Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Thinking about joining navy
    #14706342 -

Talking to my uncle about all the benefits. Training. Pay. And jobs when your out

I think in my point of life right now this might be a great idea. Barely making it right now.

Any expiernce of thoughts? Good or bad say anything


--------------------
:lsdabc:
:cactuar::sanpedro::cactuar:
:marioshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706387 -

I have a buddy who was in the navy. Says he spent a lot of time smoking weed on the ship heh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706389 -

L-Shroom-D said:
Talking to my uncle about all the benefits. Training. Pay. And jobs when your out

I think in my point of life right now this might be a great idea. Barely making it right now.

Any expiernce of thoughts? Good or bad say anything



You might get a lot of negative replies on this website, I know I have. But that shouldnt sway your oppinion. dont worry about other peoples values. You know what you want. If you want it, do it.

I am joining the Navy too. I have processed through meps and my eye waiver for Lasik eye surgery was just approved! Soon I will have to take a Fitness test so that I can qualify for Aviation Rescue Swimmer. The fitness test is easy shit, so I dont think it will be a problem.

The Navy, these days, does not pay too well. I mean, they barely offer any signing bonuses and if you enter as an E-1 you will not make too much. But you have to realize you dont need to pay for food or housing, you have insurance, a steady job, and an opportunity to work up to better rank. When you are enlisted you can go to college for free. Which is a BIG plus. Anybody should take advantage of that.

I am joining as an E-3 because I have a bachelors degree. On Scene Swimmers can not be officers and so I decided to skip out on the officer candidate school for now. I would rather do something first and then become an officer later. Aviation Rescue Swimmer offers 15,000 dollar signing bonus and hazardous duty pay. Even the SEAL's only offer 15,000-20,000 signing bonus. When the jobs were in demand the bonus was higher. These signing bonus's used to be 40-50,000.

If you ask for my oppinion I would say do it. The navy is a great opportunity. The truth is that you can get your college paid for, possibly do some fun shit, and of course your resume will be 10x greater because of your service.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706397 -

My thoughts exactly xul! Great post. I was going to see if it was possible to join as a e2

College is a huge plus since i cant offord it right now.. really the only thing stopping me is my friends and family and my pot;)

But i think this may open a lot of doors for me


--------------------
:lsdabc:
:cactuar::sanpedro::cactuar:
:marioshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706420 -

Do you have any idea of what you might like to do in the Navy?

Are you physically fit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706442 -

About 10 lbs away from perfect shape. But i would like to do bomb squads something around there. What you want to do?


--------------------
:lsdabc:
:cactuar::sanpedro::cactuar:
:marioshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706451 -

very relevant:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706461 -

L-Shroom-D said:
About 10 lbs away from perfect shape. But i would like to do bomb squads something around there. What you want to do?



Me? Aviation Rescue Swimmer. I am an amazing swimmer and I am in awsome shape!

EOD Bomb squad. Thats a pretty interesting choice. You will get a signing bonus for that. Probably 15-20,000. You get paid in installments. I saw some pictures of the EOD bomb squad. It seems they travel on land over in the war zone and diffuse all kinds of bombs. I dont know if they work underwater or not. As far as special operations goes I know that there is Navy Seals, Aviation Rescue Swimmer, EOD bomb squad, and Navy Diver. I know that one of those or maybe even several of them are responsible for underwater bomb disposal. Underwater mines.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706490 -

Yeah plus hazered pay. I want some type of action.

No one in fuck could i make the navy seals for how awesome that be


--------------------
:lsdabc:
:cactuar::sanpedro::cactuar:
:marioshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706557 -

Quote:
XUL said:

I am joining as an E-3 because I have a bachelors degree. On Scene Swimmers can not be officers and so I decided to skip out on the officer candidate school for now. I would rather do something first and then become an officer later. Aviation Rescue Swimmer offers 15,000 dollar signing bonus and hazardous duty pay. Even the SEAL's only offer 15,000-20,000 signing bonus. When the jobs were in demand the bonus was higher. These signing bonus's used to be 40-50,000.




Dunno about that. My friend entered the navy with no education after 12th grade and started out at E-3. He also enlisted at the height of the Iraq/ Afghanistan war when demand was the highest and only got a 10,000 sign on bonus. I don't know where the fuck you got the 40-50,000 figure from. That's more than 90% of enlisted make in a year, even with combat pay.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: L-Shroom-D]
    #14706562 -

L-Shroom-D said:
Yeah plus hazered pay. I want some type of action.

No one in fuck could i make the navy seals for how awesome that be




The only reason you cant make it is beause you have a mental block.

If you think you can, then you will. Alot the Seal training depends on your effort. If you are doing pullups and you cant get the last 5. They will make you sit there and hang on the bar and try to get the last 5 until you are about ready to pass out from the burn/exaustion. In a situation like that you have two choices. Either drop off the bar and walk away. Or keep trying. Hang there and keep pulling. If you fall off, jump back on and pull. It is that kind of effort that the Seals want. They want to know your in it no matter how bad it gets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706640 -

my drug dealer was a sniper in the navy he's 54 he says most veterans smoke weed to numb the memories and sell drugs to get by these days

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: daiy]
    #14706645 -

daiy said:
I have a buddy who was in the navy. Says he spent a lot of time smoking weed on the ship heh.



how long ago was this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: JesusGoneRogue]
    #14706652 -

One would think it would be hard to get away with smoking bud on a US navy ship... but who knows :lol:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #14706674 -

WakeboardrB said:
I don't know where the fuck you got the 40-50,000 figure from. That's more than 90% of enlisted make in a year, even with combat pay.




old signing scale as he stated, my re enlistment bonus was $35,000, the
original signing bonus was $27,000 and that was more than 20 years ago,
the current job market has a lot of new enlistments

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #14706709 -

Prisoner#1 said:
WakeboardrB said:
I don't know where the fuck you got the 40-50,000 figure from. That's more than 90% of enlisted make in a year, even with combat pay.




old signing scale as he stated, my re enlistment bonus was $35,000, the
original signing bonus was $27,000 and that was more than 20 years ago,
the current job market has a lot of new enlistments



Im talking about bonuses for Navy Seals, EOD, Navy Diver. Not a standard seaman. And that was during the heat of the war in Iraq. Currently everybody is flocking to the millitary for jobs so the bonuses are way smaller.

The 40,000 was a common recruiting tool. I cant recall how many times I walked into a recruiting office and the recruiter would say. You look fit, Can you swim? Yes. Do you want to make 40,000 dollars? Yes. Would you consider being a Navy Seal?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706715 -

the question you really need to ask yourself is; Do you like dick?


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: snoot]
    #14706729 -

snoot said:
the question you really need to ask yourself is; Do you like dick?




I like my own dick yea. I play with it alot.

This is not my thread. But my reason for joining is because I want some quality action. I love firefighting and so I want to step it up a notch and be a rescue swimmer.

Who needs pussy when your jumping out of a helicopter into a stormy ocean. Fuck yea. If I make it out alive there will be plenty of pussy to come. Plus, like I said, its free education! I want another degree so this is perfect for me. Kinesiology.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14706744 -

XUL said:
snoot said:
the question you really need to ask yourself is; Do you like dick?




I like my own dick yea. I play with it alot.

This is not my thread. But my reason for joining is because I want some quality action. I love firefighting and so I want to step it up a notch and be a rescue swimmer.

Who needs pussy when your jumping out of a helicopter into a stormy ocean. Fuck yea. If I make it out alive there will be plenty of pussy to come. Plus, like I said, its free education! I want another degree so this is perfect for me. Kinesiology.




right on meng:boobs:


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about joining navy [Re: XUL]
    #14707664 -

XUL said:
snoot said:
the question you really need to ask yourself is; Do you like dick?




I like my own dick yea. I play with it alot.

This is not my thread. But my reason for joining is because I want some quality action. I love firefighting and so I want to step it up a notch and be a rescue swimmer.

Who needs pussy when your jumping out of a helicopter into a stormy ocean. Fuck yea. If I make it out alive there will be plenty of pussy to come. Plus, like I said, its free education! I want another degree so this is perfect for me. Kinesiology.



Not quite as exciting, but my uncle was a Fire/ Rescue Marshall in the airforce back in the late 70's. He saved a lot of pilots when they fucked up their landing.

Later on that led to a job as Fire Chief for BP (I know) in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. He works 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and they fly him up there from Anchorage. He makes around $250k a year.

But FUCK, -40F temperatures, no amount of money could lure me into a job like that.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tempted to enlist!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Larrythescaryrex 5,378 60 02/10/03 10:55 AM
by Adamist
* Considering major change to Kinesiology...your advice please? *DELETED* LighterOfDoobies 288 3 11/04/11 04:24 PM
by trampis
* Navy Seal Dolphins!
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 4,565 21 01/11/03 02:47 PM
by Papaver
* The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after?
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 1,036 44 03/29/18 07:55 AM
by Bill_Oreilly
* I think I'm fucked.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,888 44 02/21/03 09:13 AM
by baraka
* Zetatalk - What do you think? adrug 1,568 12 04/14/03 07:20 PM
by Dogomush
* what do you think of Mcdonalds?
( 1 2 all )
metalchimp 6,226 28 04/08/03 01:24 PM
by HidingInPlainSight
* thinking of getting some of my art printed... Smack31 2,443 16 06/21/22 12:08 AM
by gamergod88

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,590 topic views. 5 members, 22 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.