Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCheeseBurgler
Lurker Aficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: i ain't tellin you NUFFIN...
basement mushrooms. looks like tortillini (PICS!, duh)
    #14598743 - 06/12/11 12:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey guys, this is my first post in the mushroom identification area; figured i'd stroll on over from the cultivation threads when i found these bad boys growing in my basement.

its at the landing, where the astro-turf/shitty burbur-like carpet meets the concrete, just as you open the door. it is very moist there (due to stupid leaky walls), and our cats' litter box is right there too. it stays around 70ish in the basement, with plenty of ac runnin. this situation is in ohio, maybe that'll help.

notice how they are round, with their caps curving up instead of down. and their crazy fleshy color.

and, of course, i let them grow.

i'll keep you guys posted over the next couple weeks, but i'd kinda like to know what they are. then, of course, i would like to know how to get a spore print.

thanks in advance, for what ever you have to offer.

Edited by CheeseBurgler (06/12/11 12:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
Re: basement mushrooms. looks like tortillini (PICS!, duh) [Re: CheeseBurgler]
    #14598747 - 06/12/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Peziza domiciliana

--------------------

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Re: basement mushrooms. looks like tortillini (PICS!, duh) [Re: LuckOfTheFryish]
    #14598754 - 06/12/11 12:10 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

and about the print...they are weird...when they are ready any slight movement makes them shoot a puff of spores out from the middle of them.

--------------------

OfflineCheeseBurgler
Lurker Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: basement mushrooms. looks like tortillini (PICS!, duh) [Re: LuckOfTheFryish]
    #14598793 - 06/12/11 12:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

wow Fryish, thanks for a speedy response! good welcoming to a different area of the same site!

after a google search, there are A BILLION picture of these guys, in all different shapes and situations. oh, and alot of people bitching about them; how dare they.

as far as intention recreation (seeings how thats what I'M in to), do you have any suggestions? like, is there a sign as to when they will be ready (color change, etc)? do you think agar could be an option?

and, did i post this okay? i read the "Proper posting instructions" and i just hope it was right. that shits annoying!

--------------------

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #14598801 - 06/12/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LuckOfTheFryish said:
and about the print...they are weird...when they are ready any slight movement makes them shoot a puff of spores out from the middle of them.

I am like that too sometimes.  :lol:

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

#14598813 - 06/12/11 12:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah your post was fine and the pics were good. as for the other questions...whatcha mean? you gonna try to cultivate them or something?

and if you wanna try to see just let them get a big bigger then give them a good flick and they should let out a puff. its pretty cool looking.

and no problemo man, glad i could help!

--------------------

OfflineCheeseBurgler
Lurker Aficionado
 User Gallery

#14598871 - 06/12/11 12:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ooops, re-creation and recreation are almost the same word. i would love to grow them intentionally...expand my horizons.

i have a handful of grows under my belt, and i've been moving on to making my own MS and LC, etc.

with that in mind, when i say this, i was like, "i NEED some of that in my fruitng chamber!" as its understood, its not about the "wow man, im tripping so hard", its about having a hobby and doing new stuff tha you enjoy. i'd really like to add this to my repertoire.

(i understand they are non edible. the above reference was to make a point, not to insinuate i was gonna eat them.)

im gonna flick them for sure!

--------------------

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

#14598883 - 06/12/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well if you wanna grow them just keep it warm dark and dank in your basement hahah theyll keep growing :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineCheeseBurgler
Lurker Aficionado
 User Gallery

#14598896 - 06/12/11 12:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LuckOfTheFryish said:
well if you wanna grow them just keep it warm dark and dank in your basement hahah theyll keep growing :tongue:

nice! thanks a ton again, i really enjoyed coming to this side of the site; lots of cool, and very unusual stuff to look at.

if your ever in the cultivation neck of the woods, hit me up and we can figure out whats goin on with your pf cakes and rye berries!

5+ jus cuz ya awesome

--------------------

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

#14598913 - 06/12/11 12:43 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

all in a days work my good man. i havent done much in the cultivation field although i have been thinking about giving it a go. starting out with something easier like cubes, but we'll see.

thanks man!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder