Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: The Vapor]
    #14870050 -

Some psychologists get their patients to ingest a bit of Molly during a session, or so I've read, and it apparently works absolute wonders on the patient.

Should start looking for another shrink if you still feel like you need to, I don't think they would all be idiots :smile: this particular one sounds like a bit of a dill.

When I was younger my high school forced me to see a shrink, apparently because I get angry when people are dicks to me means 'I have anger issues' lol! I'm the 2nd most chilled out person I know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: jonstoned]
    #14870091 -

In general its best not to tell people from what I've experienced. Especially lsd to an older person from the sixty's or seventies. They will think your a schizo. I have a psychologist tho and told her, and actually lent her a book recently on them. (Haven't seen her since) I can't deal with close minded people. Im not expecting a psychdelic session tho an mdma one would probably do wonders. At least it will give her informative information that isn't government bs.It covers studies, graphs, personality development, religious practices, law scheduling abuse, possibilities for future, medicinal value the list goes on... and just shows that people who use psychedelics aren't bat shit crazy. I think I have add too and have been taking adderall. It helps and feels good but theres downsides and I try not to take it all the time.


--------------------
I've done a lot of drugs in the past, I still do.

Abracadabra

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: jonstoned]
    #14870093 -

comradez you're being tugged in two different directions.

one direction is dictated by the object-oriented materialist syndrome, one which you still cling to as a useful or beneficial disposition. i suppose it could be...but not really.

the other is your creative/intuitive aspect which compels one to seek greater understanding of the cosmic intelligence, ultimately leading to a greater general understanding of the infinite intricacies abound in all things. this is the realm of magic and manifestation.

you may find the need to achieve some sort of tight-rope balance between these two dispositions in the coming period of your life but i surmise you will ultimately find that the former is holding you back from fulfilling certain greater purposes.

i think you are probably well aware of this though. :laugh:


--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/greenspectral ;  <---original electrik muziq

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: greenspectral]
    #14870279 -

greenspectral said:
comradez you're being tugged in two different directions.

one direction is dictated by the object-oriented materialist syndrome, one which you still cling to as a useful or beneficial disposition. i suppose it could be...but not really.

the other is your creative/intuitive aspect which compels one to seek greater understanding of the cosmic intelligence, ultimately leading to a greater general understanding of the infinite intricacies abound in all things. this is the realm of magic and manifestation.

you may find the need to achieve some sort of tight-rope balance between these two dispositions in the coming period of your life but i surmise you will ultimately find that the former is holding you back from fulfilling certain greater purposes.

i think you are probably well aware of this though. :laugh:



:awewtf:

'Greater purpose' eh?  That's pretty, um, vague and ridiculous to be honest.  That's the same kind of bullshit that OP is throwing out from the other side saying the he 'should' be doing something he hates.  No more mumbo jumbo.

Life is about a balance, like you say.  There is no 'greater purpose'.  Survive, have fun, and do your thang.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14870297 -

try to not focus so much on the words.


--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/greenspectral ;  <---original electrik muziq

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: greenspectral]
    #14870443 -

'Psychologists know nothing about themselves' - Osho



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14870492 -

:facepalm:

I had psychiatrist and psychologists confused too. Psychiatrists are the ones I really dislike.
Although they are pretty similar in my experience.. the psychologists just sent me to the psychiatrists (in the next room..) with their recommendations.. and after 2 minutes they are like ok you need this this and this. They worked in tandem at the places I was at.

Therapists in my experience... are the lesser evil.. they actually want to help you work through your problems instead of just pumping you full of drugs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: greenspectral]
    #14870668 -

greenspectral said:
comradez you're being tugged in two different directions.

one direction is dictated by the object-oriented materialist syndrome, one which you still cling to as a useful or beneficial disposition. i suppose it could be...but not really.

the other is your creative/intuitive aspect which compels one to seek greater understanding of the cosmic intelligence, ultimately leading to a greater general understanding of the infinite intricacies abound in all things. this is the realm of magic and manifestation.

you may find the need to achieve some sort of tight-rope balance between these two dispositions in the coming period of your life but i surmise you will ultimately find that the former is holding you back from fulfilling certain greater purposes.

i think you are probably well aware of this though. :laugh:



Yeah, I've known for a while that I'm being tugged in two directions.  I've also found myself continually stuck between two social worlds: professional academia, and psychedelic hippiedom, without being able to function very well in either of them.  If I talk about my real interests in my academic setting, people think I'm crazy.  But if I go and try to hang out with some psychedelic hippies, they think I'm a police informant (I wrote a thread about that a little while ago on here). 

If you give up on the professional establishment entirely, you end up like Timothy Leary, and I'm not sure that's where I want to be.  The most successful people I've seen who balance the two sides have been people who have made sure to take care of the professional aspect first and gotten that settled before really indulging their psychedelic proclivities.  For example, Rick Doblin, Rick Strassman, or any of the researchers doing psilocybin trials, etc.  If you go on the MAPS website, it actually has advice for young professionals interested in the psychedelic experience, saying that it is best to obtain the necessary higher degrees and get one's foot into the door before revealing one's apparently batshit-crazy ideas about psychedelics.  In my heart, I know that this is the more prudent path, but there's a large part of me that is too impatient for this and that doesn't have the will to soldier through to this end.  I feel like ADHD medication might help get me through that checkpoint to the point where I can do more of what I want from a position of greater influence and personal security.

By the way, I have to say that chatting here on the shroomery will probably end up being more helpful than talking with the psychologist...although she could help even the score quite a bit with an ADHD diagnosis. :lol:


--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Edited by Comradez (08/04/11 03:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892117 -

Okay, so, I went to my follow-up meeting, and the psychologist told me that I am moderately at-risk for ADHD but don't quite register as having enough symptoms to diagnose it...but that my main issue is depression.  And, you know, I kind of agree with her. 

So now what am I going to do?  I've got an idea...

I've going to spend six 2-month intervals trying different approaches to depression. 

1st interval:  The control scenario.  I'm going to try to work out, get really healthy, meditate, be more assertive and less passive and dependent towards people, and generally fix the problem by force of will. 

2nd interval:  I'm going to continue trying to everything in the first scenario, with the addition of taking 1 HBWR seed a day. 

3rd interval:  Ditto, but instead taking a low (sub-acutely-effective) dose of syrian rue extract each day.  I will have to tweak my diet during these 2 months.

4th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 0.5 grams of mushrooms a day.

5th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 1mg of MDPV a day. 

6th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking whatever SSRI antidepressant my doctor wants to prescribe to me. 

At the end of all of this, I'm going to write a book about it and judge which was most effective. 

A key question I am investigating, and which I think nobody has ever addressed, is:  do psychedelic drugs have medium to long-term effects when taken consistently at sub-acutely-effective dosages?


--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892151 -

Comradez said:
Okay, so, I went to my follow-up meeting, and the psychologist told me that I am moderately at-risk for ADHD but don't quite register as having enough symptoms to diagnose it...but that my main issue is depression.  And, you know, I kind of agree with her. 

So now what am I going to do?  I've got an idea...

I've going to spend six 2-month intervals trying different approaches to depression. 

1st interval:  The control scenario.  I'm going to try to work out, get really healthy, meditate, be more assertive and less passive and dependent towards people, and generally fix the problem by force of will. 

2nd interval:  I'm going to continue trying to everything in the first scenario, with the addition of taking 1 HBWR seed a day. 

3rd interval:  Ditto, but instead taking a low (sub-acutely-effective) dose of syrian rue extract each day.  I will have to tweak my diet during these 2 months.

4th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 0.5 grams of mushrooms a day.

5th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 1mg of MDPV a day. 

6th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking whatever SSRI antidepressant my doctor wants to prescribe to me. 

At the end of all of this, I'm going to write a book about it and judge which was most effective. 

A key question I am investigating, and which I think nobody has ever addressed, is:  do psychedelic drugs have medium to long-term effects when taken consistently at sub-acutely-effective dosages?



i dont think the daily mpdv is a good idea.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892168 -

I'd suggest seeing another psychologist.  The one thing that matters in a psychologist is rapport.  If you don't feel like you can open up to them, then there's no point in continuing to see them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Sheekle]
    #14892307 -

Sheekle said:
Comradez said:
Okay, so, I went to my follow-up meeting, and the psychologist told me that I am moderately at-risk for ADHD but don't quite register as having enough symptoms to diagnose it...but that my main issue is depression.  And, you know, I kind of agree with her. 

So now what am I going to do?  I've got an idea...

I've going to spend six 2-month intervals trying different approaches to depression. 

1st interval:  The control scenario.  I'm going to try to work out, get really healthy, meditate, be more assertive and less passive and dependent towards people, and generally fix the problem by force of will. 

2nd interval:  I'm going to continue trying to everything in the first scenario, with the addition of taking 1 HBWR seed a day. 

3rd interval:  Ditto, but instead taking a low (sub-acutely-effective) dose of syrian rue extract each day.  I will have to tweak my diet during these 2 months.

4th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 0.5 grams of mushrooms a day.

5th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking 1mg of MDPV a day. 

6th interval:  Ditto, but instead taking whatever SSRI antidepressant my doctor wants to prescribe to me. 

At the end of all of this, I'm going to write a book about it and judge which was most effective. 

A key question I am investigating, and which I think nobody has ever addressed, is:  do psychedelic drugs have medium to long-term effects when taken consistently at sub-acutely-effective dosages?



i dont think the daily mpdv is a good idea.



Not even a miniscule dose?  Like, what sort of dose, ingested orally, would best approximate a prescription dose of adderall or ritalin?


--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892324 -

Regardless, without a placebo your whole experiment is invalid.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: badchad]
    #14892333 -

My brother is a psychologist and can be pretty ignorant when it comes to psychedelics.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892346 -

Dont discuss your drug use with anyone in your professional life as an adult. Society doesnt accept them and they are illegal. You will do no good telling your psychologist or Psychiatrist about them.


Fire her, get a new one, and dont make the same mistake. Your there to find out what mental problems may be ailing you, not having tea and getting to know eachother


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (08/08/11 07:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Almond Flour]
    #14892483 -

Ethnobotanical said:
Dont discuss your drug use with anyone in your professional life as an adult. Society doesnt accept them and they are illegal. You will do no good telling your psychologist or Psychiatrist about them.


Fire her, get a new one, and dont make the same mistake. Your there to find out what mental problems may be ailing you, not having tea and getting to know eachother




:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892488 -

I told my psychiatrist about psychedelics, he didn't know about the 2C-family, and he was surprised when I told him that mescaline was the only psychedelic that didn't give me anxiety, even at high doses.  The reason psychiatrists don't know much is because 1) There really isn't a huge problem with psychedelics, wrt to health or mental stability.  2) The government has suppressed information about psychedelics, and not allowed much research.  (Until recently)

My psychiatrist told me the biggest problems he had seen in the hospital emergency room was datura usage.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14892570 -

I would so not be brave enough to tell any sort of a professional about my drug use. I could too easily see one deciding to call the cops on me for my own good or something. I've gotten paranoid about going to a psychologist at all, just because all that personal info gets kept in a file and could be passed on to people I'm not down with. Fuck that. Personally never gave me any sort of an advantage anyway. (Not that I'm trying to discourage you from it, cognitive therapy's exactly what some people need.)

I'm terrified of SSRIs, way too much shit coming out on them turning out to have fucked people up however many years later. Prescription drugs can be scary, in general, they put too much of that stuff on the market before they know the full story. I'm all for working through your problems with willpower if at all possible. So much of depression is a matter of being really and truly honest with yourself about what's going on even in your deepest and darkest thoughts. It's about really taking control and training yourself to not dwell on bad shit. It's a longer and harder process, but you're a hell of a lot less likely to relapse and you'll be stronger all around for it.

How that approach works with ADD though.. :shrug: But it's got to be worth a try!

Much luck to you.


--------------------
"Everything is the way it is because it got that way."
- D'Arcy Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: lilblueshroom] * 1
    #14897534 -

I'm not worried about doctors calling the cops on me for my drug usage.  I come across with a very professional air, and superficial stuff like that impresses people and causes them to hold certain people to different standards.  It's unfair, but it's true. 

As for SSRIs, there's another subject on which my psychologist was pretty naive.  Of course, she wasn't about to prescribe me any (as she can't), but she mentioned that my primary care physician would probably recommend "antidepressants," and I said, "You mean SSRIs?" and she was like, "Yes, nowadays they tend to be very effective with very few side effects."  I was like, :dumbass:  I replied with some evidence against SSRIs that I had read from legitimate, respected authors in the field, and she just replied, "Oh, you shouldn't believe everything you hear." (!)  She asked, "Do you trust your doctor?"  I replied, "I trust that he wouldn't willingly try to harm me, but I don't assume that he knows everything, so I don't discount the possibility that he might inadvertently harm me by giving me a prescription for which he does not have a sufficient appreciation for the possibility of adverse effects.  That's why I would listen to his advice, and then do my own research and make a judgment."  Doctors just expect you to take whatever they tell you to take.  It's absurd.  But I guess, most patients are like that.


--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14898174 -

After my recent experience... I don't think so! Somatoform disorder? Really? The ultrasound said its gullstones. But here take some antipsychotics.


--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,139 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* Anybody else prepared for significant backlash against psychedelics in lieu of their therapeutic use? jdawg333 390 5 05/05/21 01:51 PM
by mAver
* What The Fuck Are We Doing? :( Nymphaea 516 9 05/07/21 04:10 PM
by scarabaeus
* Goa Trance Or Psychedelic Trance *Poll* filthysock 2,621 18 08/27/09 07:20 AM
by UnholyChild666
* Help the psychedelic community grow, recruit! psikooz 1,309 8 04/19/04 02:02 PM
by filthysock
* best psychedelic albums? NiGGy 3,494 19 04/29/03 12:40 PM
by gnrm23
* Big company fucking people over.. what can I do? Jared 2,373 15 02/14/04 11:38 PM
by RuNE
* BILL GATES: A REAL JERK
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
cannabinated 2,712 211 08/20/21 03:51 AM
by Warrk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,355 topic views. 2 members, 38 guests and 326 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.