Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
truffle cultivation
    #14564030 - 06/05/11 10:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuber_magnatum

data

$1500/kg

inoculated trees lasts 10 years to start production.

why not to start a colaborative effort for develop a better technique?

somebody have spores/mycelium?

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Edited by x7x_x7x (11/26/16 12:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChronicSmoke
wanderer
Male

Loc: On the Moon
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: x7x_x7x]
    #14566219 - 06/05/11 07:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Who has truffle spores?

--------------------
This is a public computer, 1,000's of people use it everyday this isn't me typing this.  I dont even know how I got on this site, how the hell do I even work this computer.:wow: 

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: ChronicSmoke]
    #14566910 - 06/05/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14566917 - 06/05/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineChronicSmoke
wanderer
Male

Loc: On the Moon
    #14568451 - 06/06/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dude lets make some fucking money, I really like this idea.

If these trees are the key to truffles why are there not more truffle fields going up?

I mean if you find the right investors, put together a good presentation this cant lose.

--------------------
This is a public computer, 1,000's of people use it everyday this isn't me typing this.  I dont even know how I got on this site, how the hell do I even work this computer.:wow: 

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: ChronicSmoke]
    #14568578 - 06/06/11 09:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the key would be to grow the mushrooms without the tree, in an artificial susbtrate. truffles take 10 years in grow. :frown:

Edited by x7x_x7x (11/26/16 12:51 PM)

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: x7x_x7x] * 1
    #14574009 - 06/07/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

PLus most trees that are inoculated dont produce truffles. in GGMM stamets writes that out of all the companies in the U.S. to try truffle production the only ones that are profitable are the ones selling the trees.

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: deadmandave]
    #14574712 - 06/07/11 02:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

it is possible to make a living growing truffles but you need patience and cash for a long term investment some people have only gotten truffles after 12 years growing in New Zealand and places like that.

Read books by Ian Hall he has a fair amount of useful info in his books.

we are so far from understanding the process involved in truffle cultivation that i would guess that artificial cultivation is at least 20 years away.  I hope we never get it right so that some things are always a mystery :grin:

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

InvisibleSporeFarmer
Work In Progress...Learning Much
 User Gallery

Loc: MI
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: solumvita]
    #15506705 - 12/12/11 07:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

solumvita said:
it is possible to make a living growing truffles but you need patience and cash for a long term investment some people have only gotten truffles after 12 years growing in New Zealand and places like that.

Read books by Ian Hall he has a fair amount of useful info in his books.

we are so far from understanding the process involved in truffle cultivation that i would guess that artificial cultivation is at least 20 years away.  I hope we never get it right so that some things are always a mystery :grin:

No joke..I worked on an indoor truffle tree project for two years before giving up.  I applied hydroponics technology to tweek the grow techniques and had wonderful plants, but no fruiting bodies...it is a long and serious outdoor time/money investment.

--------------------

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: truffle cultivation [Re: SporeFarmer]
    #15513424 - 12/13/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting sporefarmer, how were the truffles introduced to the plants and what type of plants were you growing?

InvisibleSporeFarmer
 User Gallery

Re: truffle cultivation [Re: deadmandave]
    #15514156 - 12/14/11 05:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hazelnut trees and rockrose bushes.  Hazelnuts tend to grow faster than oaks, so we chose them.  We inoculated using a variation of the 'lucky dip' method.  Tuber Mel. spores were extracted from fresh truffles by drying and warming the fruiting bodies in the oven...and then added to water and added to a recirculating dwc (deep water culture) hydroponics system.

--------------------

OfflineMycelio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Berlin Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #15514510 - 12/14/11 08:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good ideas, though heating the truffles in the oven sounds dangerous.
Did you add lime to the substrate to raise PH?
Did you check the roots for signs of mycorrhiza, like short and fat parts?

Carsten

InvisibleSheikCorp
Stranger

#15514530 - 12/14/11 08:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is heating the truffles stimulating some sort of releasing mechanism?  Do they use brush fires in nature to facilitate this?

InvisibleSporeFarmer
 User Gallery

Re: truffle cultivation [Re: Mycelio]
    #15514544 - 12/14/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mycelio said:
Good ideas, though heating the truffles in the oven sounds dangerous.
Did you add lime to the substrate to raise PH?
Did you check the roots for signs of mycorrhiza, like short and fat parts?

Carsten

Yes they produce hyphae (the fat, short, yellow nodule like growths that transform the white root structure).  No lime was added as there is no substrate.  They were grown in bubbling buckets of water, as a pure hydroponics grow, versus a soilless media such as coco fiber or alike.  If you are referring to growing spores on a substrate, truffles do not grow on nutrient rich media, and only form symbiotic relationships with certain species of plant/tree.  They are ectomycorrhizal symbioses with the roots of usually oak, hazelnut, or other similar tree species.  Heating the truffles was only to dry them.  I cut and pasted my old 'truffle tree notes' below.  Hopefully it will help someone one day.

Growing Conditions:

pH 7-8.5 with 7.9 being ideal
-----------------------------------
Necessary Nutrients:

macro elements:  N, P, K, Mg
- micro elements: B, CU, Mn, Zn
- C/N ratio
-------------------

Inoculation methods:

1.) Inoculation by contact with mycorrhizal roots

Root pieces from a "mother plant" can be placed in contact with the roots of a young seedling during potting. Alternatively, the entire "mother plant" can be planted in a container surrounded by rooted seedlings. About 2-3 months are required to produce mycorrhizal seedlings

2.) mycelial inoculation

A root tip covered in truffle fungus can be emulsified and sprayed onto the roots of a uninoculated tree in a hydroponic type system.

3.) inoculation by spores

The inoculation is usually performed under semi-sterile conditions and the substrate is generally soil that favors truffle growth. Spore suspensions are prepared from fresh, frozen or dried fruit bodies and are delivered to rooted seedlings or germinated seeds. This method requires 8-10 months to obtain well colonized plants.

Fruitbodies of T. melanosporum were sterilised and suspended in deionised water. 20 ml of spore suspension containing 5 106 spores/ ml were added to 800 grams of soil. Plant growth and mycorrhizal colonisation was assessed after 5-14 months of culture in a climate chamber.
The fruitbodies were then stratified in sand, at 4-5  C in the dark for 60 days, before the spore suspensions were prepared. The peridium was peeled off and the gleba was first homogenized with a blender and then ground in a mortar. When at least one third of the asci had been broken without damaging the spores water was added. Each seedling received 10 ml spore suspension. The number of spores ranged between 2 106-7 106 spores per seedling. After 3-7 months of growth in a greenhouse the root systems were examined for colonization of Tuber and other ectomycorrhizal species. The results showed that the degree of colonization increased with the time of incubation. It was also observed that the natural substrate gave a better colonisation than the artificial one, probably due to differences in pH and humidity.

After collection and identification the fruitbodies were cleaned and dried at 40 C for 48h. The approximate number of spores per gram of dried fruitbody was 107. The fruitbodies were chopped and mixed with tap water until the spores were released. Spore suspensions were prepared in spring and 10 ml were applied to each seedling at concentrations of 102, 103 and 104spores per seedling. Plants were grown in a controlled environment for 5 months

After some months the seeds germinate and the plants have 4-5 leaves; they are carefully extirpated; the taproot is blunted and the radical apparatus is immerged in a solution with truffle spores for two days. This solution is prepared by employing well-ripe truffles, which have rotten in distilled water for a few days until they become easy to pulp by hand. The small plants are placed in 1-2 litre vases employing suitable grounds. Subsequently, a cubic centimetre of  swill (full of truffle spores) is placed by the small plant neck. The small plants are watered during Summer and let grow in shaded zones until Autumn (when they are ready for the grounding). Well-drained, metalled, sub alkaline, organically-substance or mineral salts poor grounds are their favourites.

--------------------

InvisibleSporeFarmer
 User Gallery

#15514551 - 12/14/11 08:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleSheikCorp
Stranger

#15514574 - 12/14/11 08:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is that colonized root tip from your plants?

Thanks for the notes :cool:

InvisibleSporeFarmer
 User Gallery

Re: truffle cultivation [Re: SheikCorp]
    #15514680 - 12/14/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The plants I had looked similar, yes, but I'm not 100% on that specific pic, as I pulled from my file from 3 years ago

--------------------

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #15515816 - 12/14/11 02:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Very interesting stuff!

Thank you for sharing,

JD

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

InvisibleSporeFarmer
 User Gallery

Re: truffle cultivation [Re: Javadog]
    #15516416 - 12/14/11 04:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Javadog said:
Very interesting stuff!

Thank you for sharing,

JD

No problem...

--------------------

Offlinedavid_polley
Stranger
    #23866319 - 11/25/16 03:16 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

i used to grow magic mushrooms with great success. i have now ordered truffles spores, agar jelly and petri dishes, my plan is as follows, put the spore on agar and wait for the mycelium to grow. then sterilize alkaline mud made alkaline by adding lime to it and then sterlizing it in a pressure cooker. Then plant a hazel, ash tree stump with roots in a container. then mix the mycelium with sterile water inject into the soil and roots, put it in a  fish tank indoors. Will this work? i cant find any info on the ineternet about growing truffles inside? let me know

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale