Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #25096076 - 03/27/18 11:27 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Just die and surrender to whatever it will be?  Why waste your time in life on such shite?  All new people in 100 years, like that from a book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Barnaby]
    #25096087 - 03/27/18 11:29 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

I look at old photos and think, all these people are dead.  And they are at the height of civilization in health and consciousness, fashion, and so on at the time.  I just don't give a shit anymore about wasting my time on the trivial.  I was born and I know what for with a lot of choices to be made.  Whatever.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Asante]
    #25096282 - 03/28/18 02:38 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

I'll probably die from disease, age, or random (probably car) accident.

I imagine the experience itself will be a lot like high dose ego death on mushrooms in that it'll involve the complete obliteration of the self, total loss of identity, total loss of control, etc. The only way I think that it'll be different is that it'll probably be quite sedative whereas mushrooms are in your face about it. I imagine in the end it will be like entering into something deeper and more profound than dreamless sleep, a kind of total obliteration and loss of all self and conciousness.

Afterwards, who knows. Maybe consciousness survives, but personality dies with the brain, and so does memory, intellect, knowledge, so really nothing of the self survives. So in that sense it doesn't really matter if consciousness pure and abstract survives if in every meaningful way whatever makes up "me" does not survive. "I" and whatever makes "me" who I am will be totally obliterated and destroyed forever in every meaningful sense by death.

I've already experienced the total annihilation of the self with mushrooms, so I don't find total annihilation to be such a far fetched or crazy concept, nor do I find it overly frightening in a certain sense having already had some experience with it.

InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #25096324 - 03/28/18 03:53 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Canadian Jesus said: I've had a visitation from my dead grandma when I was in a mental hospital

Sounds 100% legit

Unfortunately, there seems to be no good reason, whatsoever, to suspect that consciousness can survive death, and plenty of very good reasons to suspect it can't. Consciousness is almost certainly an emergent property of the brain

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25096483 - 03/28/18 07:10 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

XLCaps said:
I think I’ve lived half my life. I’ll live old enough to pass my wisdoms and outlook on life to my kids, have some real fun with them. I don’t think I’m meant to get old, not in this life. I can’t see why I’d need to, in a karmic sense. .

I really like this. I feel exactly the same, sans the kids part.

I really hope to go out in a ball of flames (preferably on my motorbike) and to die like I lived - breaking the law every step of the way. I'll euthanize myself if I get terminal before then. I wanna go in the ground without a box too, which is also illegal - so I can stay dead like I lived too (I got a few people looking out for me on that one).

As for the three stages mentioned in the title of this thread, I expect this:

Fear -> Acceptance -> Peace.

Seems natural to me. I feel damn well that, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, I'm ready to go right now - so if there's some 'life flashing before the eyes' type shit that goes on, I'll be perfectly content that I did the best I could with my time here.

LOL @ the ground w/ no box. As morbid as it is, the thought has occurred to me more than once, “How do I dig a hole I can fill and die in?” Cue philosoraptor. Maybe if I get old I can just bring a bunch of raw meat out into the woods to attract predators. I’d be compost in a few days. If there are two things that freak me out about the next life, it’s what happens to my body. You don’t decompose properly in a box, stuffed with formaldehyde. They also burn bodies pretty quickly, if that’s the case. Imagine being in some way still attached to your earth body until it’s completely gone. Yes, cremation here I come. :uhoh:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Canadian Jesus] * 2
    #25096495 - 03/28/18 07:18 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Canadian Jesus said:
I've had a visitation from my dead grandma when I was in a mental hospital

Same thing happened to me at my first first psych ward stint. this lady walks in looking just like my dead grandmother but the odd thing was..she was literally the funniest person i ever met. Every word that came out of her mouth made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. I think she came to cheer me up. But my god...i never knew anyone could be that utterly hilarious.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #25096498 - 03/28/18 07:19 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I had a DMT trip once where I hung out with my deceased grandma while she made me cookies.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #25096503 - 03/28/18 07:21 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
I had a DMT trip once where I hung out with my deceased grandma while she made me cookies.

Were they kiebler elf cookies?

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25096516 - 03/28/18 07:30 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

She never got to finish making them, I had to leave. Everything devolved into those little LEDs and I became a floating consciousness swirling around the kitchen while she mixed her cookies and smiled at me like a proud, happy parents does. Like she was just happy to see me and watch me play. I never had any trip like that again.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: larry.fisherman] * 1
    #25096518 - 03/28/18 07:32 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
You don’t decompose properly in a box, stuffed with formaldehyde.

That's why straight dirt is so appealing; want all these nutrients to go straight back to the earth, all nice and organic like.

Sky Burial?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #25096524 - 03/28/18 07:36 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Fear
Pain
???
Profit

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Asante]
    #25096537 - 03/28/18 07:49 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Before...I'll have a rising sense of panic. I have actually been here, before - the moments leading up to death. When I had my stroke I was written off as brain-dead. It's hard to remember - memories aren't formed when the brain is dying - but I do retain some of it. The panic I have felt before, so it is expected. This does little to lessen the feeling of it, when it comes. This part is actually not unlike my experiences with salvia breakthroughs, with pretty much the same kind of panic felt in both, except that during my stroke I was fully conscious going into it. The panic is due to having something about reality that I normally ignore shoved in my face by someone. It builds to a crescendo and...

During...I think everything will get quieter, a slow fade to black as the world literally collapses around me. I may have seen a glimpse of this...I know that there is no more panic, or emotion of any kind. Or thought, really. I think that the last thing to go from us is the sense of being a physical being. Again, I think this phase is remarkably similar to a full breakthrough on salvia. I get the same kind of feeling afterwards, when I try to think about or remember the event. I have a sense of a great amount of time passing in this state, but also the awareness of not much time actually passing, when compared to outside observers. I obviously don't truly know the depths of this, because I'm still here :smirk:

After...I'll let you know when I get there :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offline2Dot
 User Gallery

Loc: Half Step Away
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: trendal] * 1
    #25096622 - 03/28/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Its gonna be a wild ride, hang on and let go.:grin:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: 2Dot] * 1
    #25096691 - 03/28/18 09:40 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I've seen videos of people who had nde's and they were all very positive except for one. I figure there are about 3 days right after death when you are forced to review your life, every single moment. You judge yourself, no one else judges you. Then you are in the after life. Eventually you decide to come back maybe here or someplace else

I practice meditations in which I release my body, my mind, thoughts, feelings and life. I release all possessions and all people I have ever known. I do this regularly it helps you to release attachment to things. Through meditating on your higher self you realize you are not your mind, or body, etc. You are consciousness.

We have all lived many times. I lived a full life already and have no worries about when I go. If I'm terminal and in pain I will take a massive od on h, after having abused it a while, lol.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #25096927 - 03/28/18 10:59 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I would think: Shit, this is it. Its time.

Next, I would reflect on my life up to that point. All the most important memories, most meanfuling memories and ask myself "Am I happy with how far Ive come? What Ive accomplished?". Then likely reflect on my failed dreams and the dirty road of regret.

Then my last thought before dieing would be "Its finally happening. About to see the Other Side. Ive been waiting for this moment my whole life. Here. We. Go."

At that point, my soul transforms into a pure point of light, some kind of being made of light. My body of light is transported to some kind of abstract afterlife world where billions of souls "live". I swim around with the other souls and merge with some kind of galactic divine energy and become Oneness with this energy but also aware of my own light-energy body.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25097223 - 03/28/18 12:53 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I think it will be like a level 5 salvia trip blastoff. That moment when everything turns in on itself and eternity becomes reality. Then nothing

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: The Moment of Your Death - what do you think it will be like before, during and after? [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #25098310 - 03/28/18 09:09 PM (6 years, 1 day ago)

No, I wasn't actually visited by a physical entity of my deceased grandmother while in the hospital. It was in a dream. I believe it's possible for the dead to contact you while in a deep sleep state when your body is completely inactive and all that's active is your consciousness.

And she was a very devout Christian. She died very slowly of a terribly painful cancer. Yet, she had no fear of death and welcomed it when it was near. She was given fentanyl patches for when she was allowed out of the hospital to visit family in her own home and for her last Christmas. While she was in the hospital they had her constantly hooked up to a supply of diacetylmorphine (yes, pharmaceutical grade heroin). She was pretty out of it, and didn't know who I was until I spoke to her the few times I visited her in her hospital. She hated the sedation and what it did to her cognitive functions. She accepted it because she knew it was the only way to have some semblance of comfort in her state. She was head nurse at that hospital for nearly her entire adult life. I even got to meet a nurse working there who was there when I was born in that hospital myself.

Sadly my grandpa was never the same man after she passed. He started abusing his pain meds for the two years he lived longer than her. His sons constantly gave him shit for taking up the bottle again, yet he never drank that entire time. They thought he was doing it in secret and destroying the bottles.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

InvisibleApples in Mono
Not a puppet

#25098537 - 03/29/18 12:40 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

What is it that makes you think this was an actual spirit entering into your dream space, and not simply a fabrication of your dreaming mind?

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#25098620 - 03/29/18 01:56 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

Asante - how do you feel your Karmic scale is tipped? And also, do you feel that talking about it has an impact on its balance?

Also - I happen to 'Feel' in my gut a very similar outcome to what you have expressed. Something tells me this is not the first go around, and likely not the last, or that there will ever even be a last. Human consciousness is so good at being singular - rather than thinking of massive conscious awareness. The entire universe flowing in and out of various states as one whole entity. Once you start to even scratch the surface of what that means to your own human mind - you realize just how impactful it can be - just how beautiful and incredibly frightening it is. But something tells me not to worry. And not knowing the true answer, the best I can do is listen to my heart, and to what I believe is a higher power.

As far as I know, I didn't ask to be here - and am still not sure if I would ask to come back or not, if given the choice. I guess that is something I hope for - is that if a spirit, as you say, finally concludes its life experience here, it is given the option to go out forever, and never feel conscious life again - or come back, and give it another go. For all we know, we are a bunch of spirits that choose to keep coming back.

I used to think that maybe we dont choose our lives - maybe we work our way up from that grain of sand on mars, and who knows where human life even falls on that journey. But I think its more of a constant process. We split from our consciousness in the form of exhaled breath, shed skin, death, etc... and merge with other things - constantly, forming whatever conscious bonds are permitted by the laws of our universe. Eventually that will become understanding consciousness again, if not now, millions, billions, trillions, of years from now - I dont think it will matter how long it takes. You dont know it until youre in it, and the universe, being the giant recycling plant that it is, will look just as fascinating. Much like you said, you just wake up again. doesnt matter how long the time was inbetween for that to happen.

The moment of my death - I hope I am surrounded by loved ones, and am able to share with them how much they meant to me. I also hope it is a long, long time from now.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#25098634 - 03/29/18 02:18 AM (6 years, 1 day ago)

I feel like I am a part of the universe, not a part from it. For some reason this tune rings the bell when thinking of passing.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale