Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated
    #15023912 -

I fucking hate it.... Im super motivated for like the first 2 days and then I hate it... I know its healthy and shit, but its an activity I dislike very much...

How do you get in a workout mood??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15023948 -

it's a general state of mind. to improve your overall physical and mental health. You either want it or you don't.

I exercise because I love being in great shape, and I want to stay healthy. I don't need more motivation than that


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15023979 -

Take up a sport you like doing. Learn to skate or something
I was pretty involved with parkour a few years ago, go to some training classes and they will push you hard! Loads of fun also


--------------------
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: chooken]
    #15024419 -

I lift 4 days a week, and have been doing so for awhile now and I still find it really hard to get motivated before a work out. It's easy to get pumped up at 11 p.m. and say you're gonna better yourself tomorrow, but when it rolls around it's not always so easy to get in the gym. With that said let me give you some tips to stay on track.

First off, figure out your goal. Do you want to lose fat or gain muscle? You generally can't do both unless you're obese to begin with.

After that make a plan. If you want to build muscle you can try Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength or a 5x5 or look up some other beginner programs. Personally I started with a 5x5 and only slightly modified it based on the weights I have at home. I only did this b/c the routine had a few machine exercises that I don't own.

If you want to lose fat, I can't give you too much advice atm, but do some research. I've always been a skinny bitch.

Get your diet in order. Don't try to change overnight, but if you're someone who eats a lot of chips or sweets these should be no-brainers to cut out of your diet. Again do some research based on your goals. Diet should be a big part of your plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so you've got your plan. You know what to do for success, now you just have to stick to it. Some tips:

-Make a promise to yourself. If you can stick to your workouts/diet for 1 month, preferably 2, you will see results. They won't be huge, it takes time, but you will see a difference after 2 months. Consistency is key and if you can stick it out for a month or two you will begin to see changes and be motivated to go further

-Track your progress. I have a paper+pencil with me every time I lift. Most importantly it makes sure I'm never doing less than I did the week before. But it also allows me to track how much I'm lifting and make sure I'm consistently going heavier.

-Pictures are also good. There are going to be days (or weeks) you look in the mirror and think "man I haven't accomplished shit," but when you look at pictures from a few months ago you will remember how far you've come and want to go further.

-Don't get overzealous. More work does not necessarily = more results. This goes back to your plan: I would not recommend lifting more than 4 days a week if you're just starting out. Also, no one can change overnight so the more pressure you put on yourself, the more likely you are to burn out. Remember consistency is the key to success. Stick to a plan you can keep up for a few months, not one that involves you working out every day but makes you quit after a week or two.


I may be forgetting some things, but I had to write this in a rush because I'm about to head out. Hope this helps though.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: F0SS1L]
    #15024445 -

It's all mental, bro.

Quit being so lazy.

Besides, even 30 minutes every other day will see good results.

If you can force yourself to work out for say, the first week - long enough that you start getting compliments from the ladies - then you will be hooked like heroin.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15024461 -

Everytime you don't workout someone else is. The best times to workout are the times where you feel sick/tired/unmotivated. After those days on the days where you feel good your workouts will feel amazing.

There's a video of Arnold, talking about how working out for him feels just as good as fucking a chick and cumming. On the days where I'm super motivated thinking back on those days where I lifted through sickness not feeling motivated, the blood rushing into my fatigued muscles feels pretty much like an orgasm.


--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: pmb]
    #15024488 -

so I guess I will get more motivated the more I do it?

Its just getting over it for a week or two and then I be good to go.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15024508 -

Once you start building muscle, you won't want to stop.

You'll say to yourself, wow last time I could only lift this 10 times, now I can lift it 12 times. Being able to track yourself getting stronger is the shit.

Being a strong man is really important. It allows you to get your way, most of the time. People also tread lightly around a bigger guy.

Being a strong man is very important, in my opinion. Use violence to protect self, family, friends, women, and what you posses.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LayinUp]
    #15024552 -

feed off of adrenaline, then u will become addicted to your bodies natural drug.

when you work out you feel pain and it makes no sense what your doing it, but you want to kind of get mad at it, feel the rush, ect.  play some rocky music while u work out.

and i know alot of people can only get in the mood while going to gyms, but im far to lazy to drive just to fucking workout, seems really stupid, but each there own.  If your lazy like me get u some freeweights workout at home every other day or w/e. planning and reminding yourself when to workout helps to, i mean u want to do it when you feel good but there are going to be times when your like noooooooooo.  When that happens id start to think about what your eating and change your diet to try to give u more energy or just skip that day


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15024727 -

think of the increased ammounts of vagina and breastasez you will encounter


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15024748 -

Does anybody else find reduced muscle fatigue and increased inclination to work out when they are shrooming?

Shrooms are like steroids to me.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: chooken]
    #15024812 -

chooken said:
Take up a sport you like doing. Learn to skate or something
I was pretty involved with parkour a few years ago, go to some training classes and they will push you hard! Loads of fun also



this. mountain biking can be pretty fun at least half of it is all downhill except you gotta drop 500 on a bike...


--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: SurReality] * 1
    #15024835 -

:meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff::meff:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Salomon]
    #15024852 -

Don't do meth, it makes you white trashy.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LayinUp]
    #15024867 -

fine,

:rail:

or:syringe:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LayinUp]
    #15024869 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15024903 -

i used to hate it, then after a short while i became addicted to it without even knowing

i used to go in and watch the clock, counting down the minutes until i could go home


now i go in, spend 2 hours lifting and don't wanna leave


it'll come in time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Salomon]
    #15024940 -

I started smoking right before I would work out no other time during the day, by day 1 I was hooked it goes by like nothing and you feel the work out less. I took out my old bmx bike and started by going down to a park that was about a mile away, 6 months later and 70lbs less I go to the beach 18 miles away I smoke a blunt before a blunt at the beach and a blunt when I get home, I love it I only do it on weekends but I wish I could do it all week im in shape women compliment you everywhere you go and long story short smoking weed makes working out amazing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Dr. No Clue]
    #15024944 -

for some I guess, for me it just saps all motivation to get out of bed and go. And during i feel foggy and shit. definately not for me, but ive been on a weed binge the last week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15025649 -

indica said:
for some I guess, for me it just saps all motivation to get out of bed and go. And during i feel foggy and shit. definately not for me, but ive been on a weed binge the last week.



No homie, that's the best time to work out - when you feel like that. It makes your head strong.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snipers Motives ...
( 1 2 all )
Kemist 6,124 20 10/24/02 03:10 PM
by pezbomb
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,549 14 03/27/03 04:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Full body workout! KristiMidocean 1,066 13 02/21/05 11:07 AM
by KristiMidocean
* I hate being sick! Meph 1,016 6 02/22/03 04:04 AM
by Meph
* Childrens games that teach hate.
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog31337 4,545 47 10/09/20 05:24 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Educate yourself-Depersonalization boredboy 2,620 11 07/05/03 03:59 PM
by Jared
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 01:05 AM
by Jackal
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 12:21 PM
by dia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,721 topic views. 6 members, 19 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.