Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046286 -

haha what a vain retort. you must just like reading your own nonsense

the only thing vain would be to not want to be yourself - don juan.

i ain't taking these shocking good looks for granted. either way it's not the only reason i excersize, it feels good :cool:

now i'm wondering why it is, specifically, that you work out?


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: AntiEverything]
    #15046288 -

so he can be the toughest bro, bro


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15046293 -

Four weeks ago I set calender reminders in my phone telling me to do pushups and pull ups twice a day. Started at 10/5 at a time, am now up to 40/30 in just a month. Can notice the difference already.

All I really had to do was insist that I listen to my phone when it tells me to do so. Yeah, it's not a hardcore workout or anything, but I don't feel as sore anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15046298 -

One of the captains at work is really vain, a younger guy. He asked me a few weeks ago about how my lifting was going, said he'd heard I was right into powerlifting. I said yeah and he goes "so what's your goal? Do you want to reach a certain weight or what?"

my answer was simply "just to be completely ridiculous"

I get kind of carried away, I just want to lift the heaviest I can, consistently make gains, break through personal records and goals. To be strong. To have that on my side. Physical appearance was my top priority when I first got into it all, but it soon faded when i got into powerlifting and really stopped giving a fuck about it when I took notice of how many homos were doing circuits in the gym doing stupid workouts so they could flex.

It does feel good to know you've walked out feeling and looking better, but what's even better is knowing that next time I go, I have a record to break, something to achieve or work for. I was literally doing NOTHING but sleeping, eating, going to the gym and reading stuff online. I had NO life (and still don't) and was focusing all my energy on getting better and stronger.

I would be lying if I said I didn't care about how I look, but it's irrelevant. I do it for the sole purpose of being the strongest I can be, not so I can take my shirt off and "have a six pack"

toning comes later, and that's something I need to work on... but it's not a priority to me at the moment as getting stronger.

It's all personal, but PERSONALLY I think it's stupid to do it for pure vanity reasons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046307 -

excessive strength without necessity or reason? pretty much the definition of a vain action. you might just be more vain (and naive) than you had ever realized

also it seems you fear an association with homosexuals based upon the notion that you have observed other homosexuals taking pride in their appearance after a work out. perhaps you have inner-homosexual tendencies that you must project onto others to misdirect acknowledgement of your own sexuality. do not worry though, simply because a homosexual shares a similar behavioral trait as you, does not cause you to be a homosexual.


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Edited by AntiEverything (09/08/11 02:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: AntiEverything]
    #15046312 -

are you fucking kidding me? how is it vain to want to break personal goals? it's the game/sport of the self. competing against yourself. how is bettering the physical self for strength both mentally and physically 'vain'?

Quote:
i work out specifically so that I will look and feel good. a six-pack is pretty much top-priority for my work-out routine.



I know what I'm dealing with here. So I'm not even going to bother.

good luck op

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: AntiEverything]
    #15046315 -

you always seem mad now these days antieveything :feelsbadman:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046320 -

nah lol im just fucking around


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046665 -

indica said:
not to be a prick but...
i'm happy for you and your six pack.

but really, what's it good for? looking good? if that's all you want it for then good for you but to me that's kinda lame


bicep curls and situps are a waste of time in the reality of overall strength and fitness

edit: i should probably add that i incorporate weighted decline situps in my regime, but the purpose is to help build core abomdinal strength to assist in squats and deadz, not so i can have a rippling six pack for the fags to run their hands over when i'm dealin out handjobs in an alleyway. im sure i have a six pack somewhere under the belt of flab i'm reppin', tho



You assume a lot of things about me in that single post man plus what you do is automatically compare your fitness prohgram with mine when we obviously have very different ideas and goals about what fitness should be.

My point, when refering to my six pack, was that it is possible to develop one just by doing different types of sit-ups. Of course you have to eat right and do some cardio in order to maintain the lowest ammount of fat around the belt as possible. The other guy said sit-ups don't produce results, which is a complete lie.

And then you just seized the opportunity, once again, to advertize how great it is to be you and to be doing heavy weights. :shrug:


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15046864 -

DEADLIFT.



--------------------
"I thought I knew a lot about psychedelics before I encountered DMT... it showed me that I knew virtually nothing." - Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Krackatus]
    #15047092 -

i was expecting a "blowout" for some reason, when he reached for his belt at the end i was like here it comes.....

:feelsbadman:


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15058725 -

Powerlifting is usually to impress men and bodybuilding is more for attracting women. I like having a nicely proportioned and muscular body, I don't care how much weight I can lift neither do the women I spend time with.


--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: pmb]
    #15058736 -

Get some test, inject that shit in ur ass, get swoll. You won't lack for motivation you do that. Being ripped never hurts when you want to get your dick sucked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15058938 -

indica said:
i used to hate it, then after a short while i became addicted to it without even knowing

i used to go in and watch the clock, counting down the minutes until i could go home


now i go in, spend 2 hours lifting and don't wanna leave


it'll come in time



overtraining? 

Anyways, what I do is I keep telling myself this mantra: "I hate my body" with slight variations of "do you want to keep being a worthless piece of shit?".  I then bang out some reps while remaining as angry as possible and just beat the crap out of my body.  Do that for like 45 min to an hour and my workout session is over.  I can actually lift tangibly heavier weights when I do this - if I don't i'm just not pumped up and barely make any gains


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: bbl337]
    #15058944 -

play less video games


--------------------
We are all one but not really :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: bbl337]
    #15058949 -

Also, I refuse to believe most of the membesr here have 6 packs or are built - really, i really do doubt it.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: bbl337]
    #15059041 -

bbl337 said:
Also, I refuse to believe most of the membesr here have 6 packs or are built - really, i really do doubt it.



why's that?


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15059139 -

solstice said:
bbl337 said:
Also, I refuse to believe most of the membesr here have 6 packs or are built - really, i really do doubt it.



why's that?



most psych users couldn't give two shits less about things like that.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: bbl337]
    #15059146 -

bbl337 said:
solstice said:
bbl337 said:
Also, I refuse to believe most of the membesr here have 6 packs or are built - really, i really do doubt it.



why's that?



most psych users couldn't give two shits less about things like that.



What? Being in shape and healthy you mean?


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15059156 -

solstice said:
bbl337 said:
solstice said:
bbl337 said:
Also, I refuse to believe most of the membesr here have 6 packs or are built - really, i really do doubt it.



why's that?



most psych users couldn't give two shits less about things like that.



What? Being in shape and healthy you mean?



lol yea seriously.


also there's absolutely 0 correlation between using psychedelics and staying in shape. idk why you would even make that kind of a claim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snipers Motives ...
( 1 2 all )
Kemist 6,127 20 10/24/02 03:10 PM
by pezbomb
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,550 14 03/27/03 04:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Full body workout! KristiMidocean 1,070 13 02/21/05 11:07 AM
by KristiMidocean
* I hate being sick! Meph 1,016 6 02/22/03 04:04 AM
by Meph
* Childrens games that teach hate.
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog31337 4,549 47 10/09/20 05:24 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Educate yourself-Depersonalization boredboy 2,620 11 07/05/03 03:59 PM
by Jared
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 01:05 AM
by Jackal
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 12:21 PM
by dia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,721 topic views. 3 members, 25 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.