Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027647 -

indica said:
funny how a thread about fitness gets turned to being about meth so quickly



Yeah, what's up with that? :facepalm:

Let's get this topic back on track shall we?

I'm a really lazy type of person and yet, I've managed to shift the way I approach physical activity over the last few months when I used to be the kind of guy who liked to spend his days watching shit on tv and smoke weed.

Right now, I can't even spend a day without volontarily breaking a sweat or I feel bad about myself. It takes time and effort, but eventually, you re-wire your brain so that what used to give you pleasure ( in your case as well as mine, laziness ) does not give you anymore pleasure, or at least, not as much and physical activity and pushing yourself to your limit does in it's place.

I still have somewhat a hard time getting started, but simple things can help! Energy drinks for example; there are some healthy ones out there and they give you a kick when you need it. Sugar works fine: eat some sweets before you plan on working out! You'll burn those carbs right after anyway! I also drink those Vega boosters and shakes regularly. They were devised by some guy called Brendon Brazier who's an athlete and they really help keeping you strong and motivated.

But although working out is all well and good, one should make a distinction between working out to get into shape and become more healthy and merely becoming fit for the looks. Make that distinction in your head and keep it in mind as you progress. Why do you work out? What is your aim?

Last but not least, I personally think that running is a must. You may well lift really heavy shit and bench twice your own weight, but without proper cardio, it don't mean shit, so RUN! Get a running schedule going and take pleasure in it before moving on to bigger things.


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15027661 -

Plus it gets you laid.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15027664 -

OP my best advice is to just do it. When you feel like not working out, just do 10 pushups. Do a few bicep curls, or pullups, just get your body moving. Once you start, it'll be easier to continue. You'll be like "well, I just did 10, might as well do another 10" from there you might end up doing a full workout...

that's how it's always been for me. I'd sit there, looking at my weights, and just go "naww..." but then I finally convince myself to just do a few, and once I start it gets me motivated and pumped to complete the workout :thumbup:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony] * 1
    #15027672 -

no

no half assing

you need to bear mode that shit

working out is about WORKING

not being a fucking pussy and whimping out on it and hating it

hate the world, and take the rage out on your entire body

and dont be a girl and do bicep curls and situps

click the link in my sig and get STRONG

and smash bricks with your dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15027679 -

this thread inspired me to go for a bike ride (not on meth haha) before i get started on all my homework this after noon:thumbup:


--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15027680 -

Anthony said:
OP my best advice is to just do it. When you feel like not working out, just do 10 pushups. Do a few bicep curls, or pullups, just get your body moving. Once you start, it'll be easier to continue. You'll be like "well, I just did 10, might as well do another 10" from there you might end up doing a full workout...

that's how it's always been for me. I'd sit there, looking at my weights, and just go "naww..." but then I finally convince myself to just do a few, and once I start it gets me motivated and pumped to complete the workout :thumbup:



That's very true. All you need to do is to get this heart pumpin' juice and you're set :thumbup: Just that usually is enough to get you out of that '' lazy '' headspace.

All in all: physical fitness and balance will, in turn, generate mental health and balance too!


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027689 -

lol, smash bricks with your dick...

btw not everyone is a power lifter :shrug:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15027691 -

Quote:
and smash bricks with your dick





'' Bricks don't hit back ''


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15027701 -

you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15027703 -

Patlal said:
I fucking hate it.... Im super motivated for like the first 2 days and then I hate it... I know its healthy and shit, but its an activity I dislike very much...

How do you get in a workout mood??



I promise myself drugs afterwards.


they're pretty motivating :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027711 -

indica said:
you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.



dude did you even read my post? I told him to do SOMETHING to get him motivated to do a full workout...
I'm strong, I work out and exercise frequently...

:awewtf:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Anthony]
    #15027721 -

get motivated by doing a full workout

simple

:Trollface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027729 -

indica said:
you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.



Way to be an elitist mayne. How do sit ups and biceps curls make you '' not serious '' about it? We get it dude, you're a strong motherfucker, what then?


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027738 -

indica said:
you don't need to be a powerlifter to be strong

and you dont have to be massive to be a powerlifter

i just :facepalm: when I see "do some situps and bicep curls bro"

but if you're going to 'workout' and be serious about it you'll soon learn that half-assing it is competely fucking pointless. you do it for a reason, you may as well do it right.




^ What this guy said.

It's not a workout to me until I curl up in a ball and cry in agony from the pain.


--------------------


Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LayinUp]
    #15027754 -

well not everyone is the same, and you can get in great shape without punishing the shit out of your body.


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Patlal]
    #15027757 -

You could try some pre-workout supplements.

Such as

or


That shit will get you into beast mode real quick.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: solstice]
    #15027759 -

in my experience and the many attempts i've made over time to 'get serious' as it turned out the easiest way to get motivated was to actually go in and do full workouts, consistently, over time. give it a couple of weeks and you're hooked

keep it simple, logical, and purposeful, instead of half-assed and vain.

in my opinion
but w/e if you dont want advice from someone who has motivation, then cool. i'll shutup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #15027773 -

this is the best PWO supp i've come across


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: indica]
    #15027786 -

indica said:
in my experience and the many attempts i've made over time to 'get serious' as it turned out the easiest way to get motivated was to actually go in and do full workouts, consistently, over time. give it a couple of weeks and you're hooked

keep it simple, logical, and purposeful, instead of half-assed and vain.

in my opinion
but w/e if you dont want advice from someone who has motivation, then cool. i'll shutup.



Way to go from '' beast '' to '' victim '' in less time than it takes to down a protein shake! :lol: What about endurance mayne??

But yeah, I agree although it depends on what you want to get out of it: strenght, endurance, flexibility, tone etc.


--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really hate working out, give me tips to get motivated [Re: Dosile Kouki]
    #15027790 -

DosileFlynn said:
meth haters, read this thang

http://www.westword.com/2003-09-04/news/72-hour-party-people/full



:feelsgoodman:

:highfive:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snipers Motives ...
( 1 2 all )
Kemist 6,127 20 10/24/02 05:10 PM
by pezbomb
* Recorded yourself while tripping? Rob_K 2,550 14 03/27/03 06:29 PM
by dee_N_ae
* Full body workout! KristiMidocean 1,071 13 02/21/05 01:07 PM
by KristiMidocean
* I hate being sick! Meph 1,016 6 02/22/03 06:04 AM
by Meph
* Childrens games that teach hate.
( 1 2 3 all )
Frog31337 4,549 47 10/09/20 07:24 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Educate yourself-Depersonalization boredboy 2,620 11 07/05/03 05:59 PM
by Jared
* Have yourself a very r3tr0 Christmas! PapaverS 1,822 9 12/23/02 03:05 AM
by Jackal
* Cedar point... whos worked there and whos goin work 03? Fungushungry 1,481 9 04/03/03 02:21 PM
by dia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,721 topic views. 1 members, 361 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.