Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14866400 -

I always mix up the two. Oops


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Kada]
    #14866427 -

I went to a psychologist recently and my situation seems like it played out sort of the same. Except when he asked me, "So let me get this straight, you are okay with smoking marijuana using it as an antidepressant but you wouldnt be ok with trying out a drug made specifically for depression?" I didn't know what to say, because if you actually listen to everything they have to say you would understand how logical they are and how stupid you look trying one drug but refusing to try another when you are trying to gain the same effect. Not saying thats what happened in your case but it sounds like you totally misunderstood the situation.

And for those of you who chose to bash anti depressants have you ever taken them? Do you know anyone who was actually depressed who took them? Not someone who saw a guy and munched pills, someone who obviously saw the tole real depression takes on someones life and saw someone about it took pills and have their life change? It doesn't sound like it, because EVERY single person I know who had depression and mild to moderate depression had amazing success stories with anti depressants. But everyone I know also used WELLBUTRIN, had ZERO side effects, and used the losest dose regime for 6 months.

Edited by todesengel (08/03/11 09:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: todesengel] * 1
    #14866447 -

Yeah well you should have told him at least you can keep your dick and balls intact with weed compared to the vast number of antidepressants that make you put your tail inbetween your legs, basically puts a chasity belt on your sex drive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Uzziel]
    #14866457 -

The people I know who were depressed and started on an antidepressant regimen were depressed and didn't care to go out and get laid anyways. That might not be the case for everyone, but in those cases they make anti depressants that don't have negative sexual effects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14866485 -

psychologists don't/can't prescribe pills; they try to fix your problems without big pharma.
they are more respectable then psychiatrists :awesomenod:

However neither usually know shit about psychedelics because they aren't legal and they were not tested very much on them in college. So they assume they make you crazy.
If a mentally unstable person takes them they very well may go crazy:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: todesengel]
    #14866503 -

todesengel said:
I went to a psychologist recently and my situation seems like it played out sort of the same. Except when he asked me, "So let me get this straight, you are okay with smoking marijuana using it as an antidepressant but you wouldnt be ok with trying out a drug made specifically for depression?" I didn't know what to say



You could have said something along the lines of "Exactly".

It's no one's fault but yours if you don't have the stones to stand up to the almighty Doctor.

Quote:
And for those of you who chose to bash anti depressants have you ever taken them? Do you know anyone who was actually depressed who took them? Not someone who saw a guy and munched pills, someone who obviously saw the tole real depression takes on someones life and saw someone about it took pills and have their life change? It doesn't sound like it, because EVERY single person I know who had depression and mild to moderate depression had amazing success stories with anti depressants. But everyone I know also used WELLBUTRIN, had ZERO side effects, and used the losest dose regime for 6 months.



The views bashing anti-depressants are plain common sense. Many of the points supporting the logic behind not taking them have already been touched upon. As far as I can recall, those points have all been valid.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14866512 -

My buddies therapist has participated in Psilocybin trials. He is still against it and told him that it has no long term positive benefits.


--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez] * 1
    #14866560 -

I think it is typically good to be honest with a prescriber-- and it can be sometimes interesting to get the perspective of a "professional" on your psychedelic use. I do however want to urge you to use caution in your disclosure.

Do keep in mind that you will probably never convince this lady that psychedelics (or any "recreational" drugs) are okay, and furthermore, this stuff may end up going into a file that may follow you around for life. That could pop up later when you need other medications and may not be able to get them. For example, benzos are rarely prescribed to self-confessed addicts / drug-abusers, which you have already more or less labeled yourself as.

Alternately, you can go into your next appointment and tell her that you saw this horrific documentary about the negative effects of psychedelics. Tell her you never realized it could do all that stuff to you. That you talked to a friend, whose sibling went permanently insane after taking too much of whatever...

...and hopefully by the time you leave the office, the acid you've slipped into her water will be kicking in.


--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Kada] * 1
    #14866574 -

Kada said:
I always mix up the two. Oops



Yup most people do lol.
But its harmful because psychologist are actually VERY helpful and can really help people. They do not prescribe pills, they cannot legally (well I think they can in Louisiana but not in the rest of the world) and work with you to identify what is going wrong, and offer counseling, not telling you what to do but giving you the understanding to figure out what to do.

I do not like psychiatrists. I have seen enough of them, and seen what harm they cause. Psychiatric nurses are the same thing. So many times someone could be helped through actual therapy and instead they are bound to a stretcher and medicated.

Psychology is the opposite of big pharma.
Ann Shulgin is a psychologist


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (08/03/11 10:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #14866587 -

CidneyIndole said:
this stuff may end up going into a file that may follow you around for life. That could pop up later when you need other medications and may not be able to get them. For example, benzos are rarely prescribed to self-confessed addicts / drug-abusers, which you have already more or less labeled yourself as.



This reminds me of when I was required to see a psychiatrist in my early teens. I remember her asking me what drugs I had recently taken. The list was broad and I was straightforward. Hashish and LSD were both included. She nodded her head a bit and prescribed me benzos 10 minutes later.

If the system has become more strict since then, luckily there isn't really any need for these medications.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: todesengel] * 1
    #14866624 -

I was seriously depressed and took anti-depressants and they didn't help. What did work for me was to stop feeling sorry for myself and realize I was the one making myself miserable. I felt and continue to feel better than ever after I realized that.


--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: SpiritualSnorkel]
    #14866632 -

Comradez said:
It's like taking opiates and not feeling the pain response to let you know your testicles are on fire.



:lol:

If that change of direction is going from possessing a doctorate to a gas-station attendant position it may not be the best of directions to change to.

Then again, who nods hard enough to light their balls on fire...and nothing else. That's a well placed nod-cigarette, sir.




~Monk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: numonkei]
    #14866666 -

numonkei said:
Comradez said:
It's like taking opiates and not feeling the pain response to let you know your testicles are on fire.



:lol:

If that change of direction is going from possessing a doctorate to a gas-station attendant position it may not be the best of directions to change to.

Then again, who nods hard enough to light their balls on fire...and nothing else. That's a well placed nod-cigarette, sir.




~Monk



A degree isn't everything, and not everyone without one is destined to a life of pumping gas. There are plenty of other things.

This idea that you must blindly go through the motions of college without question is demented. It's like a pandemic.

Those "currently in college" will try to corroborate or reinforce the belief in themselves that they made the right choice to attend by convincing others it's necessary and encouraging them to do it too. That if they don't go, they'll be a worthless hobo. It's shit. There are lots of well-off drop-outs and lots of unemployed graduates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Shroomism]
    #14866727 -

Shroomism said:
ADHD is pretty much total bullshit.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: love2shpongleIRL] * 1
    #14866768 -

SpiritualSnorkel is right on with almost everything he has said.

You honestly think that most people LOVE going to school, and just LOVE doing work that they're not interested in?

I went to school for EE.  I coasted through, because I didn't really care for it.  Now I'm out the other side, with a degree, and still no fucking clue what I want to do with my life.  The only thing I can seem to concentrate on for more than 10-20 minutes is music.

I feel the internet has pretty much destroyed most people's ability to concentrate for long periods of time.  In our society today, with the internet, among other things, people can be entertained by virtual nothing for hours on end.  There's mainstream TV, Hollywood movies, you name it.  None of these things really require much/any attention, so of course if every day you're training yourself not to concentrate for long periods of time, guess what?  You're not going to be able to concentrate for long periods of time.

I had a buddy in school who was diagnosed ADD.  He was prescribed Dex.  This kid was also amazing at math.  You know why?  Because he would take the Dex, then sit down and hammer out a billion math problems that NOBODY ELSE in the program would do.  And guess what else?  He ONLY took them when he wanted to.  When he wanted to get work done.  Doesn't really sound like 'ADD' to me - sounds like someone who wanted an aid to help him do work he didn't want to do.

You keep saying that you 'should' be doing something.  What in the fuck does that even mean?  Who's telling you what you 'should' and 'shouldn't' be doing?  You should be doing your master's degree because society tells you you should?  Because your parents tell you you should?

I think what you need is not drugs, but to seriously re-evaluate your motivations in life, learn some self-discipline, and then start taking your course in life.  Taking a master's is very specific, it's not like an undergrad.  You're going to likely be working in that field for the rest of you life, and frankly you don't sound interested in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14866974 -

print her some information on the therapeutic benefits of ayahuasca and give it to her :thumbup:


--------------------
:potleaf: :tendshroom: :potleaf:
:leaf::peyotespectrum::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #14868462 -

CidneyIndole said:
I think it is typically good to be honest with a prescriber-- and it can be sometimes interesting to get the perspective of a "professional" on your psychedelic use. I do however want to urge you to use caution in your disclosure.

Do keep in mind that you will probably never convince this lady that psychedelics (or any "recreational" drugs) are okay, and furthermore, this stuff may end up going into a file that may follow you around for life. That could pop up later when you need other medications and may not be able to get them. For example, benzos are rarely prescribed to self-confessed addicts / drug-abusers, which you have already more or less labeled yourself as.

Alternately, you can go into your next appointment and tell her that you saw this horrific documentary about the negative effects of psychedelics. Tell her you never realized it could do all that stuff to you. That you talked to a friend, whose sibling went permanently insane after taking too much of whatever...

...and hopefully by the time you leave the office, the acid you've slipped into her water will be kicking in.



Now, this is just paranoid. :lol:  Yeah, any future psychologist I see is probably going to see this stuff.  So what?  It means I don't have to repeat myself over and over again.  As long as it doesn't get disclosed to employers or insurance companies, I don't really care. 

And I don't anticipate ever needing benzos for anything other than muscle spasms (I had to take valium for a few days a few years back when I got these horrible neck spasms, and it really wasn't a big deal). 

As for my masters degree, I was really pumped about it when I started out.  I had all these ideas for research projects that I hoped to pursue eventually in my career as an historian.  Hell, I still have "ideas," but I don't have enough self-confidence in myself to ever believe at this point that they will ever become anything more than just ideas.  I'd still really like to be a professor...if I thought that I was up to it.  But lately, I really don't feel like I am, if I have the overwhelming urge to fall asleep or browse the shroomery every time I start reading an article for class.


--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14869942 -

Dude, I read the part about tests and shit. That's all bullshit.

I've had a GREAT shrink. She was mildly anti-psychedelic, but I went in there after I ODed, so drugs were a huge part of the discussion at first.

Fuck all those "tests". A good shrink teaches you to be self-analytic. One of the more powerful tools she taught me is whenever something is bothering you and you don't know why, ask yourself "what emotions come up when you think of ___". It's usually obvious as fuck. It's also helpful for getting things out of people who are having a hard time starting.

Also, always ask yourself "why do I think this?" "is there another way of seeing this?" "where is this emotion coming from?". Thought stopping is useful (I've used it while tripping many times hahaha).

Find a good shrink, they'll be helpful as fuck.

Any shrink who uses those tests is stupid as fuck. Fuck them.


I was talking to my psychology student friend, and I told her that the cognitive approach was my favorite and it was the most useful. She told me she hated it because it's "boring". At first I thought nothing of it but what I'm now wondering what would happen if she had me as a patient. I benefit from that style...would she not use it because it's "boring"? So what if I went to her, would she try using techniques that don't work on me? I wonder...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: Comradez]
    #14869969 -

i would probably talk to someone who is educated on the psychological benefits of psychedelics.IMO:shrug: she sounds clueless...even a layperson such as myself has heard of this and she hasnt???:Awesketch:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My psychologist doesn't have a fucking clue about psychedelics [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #14869994 -

thelivingfreekshow said:
i would probably talk to someone who is educated on the psychological benefits of psychedelics.IMO:shrug: she sounds clueless...even a layperson such as myself has heard of this and she hasnt???:Awesketch:



Would there really be that many psychologists who fit that description? I'm am sure there are some but it just seems like it would be few and far between.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,139 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* Anybody else prepared for significant backlash against psychedelics in lieu of their therapeutic use? jdawg333 390 5 05/05/21 01:51 PM
by mAver
* What The Fuck Are We Doing? :( Nymphaea 518 9 05/07/21 04:10 PM
by scarabaeus
* Goa Trance Or Psychedelic Trance *Poll* filthysock 2,622 18 08/27/09 07:20 AM
by UnholyChild666
* Help the psychedelic community grow, recruit! psikooz 1,309 8 04/19/04 02:02 PM
by filthysock
* best psychedelic albums? NiGGy 3,494 19 04/29/03 12:40 PM
by gnrm23
* Big company fucking people over.. what can I do? Jared 2,373 15 02/14/04 11:38 PM
by RuNE
* BILL GATES: A REAL JERK
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
cannabinated 2,712 211 08/20/21 03:51 AM
by Warrk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,355 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.