Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: insipidtoast]
    #14845617 -

ooh they look so healthy!
* edit* are you growing those for its effects, or just the fun.
If for effects, what does it do for YOU


--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Edited by Cosmic fusio (07/29/11 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14847640 -

Cosmic fusio said:
ooh they look so healthy!
* edit* are you growing those for its effects, or just the fun.
If for effects, what does it do for YOU



Are you talking about my D. bosseranum or the other picture of S. tortuosum? I'm growing them for the effects, but I realize I won't be using them soon. So in the meantime I enjoy to see them grow and keep them as a houseplant! I'm not even sure if I want to consume all of the plants once they get old. I like to have a collection of ethnobotanical plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Poison Drink]
    #14850151 -

Yes i like to have a collection to, but every plant i have needs an other climate so its a fight to keep them healthy..
Hey are youre not dutch as well?


--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14850429 -


"hard grown" kanna, outdoors in full fun, only watered by nature


"hard grown" D. bosseranum, rarely watered, until recently they where more crowded.


D. bosseranum in the greenhouse, where it gets water regularly


Kanna in the greenhouse


D. bosseranum growing in the shade, looks much greener, but has bloomed much less.

Sceletium sp SB661 Brandrivier, seems to grow MUCH slower the S. tortulosum


--------------------
My trade list ∞Ω Currently open to trades, I have lots of edible/medicinal seeds available.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14850460 -

Cosmic fusio said:
Yes i like to have a collection to, but every plant i have needs an other climate so its a fight to keep them healthy..
Hey are youre not dutch as well?



I know the problem, however I only choose plants that are able to survive in my window sill. In some days/weeks I hope to purchase some grow lights, so I'll be able to cultivate light-demanding plants. And yes, my native language is Dutch, but I live in Belgium. Is it that obvious? :grin:

@ InfiniteOhms: Very admirable collection you've got there! How old are those succulents? The "hard grown" plants and greenhouse plants look so different from one another!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Poison Drink]
    #14850566 -

Poison Drink said:
@ InfiniteOhms: Very admirable collection you've got there! How old are those succulents? The "hard grown" plants and greenhouse plants look so different from one another!



Thank you :grin: These where all started over the winter, i think i started both of them in november/december 2010. Growing succulents takes a lot less patience then cacti, the cacti i started in september 2010 are mostly still under 1/2 inch tall. They grow great even w/o lights, just a south facing window (i'm at 43* north lat, so the direction of the window makes a BIG difference).

PS if anyone wants seeds of d. bosseranum, many of my plants have seed heads on them, i could also take cuttings of kanna/d.bosseranum if anyone wants to trade.


--------------------
My trade list ∞Ω Currently open to trades, I have lots of edible/medicinal seeds available.

Edited by InfiniteOhms (07/31/11 07:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: InfiniteOhms]
    #14851019 -

InfiniteOhms said:
PS if anyone wants seeds of d. bosseranum, many of my plants have seed heads on them, i could also take cuttings of kanna/d.bosseranum if anyone wants to trade.



Sometime in the future I would like to cultivate Kanna. Has your S. tortuosum ever produced seeds? However I suppose you're an American citizen, so it's not very convenient to do a trade to Europe. It seems like no European vendor sells these seeds, so if I would order them from an American vendor, I should order several species to keep it a bit profitable. But I think all my window sills will be full in some months, so I'm not in a hurry to get more seeds, hehe! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: Poison Drink]
    #14851193 -

my kanna has yet to produce seeds, but when you are ready feel free to drop me a PM, i might have seeds by then.


--------------------
My trade list ∞Ω Currently open to trades, I have lots of edible/medicinal seeds available.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: InfiniteOhms]
    #15004592 -

what would happen if you just cut off some of the leaves and ate them without any prepwork?

Edited by insipidtoast (08/31/11 12:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: insipidtoast]
    #15005512 -

Legend has it that the oxalic acid would turn your blood into sand and your limbs into heavy cranks to be pulled by oxen.

In all seriousness though it's a poor idea; the acid is converted during the fermentation process into part of the psuedo-psychedelic mix if I am remembering the alkaloid breakdown properly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sceletium tortuosum [Re: RourkeAnderson]
    #15008230 -

Ohh oxalic acid. Yuck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Sceletium tortuosum (Kanna), Delosperma bosseranum and other Sceletium spp. Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Poison Drink 32,207 244 11/01/25 10:19 PM
by divineverdance
* Mesembryanthemum,and Sceletium tortuosum Germination
( 1 2 all )
KBG1977 5,625 34 10/01/12 04:36 AM
by Herbivore1
* Germinating and growing Sceletium tortuosum (KANA) Psilosopherr 2,041 1 08/16/13 04:33 AM
by Uneak
* Sceletium tortuosum ?? Pinhead 2,785 13 10/14/09 04:31 PM
by Cactusdan
* Slow growing Sceletium tortuosum globos 5,227 13 09/14/10 10:44 AM
by globos
* Sceletium Tortuosum question zeros_project 2,815 12 11/02/03 03:52 PM
by Ole Field Trashe
* Sceletium Tortuosum Spagyrist 1,393 7 10/15/09 09:07 AM
by theMallacht
* Sceletium tortuosum? mushroomspoon 2,349 9 11/28/03 08:45 PM
by the man

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,526 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.