatever the fuck junkfood you want which leads to you only feeling even more lazy and unsatisfied with yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: blazenn]
    #15059474 -

Also having a 6 pack and being built are not even remotely the same either.  I have a 6 pack, but since I injured my shoulder last year I lost 20 pounds and now I'm a skinny bitch - still have the 6 pack though.

Once my shoulder is healed I'm gonna work on getting stronger than ever before.  I can't wait, I fucking hate being so scrawny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: bbl337]
    #15061124 -

bbl337 said:
indica said:
i used to hate it, then after a short while i became addicted to it without even knowing

i used to go in and watch the clock, counting down the minutes until i could go home


now i go in, spend 2 hours lifting and don't wanna leave


it'll come in time



overtraining? 

Anyways, what I do is I keep telling myself this mantra: "I hate my body" with slight variations of "do you want to keep being a worthless piece of shit?".  I then bang out some reps while remaining as angry as possible and just beat the crap out of my body.  Do that for like 45 min to an hour and my workout session is over.  I can actually lift tangibly heavier weights when I do this - if I don't i'm just not pumped up and barely make any gains



naw man that's the wrong mindset. What I do, is I look in the mirror, flex my muscles, examine my body, and I say to myself "is this good enough?"
I always answer no, and that gives me motivation to make gains and refine my body until I can cycle 100 miles without stopping, or until I can lift more weight than I have before.

It's all about self improvement. Don't call yourself a worthless piece of shit, just strive to outdo yourself

:thumbup:

blazenn said:
it was actually after a mushroom trip that i became inspired to eat healthier and exercise more...
just doing pushups/situps followed by some cardio as i was coming down from an 8th was a very uplifting moment for me and made me realize how satisfying you feel after a good workout. it took me awhile to work healthier foods into my normal food habits along with working out regularly, but i'm on the right track now and couldn't be happier.


and it's not about trying to look better, it's about feeling better on a daily basis. taking good care of your body physically can do wonders for your mental health; versus being lazy and eating whatever the fuck junkfood you want which leads to you only feeling even more lazy and unsatisfied with yourself.



man I can totally relate to this. as soon as I started exercising regularly and eating a balanced, really healthy diet, my general attitude improved by a LOT. It just makes you feel so much better.

a few of my friends are the lazy, eat shit food all the time, never want to do anything active type...and it's a total downer. I love physical activity and when your friends are couch bums it's like....fuck.



--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Edited by Anthony (09/11/11 03:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15061132 -

I've found that I don't particularly like workouts that are just workouts, i.e. weightlifting, treadmills, etc.  However, I've found that there are physical activities that are fun aside from the workout.  One is hiking, but if the weather isn't cooperative, one thing I can always do is put on some music and boogey down.  Personally, there are certain kinds of music that I can't help but get up and dance to.  Funk is a good example.  Anyway, I recommend finding physical activities that are enjoyable in themselves, and give you a workout as a side benefit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snipers Motives ...
( 1 2 all )
Kemist 6,127 20 10/24/02 03:10 PM
by pezbomb
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,550 14 03/27/03 04:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Full body workout! KristiMidocean 1,070 13 02/21/05 11:07 AM
by KristiMidocean
* I hate being sick! Meph 1,016 6 02/22/03 04:04 AM
by Meph
* Childrens games that teach hate.
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog31337 4,549 47 10/09/20 05:24 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Educate yourself-Depersonalization boredboy 2,620 11 07/05/03 03:59 PM
by Jared
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 01:05 AM
by Jackal
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 12:21 PM
by dia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,721 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 171 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.