Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: A History of the Herbens B+ strain
    #14604 - 04/27/00 03:54 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Lana,

i knew someone who used the stem of a huge hollow B+ to make a smoking chillum!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesonichell
journeyman
    #14606 - 04/27/00 06:15 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

All of the cubensis are supposed to have hollow stems, not just B+ the hollowness probably has to do with how fast they grew or other factors, but i have noticed some of the same strains will be more hollow then the next, just individual variances. You might ask TheHawkseye about b+ i think he knows some about it, or Workman too. I thought it was a mutant or something like that but who knows, i have had them a few times and they were quite nice.

Anonymous

#14607 - 04/27/00 07:43 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I have never actually to this day grown a B+, YET, but I have a friend who is in the mycelial (is that even a word?) stage of growing them. From his observations, the B+ is pretty slow to colonize (12 days and about 1/4 colonized at 75-80 degrees in the dark...it might grow faster if the jars were at 85 or slightly above, but his opinion of it is based on these temps as standard for him.)

There is a bit of history of it (if you can call it that at http://www.fanaticus.com/museum.htm . Just scroll down to B+ and take a look. It's interesting that PF compares it to the Golden Teacher or PES. Check it out.

Seeya

InvisibleLuciferX
ape

#14608 - 04/28/00 10:00 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I was under the impression that this strain orignated from the infamous "mr G." from FMF. He clained it was an azure/cubesis hybrid. I dont think it is but thats just my opinion. i believe that workman and ryche are well versed in this subject. maybe one of them could chime in to clear this up.

8I

------------------
-LuciferX-

"What if this world is another worlds hell?"
-Aldous Huxley

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Offline3Mshroom
old hand

#14609 - 04/27/00 11:01 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Psilowiz, your friends experience seems a bit off to me. This strain usually rips through the substrate for me. My record is 11 days for a pint jar at around 85 degrees. The key that I have found with these shrooms is to avoid compressing the substrate in any way. A little bit of compression and these will slow right down to a crawl. If your friend has no contams slowing things down then I suspect that this is what has happened.
3M

------------------
Be sure to check out www.3mshrooms.homestead.com for your spore needs

--------------------
Corruptissima republicae, plurimae leges
Illegitumus non carborundum

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #14610 - 04/28/00 12:04 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

URL]

[This message has been edited by Psychonaut (edited January 10, 2001).]

--------------------
FungusFun.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#14611 - 04/28/00 12:25 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah.. the B+ originated from a guy named Mr. G. It has so much controversy surrounding it for so long because originally Mr. G sold it as a cub/azure hybrid. He was doing a lot of work with colocerine (spelling) at the time and was convinced he had genetically created a cub/azure hybrid.

A while back I broke out some spores he sent me that had the "full bandwidth" of gene pool for his hybrid theory, he said it would be like no other B+ anybody had out there and wanted me to hang on to the spores for back up.
Well, I grew them out eventually, and sure enough they grew some broadly umbonate caps resembling azures, but none the less, still just a unique cubensis.
Take a look at the pics of those mushrooms from that thread. http://www.shroomery.org/ubbnoncgi/Forum2/HTML/009280.html

An additional note on the B+, it is by far the most versative cubensis I've ever seen. It grows well and fruits in very cold temps of as I've had it fruit several times in 45F temps, and it even colonizes and fruits on alder would rather easily. It seems to do very well on a variety of substrates and temps. A very unique mushroom indeed.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #14612 - 04/28/00 05:00 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Ryche its good to see you are still hanging around these parts bro.

Anonymous

#14613 - 04/29/00 10:27 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys! It's good to be back, I finally got another computer!

My research a while back indicated that the B+ is sold by several dealers under several names. The B+, the PES Hybrid, Golden Teacher, Pacific Hybrid...I'm convinced they are all the same.

It's a great shroom by whatever name you want to call it!

------------------
Visit the Captains Spore Lab at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/4448/spores.htm

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #14614 - 05/01/00 06:02 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the info :wink:

I've been very busy lately and haven't been online very much!

THANKS!!

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Anonymous

#14615 - 05/02/00 10:11 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey hey, speaking of Captain Max, I ordered 2 B+ syringes from him about 6 or 7 months ago and I just innoculated my jars with one of them about 9 days ago. Things are looking great, nice colonization.

B+ is a really great strain, and you should give Captain Max your business if you want some because he won't screw you over, he'll get it to you fast and the spores'll be good and healthy.

------------------
-`~Psilo Cyber-`~

An open mind is the key that opens the door to the land of knowledge.

*Make $60 a month at my site. Check it out.* Visit my site

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom