Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15027823 -

you can do "strength training"
as well as "power training"
as well as cardio
and stretching
and yoga/pilates
and massages


and be strong, lean, fit, agile and nimble.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027904 -

massages are the best part, nothing like working out to be rewarded by a nice hot shower and massage at the gym


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027940 -

indica said:
you can do "strength training"
as well as "power training"
as well as cardio
and stretching
and yoga/pilates
and massages


and be strong, lean, fit, agile and nimble.



yeah well, that was obviously my point.


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15043339 -

solstice said:
indica said:
you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.



Way to be an elitist mayne. How do sit ups and biceps curls make you '' not serious '' about it? We get it dude, you're a strong motherfucker, what then?



It's not elitist in the slightest, it's realistic. People expect to have the body of a Greek god and then don't even put in a fraction of the amount of work required to get there. Yes everyone has different goals, but I'll tell you now sit-ups are a shit exercise and a waste of time so even if your only goal is to have visible abs you'll probably need a little more dedication than that.


--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: F0SS1L]
    #15043353 -

I think most people know this :shrug:

but, bicep curls and sit ups are good exercises

people getting mad


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15043523 -

Drink some whey protein stuff daily. The stuff I got from Walmart for $16 combined with milk is like a strawberry milkshake and I love drinking it.

Everytime you work out, you should see results. It's just one of the activities you can do besides get high and get laid. It feels great and makes you feel like nobody can fuck with you. I'm 6 foot 3 and weigh 151 lbs and after I work out, I feel like a god. My mind is always in a different place, it's weird.

I enjoy working out. I think it's fun. I imagine my insides cleansing and repairing themselves everytime I think about eating healthy and working out. People who are lazy and fat and do nothing all day have problems with anger and issues out the ass. It's great how much a simple little workout every day can help you in every aspect of your life.

Eat a lot of food and get used to working out. Listen to music, get plenty of sunlight, don't ever take over-the-counter medications or smoke cigarettes or drink soda or eat candy. Use your imagination to entertain you, it feels amazing. Work out like it's the only thing you know. (Velvet acid christ - Timeless visions)


--------------------
hi

Edited by beachedjesus (09/07/11 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: beachedjesus]
    #15043532 -

man you should gain like 15 pounds. I'm 6'0 165 and I'm pretty skinny, if I lost 14 pounds I would look sickly


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: F0SS1L]
    #15043589 -

F0SS1L said:
solstice said:
indica said:
you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.




Way to be an elitist mayne. How do sit ups and biceps curls make you '' not serious '' about it? We get it dude, you're a strong motherfucker, what then?



It's not elitist in the slightest, it's realistic. People expect to have the body of a Greek god and then don't even put in a fraction of the amount of work required to get there. Yes everyone has different goals, but I'll tell you now sit-ups are a shit exercise and a waste of time so even if your only goal is to have visible abs you'll probably need a little more dedication than that.



Depends on your body type. I have almost no gear at home and I don't even go to a gym and thanks to sit ups I have a nice six pack going. What do you say to that?


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Edited by solstice (09/07/11 03:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15043664 -

Have a goal set before you start working out.
Once you have a goal, have a plan of what parts of the body you want to target for that specific day.
Don't just walk into a gym and randomly start doing different exercises.
Listen to music while working out, helps out alot!
If your looking to gain muscle, don't workout like a bitch. Make your workouts fucking intense.
Eat right, eat at least 4-5 times a day.
Don't expect results instantaneously.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15045909 -

not to be a prick but...
i'm happy for you and your six pack.

but really, what's it good for? looking good? if that's all you want it for then good for you but to me that's kinda lame


bicep curls and situps are a waste of time in the reality of overall strength and fitness

edit: i should probably add that i incorporate weighted decline situps in my regime, but the purpose is to help build core abomdinal strength to assist in squats and deadz, not so i can have a rippling six pack for the fags to run their hands over when i'm dealin out handjobs in an alleyway. im sure i have a six pack somewhere under the belt of flab i'm reppin', tho

Edited by indica (09/08/11 01:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046018 -

indica said:
not to be a prick but...
i'm happy for you and your six pack.

but really, what's it good for? looking good? if that's all you want it for then good for you but to me that's kinda lame


bicep curls and situps are a waste of time in the reality of overall strength and fitness



I like the way you think. I've read through just about all the links in your sig, some good stuff in there - I've added some of it to my own workout. Lift big or die small.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LayinUp]
    #15046041 -

if you want to be seriously strong, and i mean properly strong, not artificially built with gym machines and whatnot in un-natural ways, start using Kettlebells


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15046155 -

If oP really wants the results without the hard work he shld just jump on the juice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046249 -

In your experience, would you say it's possible to be 'serious' about your health if you don't lift weights or go to a gym?

I'm a fat asshole who just recently decided to stop eating junk and start riding a bike everyday. What other simple, logical, purposeful things would somebody like me need to do to get fit? Is it possible to develop a workout/strength-training regimen that doesn't require weights or other expensive equipment?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: grubbs]
    #15046258 -

you can do all the bodyweight exercises

if you wanted to be super-cereal about it, you could do shit like

- fill a back pack with rocks/heavy stuff and run up a mountain/hill (hill sprints)

when you get to the top or the bottom, deadlift or "clean & press" a heavy rock (my brother used to do all of the above and I went with him a couple of times, shit was brutal)

other than that, you could try

- tyre flipping/hit with a sledgehammer
- atlas walks
- kettlebell-type exercises with dumbbells
- prowler pull/push (sleds)
- ride your friggin bike
- go for a fucking run
- go for a fucking swim
- do some pushups, when that gets too easy start doing decline pushups with weights or a heavy backpack
- do decline situps, with weights
- chinups, pull ups, add weights when it gets easy (more than 10 reps for 3 sets)
- bodyweight ham/glute raises
- go out, find something heavy, pick it up a few times.


edit: i don't know the maths, but for cardio-type exercises there is a difference between 'sprinting' and 'endurance'

so like, when you're on your bike instead of going for a "2 hour ride", go for a "half-hour, intense as all fuck, ass-raping ride from hell".

look at "Ghetto Gym" on youtube, get some ideas

theres plenty you can do without going to the gym.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046268 -

indica said:
not to be a prick but...
i'm happy for you and your six pack.

but really, what's it good for? looking good? if that's all you want it for then good for you but to me that's kinda lame


bicep curls and situps are a waste of time in the reality of overall strength and fitness

edit: i should probably add that i incorporate weighted decline situps in my regime, but the purpose is to help build core abomdinal strength to assist in squats and deadz, not so i can have a rippling six pack for the fags to run their hands over when i'm dealin out handjobs in an alleyway. im sure i have a six pack somewhere under the belt of flab i'm reppin', tho




uhhh.......yeah. you sound like an idiot. :thumbdown:

i work out specifically so that I will look and feel good. a six-pack is pretty much top-priority for my work-out routine.

don't listen to indica. keep doing sit-ups, they are an awesome excersize :cool:


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: AntiEverything]
    #15046271 -

So you do it for vanity?

Cool bro.

I love it when I'm in the gym and all the weedy little fag-bros doing circuits of curls and situps stand around in awe and gawk when i pull a ridiculously heavy lift and have a prolapse and blowout shit all over their faces from a 200kg deadlift.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: AntiEverything]
    #15046276 -

except if you really want your muscle to show, you need to cut a lot of your belly fat. this means lots of cardio.

I do situps though. they are a good exercise.


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15046282 -

can't get muscle without gaining fat
can't lose fat without losing some muscle


i know a couple of people doing LeanGains at the moment, will have to check on their progress... something I should do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15046285 -

indica said:
So you do it for vanity?

Cool bro.

I love it when I'm in the gym and all the weedy little fag-bros doing circuits of curls and situps stand around in awe and gawk when i pull a ridiculously heavy lift and have a prolapse and blowout shit all over their faces from a 200kg deadlift.





you sound like the bro. no one likes bros, bro.

You'd be lying if you said physical appearance doesn't matter to you. I exercise mainly for my health, second because I want to be strong, third because I want to look good...I think that's the way it is for most people.


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snipers Motives ...
( 1 2 all )
Kemist 6,127 20 10/24/02 03:10 PM
by pezbomb
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,550 14 03/27/03 04:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Full body workout! KristiMidocean 1,070 13 02/21/05 11:07 AM
by KristiMidocean
* I hate being sick! Meph 1,016 6 02/22/03 04:04 AM
by Meph
* Childrens games that teach hate.
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog31337 4,549 47 10/09/20 05:24 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Educate yourself-Depersonalization boredboy 2,620 11 07/05/03 03:59 PM
by Jared
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 01:05 AM
by Jackal
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 12:21 PM
by dia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,721 topic views. 5 members, 260 guests and 284 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.