Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?'
    #870875 - 09/08/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone,
There is a film festival on in my town at the moment and I am going to go see 'Apocolypse Now Redux' sometime. This is the movie about the veitnam war, or, so they say, this movie IS the veitnam war...the festival guide has to say about it: "A mind blowing sensory overload of epic proportions with hallucinatory visuals....."
Has anyone seen this? I am going to see it in a theater, so it will be big and loud. I was thinking of just going with straight standard mid-dose of marijuana. Anyone suggest otherwise?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #871044 - 09/09/02 01:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

it is one hell of a movie, im sure it would be even more mind blowing on shrooms or acid.....wow, i cant imagine what that would be like, especially if you havent seen it before......my advice, its a good movie by itself...... but add some psycadelics in the mix and you are in for a real treat :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: wrestler_az]
    #871174 - 09/09/02 03:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

3 hits good cid, 5 g good shrooms
wait 15 min, start movie. smoke bowl of hash as
movie begins, save hash for later.
smoke cigar.
voila.
no more instructions nessisary, the night will write itself.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: Mitchnast]
    #871225 - 09/09/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the tips guys. I just might throw in a low-dose of cubies in there, I think it may be an interesting experience. I have never been to a film tripping before, though I have been to 'The Wizard of Oz' stage production on shrooms + acid + marijuana. Found it too intense though, ended up being totally distracted by the visuals, lauging hysterically during the parts where they clap but then not being able to stop when it went quiet again, and then totally freaking out at all the old people when they turned on the lights at half time. The funniest bit was when they were skipping down the yellow brick road, and neon blobs of colour were flying off them and the entire stage was surrounded by vibrant layers of neon pulses. Not to mention the totally INSANE audio hallucinations. Sure, it was a great night, but I think I will go for something a little less overwhelming (drug-wise) for 'Apocolypse Now'.
Anyone else have suggestions?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #871236 - 09/09/02 05:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Might pay to keep it low dose, even though the Civic is a great place to trip. Have they sorted out the air conditioner or some form of cooling in there? I was sweating buckets at the Dark Side of the Rainbow film screening and I was tripping on acid too. It kinda ruined the movie to be stuffing hot and needing to pee since I drunk lots of Powerade during the first hour.
Shit, where are you seeing this again? I just remembered that you don't live in Auckland. I'm gonna check out the screening times and check it out myself.

OfflineDexTek
Aquatic Mammal
Loc: The State of Siege
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: Sheepish]
    #873032 - 09/09/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

--------------------
"Those who are saved from their own greed shall surely be prosperous" . (Surah al-Hashr, 59:9)

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: DexTek]
    #873296 - 09/09/02 07:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,
I'm in Nelson. Its in a small single screen arts cinema / gallery called The Suter. It is actually pretty cool, they have a decent sound system and the coolest part is that the seating is really steeply teared so it kinda feels cool.
I am going to eat 5 average size cubes. I hope this isn't too much. Had 7 last Saturday and was tripping pretty hard....I think 5 will be good maybe 4. And of course a couple of tokes before I go in to chill out while the shrooms kick in. I'll let you all know how it is.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #874432 - 09/10/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

HASH. If it were my choice I wouldn't want to see Apocalypse Now on a hallucinogen like acid or mush. It's pretty violent and disturbing. If you have no hash, get twice as fried on bud as you've ever been, then go. Have fun.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #878131 - 09/11/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey peoples,
Well the film was last night. Dosed on five medium cubies (about 2.5g dry) and a few tokes of weed just before we went inside. I found it to be just the right dose. I had some marked visual disturbances about an hour into the movie, lasting about an hour (this included lots of neon rims around things in the film, audio hallucinations and also the screen becoming very 3-D like it was wrapping around / coming towards me.)
After the visual effects began to wear off the psychological effects were still going strong.
I found the film to be overall quite intense, shocking and quite violent. I found it pretty hard to follow some parts especially while I was peaking and being distracted by visual disturbances (I wasn't sure if these were actually in the movie or not, since it is pretty trippy. But my friends told me afterwards that they didn't notice any neon, musta been the shrooms). The film was overall really enjoyable and thought provoking. I had cool conversations afterwards with my friend who I had also given shrooms.
Lots of stuff in that film is totally off the wall and surreal. I think even though it is violent and shocking and cruel, it is still a good tripping movie, just because of its overall intensity. I didn't quite understand why there was so many fireworks in the jungle though :wink: But yeah I had a great time and really enjoyed the movie overall, though I do think that they must have taken quite a lot of 'artistic licence' so I didn't take it all totally literally.
I loved that line when they're all in the boat lookin pretty dazed, and then one of the dudes is like "Uh, ya know that last tab of acid I was saving? I dropped it" and from then on most of the guys were really vacant and had totally dilated pupils as they went round killing stuff...it was totally fucked. 

Edited by Peace_Patrol (09/11/02 01:15 PM)

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
    #881060 - 09/12/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Agent Orange. :tongue:

weed seems approriate.

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

InvisibleUrb
Last Man Standing
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: Penguin]
    #1466380 - 04/17/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Run out & get a gallon of gas & huff , huff away!

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: Urb]
    #1466556 - 04/17/03 08:07 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Why spoile fun loving good vibes to watch a film of death. This makes no sense.

Eat some a id like Matrtin Sheen does in the movie and then go out and kill all the dogs and cats you see on the street.

I knew a girl who got four years in prison. She and 6 other peopple were all high on acid when her boyfriend came and shot all of them dead. The kid got life and she went to prison just for being there. Think anbout how horrible that would be to happen to someone like you. High on acid, watching Apocalpyse Now and then going out and doingi it.

mj Eat some beans.

The food kind that is.

Anonymous

Re: Suggested drug for watching 'Apocolypse Now?' [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1475652 - 04/20/03 04:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you lost me this time man :wink:

Anonymous

#1475660 - 04/20/03 04:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

On my first LSD trip with 2 friends, we watched Apocalypse Now on DVD. It was pretty intense, none of us had seen it before. I remember thinking how awesome the drug and movie feeling complemented each other. The helicopter raid scene and jungle tiger scene were awesome.

I watched it recently on a dose of 2.5g cubensis. The scenery was absolutely beautiful, the nature formed into itself before my eyes. The latter part of the movie was pretty rough though, so I turned it off.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom