Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWhoWhatWhen
Stranger
question about outdoor cultivation
    #1461982 - 04/15/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hey all what are the ods that I where to take a spore-syringe an put it in to my well kept flower bed/wood chips, an that I would get some mycilum growth??? An if  so how long tell I would see something. Could some one point me in the direction, just want to try some new stuff :smile: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: question about outdoor cultivation [Re: WhoWhatWhen]
    #1462074 - 04/15/03 11:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My friend calculates the odds at around 100,000 to 1.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: question about outdoor cultivation [Re: dog]
    #1462082 - 04/15/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The dog is right. Some grain spawn mixed in with some manure and straw outside however...

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineHillBilly
backwoods

Loc: wild n wonderful
Re: question about outdoor cultivation [Re: z@z.com]
    #1462306 - 04/16/03 12:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

what would you have to do to prepare the straw and poo for outside use....the same thing for indoor use? and can anyone find me a link to i think its hippies outdoor tek im having trouble with the search feature

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: question about outdoor cultivation [Re: HillBilly]
    #1462320 - 04/16/03 12:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineHillBilly
backwoods

#1462328 - 04/16/03 12:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the help        i appreciate it :smile:   

OfflineHillBilly
backwoods

#1462335 - 04/16/03 12:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

also im sure it would probably be better to spawn with grain such as wbs or popcorn but im not sure when ill be able to get a pc or get my friends mothers pc fixed (its an oldstyle one and the gasket thing is fucked up) so do you think it would be better to go ahead with brf/verm cakes to spawn outdoor or to wait until whenever i can get a pc and use grains

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1462358 - 04/16/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

BRF cakes will work just fine.

--------------------

OfflineHillBilly
backwoods

#1462367 - 04/16/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thanks what i really meant to ask though is there a benefit to using grain (other than possibly quicker colonization times of the substrate) for outdoor cultivation or does it really not matter at all

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1462486 - 04/16/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No real benifit per say to using grain as spawn.

--------------------

OfflineHillBilly
backwoods

#1462490 - 04/16/03 01:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thanks 5 boomers for you i greatly appreciate you answering my questions

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: question about outdoor cultivation [Re: WhoWhatWhen]
    #1462702 - 04/16/03 02:36 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Depends on the species, temperatures etc.

If it's a woodlover, and temps are cold, chances are average. You may have to wait months, and you should also prepare your substrate better.

There's a whole FAQ on outdoor cultivation somewhere on the shroomery's main site.

Once I simply mixed up a whole heap of old mushroom caps in a big bag of cow poo and dumped in my backyard. Shrooms grew there just fine, mind you - it took time and the temperature was right etc. This really shocked me, but I've posted photos on here (about a year and half ago) to prove it.

Another time, I've had colonized cakes get slightly contaminated, so I've dug a shallow ditch and crumbled them onto damp vermiculite, then covered with and inch or so of vermiculite and potting soil. Shrooms grew there just fine too - no sign of contamination.

For some reason,contamination just doesn't seem to be a problem outdoors.  :confused:

Just goes to show, it's really not as complex as some people like to believe it is.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/16/03 02:37 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation