Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Pups are awesome
    #14781154 -



Two little wings.



Another pair of wings.



San Pedro pup.



Another teensy bridgesii pup.



Peruvian Torch brother and sister.



A potted San Pedro has two pups.



The family of bridgesii welcomes this prickly newcomer.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: joemolloy]
    #14781268 -

Cool pics. Do you plan on removing the pups and rooting them on their own?


--------------------
"For a man, as a Christian, to enforce a principle of morality or righteousness on his fellowman by civil law is persecution." - David Lipscomb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: GREENOKIE]
    #14781301 -

they are awesome. looks like you got quite a few.. very cool


--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: GREENOKIE]
    #14781304 -

Nice pics man! Wish I could put some in the ground and get big pups like that :o)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: GREENOKIE]
    #14781407 -

GREENOKIE said:
Cool pics. Do you plan on removing the pups and rooting them on their own?



Thanks.  I'll leave them and let them grow.  In the future, I'll probably cut the tips and replant them while I tea up the bodies.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: joemolloy]
    #14781594 -

hey man they lookin good whatever happen with that red tar you made


--------------------
Good people drink good beer-Hunter S. Thompson

:mushroom2: WE Are the Music Makers
and :mushroom2:WE Are the Dreamers of Dreams


no one truly  goes insane; for we all are already. normality to us, is insanity  to society.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: roombird]
    #14781618 -

Oh, I'll get to indulging that red tar in a few months, I have some older extractions I need to eat first.  (Whoever missed that thread, the red t-shirt I used to strain the cactus bled into my tea.)  Actually when I evaporated it down, it assumed the typical dark brown color.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: joemolloy]
    #14784949 -

how often do you use fertilizer?


--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14785118 -

I don't but I should.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: joemolloy]
    #14786194 -

Yes, definitely use fertilizer and those would grow a lot faster, fatter, and more green if you used some better soil as well. The stuff you're using looks like it came straight out of the backyard dirt pile, doesn't look like it drains well at all either.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: theMallacht]
    #14786535 -

You're right, Mallacht.  The soil in the yard is clay, and it is exactly the opposite of what the experts recommend for these plants.  But most of my cactus manage to grow over a foot a year, so while these plants may prefer other types of soil, they do thrive in clay.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: joemolloy]
    #14788364 -

than youre doing something right.. dont change a winning team, ive had great yields of marihuana by experimenting. its not always the best what others say. Do fertilize however, i think its 7-17-35 and 3 for Magnesium (first 3 are NPK : nitrous-phosphor and kalium
next year im starting a little cacti grow myself


--------------------
I am Superman, and i took this laptop. therefore the original owner is in no way responsible for my actions

Everything is OK
:heart: HOLLAND :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pups are awesome [Re: Cosmic fusio]
    #14794134 -

It's soo easy to make compost teas, you really should - you can provide your cacti with a -full spectrum- of vitamins/minerals by mixing into hot water, and feed the next day.  I was having sloow growth on my Night Blooming Cereus, and once I fed it compost/alfalfa tea it grew 1/3 of it's original height in a couple weeks.  Pereskiopsis had huge growth the day after trimming all growth off and transplanting.

What about using leaf mold with cacti?  I read that leaf mold will do WONDERS for your soil composition that compost cannot.  Even if it needs a well-draining sandy/soil, I assume it still works in a noticeable way.

Anyways, aerated (using aquarium pump constantly) tea with all organic liquid seaweed (or kelp meal), guano, blackstrap molasses, apple cider vinegar (I use unfiltered), epsom salt, garden soil, and alfalfa is what I use.  Go pick that list up, and you'll be set for awhile.  Then whenever you should, mix together into boiling water, and let sit/bubble warm for up to 24 hours. 

For smaller 1qt batches, instead of 5gallons, I've been going with this recipe:

3ml Seaweed, guano, blackstrap, garden soil
59ml alfalfa (you can get it as rabbit/hampster food at Petco)
2 ml apple cider vinegar, and epsom salt

Fill quart mason jar to 1000ml and let sit in a warm place for over 12 hours.  If not warm up to 24 hours.  Unless you can fit a bubbler into your qt. jar, then you will want to stir your jar to get oxygen to the bottom every so often.  If you held a constant bubble up the point it gets foamy, and is done, then you have 4 hours before the micro-organisms start to die.

Lots of lovely micro-organisms, a growth hormone, vitamins and minerals for your cactus.  Works for me.  Its too easy not to, for such results.

Edited by Dscid (07/19/11 06:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Composting neuro 5,658 9 11/18/12 04:43 PM
by theonlysun81
* My new pup :) Mitchnast 867 7 08/08/06 01:26 PM
by Mitchnast
* flavored composting
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,183 38 04/25/06 09:38 AM
by Taskenti
* where can i get "cacti compost" day_tripper 952 4 09/27/05 09:21 PM
by Hooty
* Hmmmm.... Upside down SP pup VirgilKane 957 4 08/27/06 04:02 PM
by VirgilKane
* White san pedro pups phalloidin 2,356 13 11/03/04 12:30 PM
by Gr0wer
* Worm Composting, INDOORS Psilocybeingzz 2,536 11 02/26/05 04:52 PM
by OOKLA
* whats wrong with this pup? satyr 910 10 07/18/08 10:17 PM
by cpw1971

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,452 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.