Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Betta fish just died, feels bad man
    #14515150 -

To all wet pet owners out there, be very careful when cleaning out tank and re-introducing fish, my betta named Gucci spasd out, went crazy and died seconds after putting him into a freshly cleaned tank.

Its really making me re think this hobby, for one he had white fuzz growing on his fins, probably parasites which developed in the past month.

Also, I had a live plant in there that had a tiny snail when I bought it, now there are snail egg sacks all over my tank as well as tiny worms floating around the surface.

If I do get more fish, aside from Loaches which are kinda ugly is there a durable fish that can eat the tiny snails and worms (fresh water fish)??

Any how:    :feelsbadman: cuz I feel I  :homerdoh3: but I gotta :blewmeanie:

I read somewhere droping some pennies in the tank would kill the invertebrates (because of the copper) any one follow this up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515182 -

im sorry for your loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: spazmodog]
    #14515189 -

spazmodog said:
im sorry for your loss




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Humility]
    #14515195 -

Humility said:
spazmodog said:
im sorry for your loss






--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Humility]
    #14515198 -

Now I feel the fish spirit talking to me, he is pissed the hell off

:Feelstrippyman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515364 -

Hey! My bf is into fresh tropical water fish.
He also started out with bettas and the firsts didn't last much, they had ictio which is a parasite.

I have to say bettas can be extremely beautiful yet they have a terrible temper, I would never buy them for myself and he gave up on them.

He now has an aquarium with about 150 liters and as a few cat fishes (corydoras, pit bulls and another I don't know the sp), snails, neons, ramirezis and some small shrimps. He also has a great variety of plant species, I have to say it's really beautiful to look at.

Did you manage the water temperature correctly? I think you shouldn't exchange the water completely because it needs to grow specific microorganisms in order to provide a good environment for fishes, if you have a filter working you just need to change a few liters. He previously had a 56 liters aquarium and would just exchange about 10 weekly.

Plus always make sure you have the correct temperature for the fish and a good filter working.


--------------------


"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515469 -

haha
the world of fish seems very interesting

pouihi said:
Hey! My bf is into fresh tropical water fish.
He also started out with bettas and the firsts didn't last much, they had ictio which is a parasite.

I have to say bettas can be extremely beautiful yet they have a terrible temper, I would never buy them for myself and he gave up on them.

He now has an aquarium with about 150 liters and as a few cat fishes (corydoras, pit bulls and another I don't know the sp), snails, neons, ramirezis and some small shrimps. He also has a great variety of plant species, I have to say it's really beautiful to look at.

Did you manage the water temperature correctly? I think you shouldn't exchange the water completely because it needs to grow specific microorganisms in order to provide a good environment for fishes, if you have a filter working you just need to change a few liters. He previously had a 56 liters aquarium and would just exchange about 10 weekly.

Plus always make sure you have the correct temperature for the fish and a good filter working.



although i am quite  :feelshighman:  at the moment


Rectangle 3D said:
Now I feel the fish spirit talking to me, he is pissed the hell off

:Feelstrippyman:



dude you dont have to take shit from a fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: spazmodog]
    #14515719 -

spazmodog said:
haha
the world of fish seems very interesting

pouihi said:
Hey! My bf is into fresh tropical water fish.
He also started out with bettas and the firsts didn't last much, they had ictio which is a parasite.

I have to say bettas can be extremely beautiful yet they have a terrible temper, I would never buy them for myself and he gave up on them.

He now has an aquarium with about 150 liters and as a few cat fishes (corydoras, pit bulls and another I don't know the sp), snails, neons, ramirezis and some small shrimps. He also has a great variety of plant species, I have to say it's really beautiful to look at.

Did you manage the water temperature correctly? I think you shouldn't exchange the water completely because it needs to grow specific microorganisms in order to provide a good environment for fishes, if you have a filter working you just need to change a few liters. He previously had a 56 liters aquarium and would just exchange about 10 weekly.

Plus always make sure you have the correct temperature for the fish and a good filter working.



although i am quite  :feelshighman:  at the moment


Rectangle 3D said:
Now I feel the fish spirit talking to me, he is pissed the hell off

:Feelstrippyman:



dude you dont have to take shit from a fish




haha yea that fish was a chair sniffer

looks like Im passing up the pet fish thingy, too much pain when they die and you don't just get a cool looking fish, you get worms, snails, parasites, all that cool stuff.

He could just been chill but he had to go nutz till he went stiff...
:restless:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515729 -

Hm, that's odd. Did you age the new water well before putting him in?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515768 -

Rectangle 3D said:
Now I feel the fish spirit talking to me, he is pissed the hell off

:Feelstrippyman:



I dunno what you took dude but I want to have the same :grin: Sorry for your loss anyway, your fish is in a better place now if this makes you feel any better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14515808 -

water seemed fine, the gravel is well seasoned and and so are the three plants.

Im researching this now and it looks like what drove this emo fish over the edge was the temperature difference between the holding jar and the tank.

Some people were saying they add a teaspoon of tank water to their fishes jar once an hour the whole day just so the fish gets into the groove when you dump him in the larger tank...

What it all boils down to is that Betta fish are picky little freaks that go bat shit crazy if you don't "love" them the right way.

A little bit on my fish Gucci 2 Times (R. I. P.)

He was Burrrr blue with red streaks, awesome fins and all that

:fishgun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Rectangle 3D]
    #14515829 -

Ah, yes, that'll do it. But yes, I'm a long-time aquarium enthusiast, so i know how sad losing a fishy can be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14515896 -

Get a turtle. They are durable and badass.
:awebig:

Although don't put a fish and turtle together. My turtle lived in harmony for a long time with my fish, and then one day it became possessed and ripped the fish to shreds and ate them.:awedisgust:


--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: willowmp]
    #14515930 -

Just getting set up with myself. I got a new tank, filter, heater and now need to get a water kit to treat the water (so much needs to be taken into account like nitrite/nitrate/ammonia amounts etc) I also need to cycle the filter which could take a while. Yep, it definitely requires a little dedication.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Betta fish just died, feels bad man [Re: Abuse]
    #14516163 -

Oooooh My little fish died

His future was miggggghhhty bad ooh

His daddy still here tho, gonna meet you up in the crossroads

ooh fish didn't mean to do you like thaaaaatttt
:restless::blewmeanie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* anyone here keep bettas, or any fish for that matter? idiotek 527 8 11/22/05 06:04 PM
by peeper
* My betta fish died lol wocka 1,777 18 06/04/11 09:37 PM
by Takura001
* fishing ODhaze 907 4 04/11/03 10:09 PM
by Pinhead
* Bad dreams and nightmare
( 1 2 all )
Macey Howard 6,336 32 04/14/03 09:05 PM
by OutkastSlug
* Scenery and Fish Phluck 717 7 03/04/03 05:50 PM
by Phluck
* Is OTD really that bad?
( 1 2 3 all )
GabbaDj 5,550 40 05/21/19 10:03 PM
by FatChicksNcoke
* I feel Fuckin GREAT!!! Faaip_De_Oiad 2,141 14 07/04/03 08:16 PM
by trippinlizard
* Bad Mom! Morphrying 2,694 9 10/14/02 07:18 PM
by Morphrying

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,331 topic views. 6 members, 95 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.