Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip?
    #14249768 -

I used to love the Mars Volta and would only listen to it after dropping acid. I listened to 'Amputechture' start to end on a long drive over the weekend and I realized its utter crap... I used to love getting high and chilling out to it, it was my favorite album but on the drive I had to push through it, remind myself how much joy it once brought me, how good it once felt. When it ended I found myself wondering, 'why did I used to listen to this crap?'

Now I'm more into music like Odd Future and a little NuRock too. Can anyone explain this? Is it just Mars Volta that is only good tripping? Or has my musical taste just changed? Its only ever happened with one band Mars Volta...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: The Fox]
    #14250998 -

Listen to Bedlam in Goliath or Frances the Mute? Both are fucking amazing albums I can not even fathom how someone could call them "utter crap".

I haven't listened to much of amputechture and I'm assuming you have heard the two that I listed but if not, check them out asap.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: The Fox]
    #14255143 -

Jesus.

Amputechture is their best work, in my opinion.  Day of the Baphomets doesn't do anything for you? Viscera Eyes?

Stop doing drugs if the only way you can appreciate music is whilst you're high.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #14256355 -

I've actually never listened to TMV high and I don't think I'd even want to... But I'm a big fan. De-Loused is amazing. It's one of the best prog albums of the past decade!


--------------------
(Psycho Active) Drug Experiences:

Caffeine, Chocolate, Kava Kava, Alcohol, Cannabis, Psilocybin/Psilocin (Psilocybe Cubensis,) DXM, Salvia Divinorum.

Wants to try:

DMT, Ayahuasca, LSD, Mescaline, & (possibly) MDMA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: River Man]
    #14258713 -

De-loused is where its at...but Amputechture was a good album too. Lately I have been into Omar's group. I saw them in SF last year and they were dope.


--------------------
Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: River Man]
    #14259727 -

River Man said:
I've actually never listened to TMV high and I don't think I'd even want to... But I'm a big fan. De-Loused is amazing. It's one of the best prog albums of the past decade!



You HAVE to listen to Frances next time you trip, especially Cassandra Gemini.

TMV is dope sober, high, tripping, whatever.
Although Cedric's vocals can get a bit annoying at times, except on De-loused.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: thoughts]
    #14288137 -

TBH it's been a while since I had listened to them and maybe my taste in music has changed.

I don't do acid that much these days and inversely I used to hate Morcheeba and the Black keys and those two bands are up in my top 5...

Whats the best track by TMV to listen to whilst straight?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: The Fox]
    #14289000 -

The Fox said:
I used to love the Mars Volta and would only listen to it after dropping acid. I listened to 'Amputechture' start to end on a long drive over the weekend and I realized its utter crap... I used to love getting high and chilling out to it, it was my favorite album but on the drive I had to push through it, remind myself how much joy it once brought me, how good it once felt. When it ended I found myself wondering, 'why did I used to listen to this crap?'

Now I'm more into music like Odd Future and a little NuRock too. Can anyone explain this? Is it just Mars Volta that is only good tripping? Or has my musical taste just changed? Its only ever happened with one band Mars Volta...



:lol: :wtf:

You must be completely deaf when you're sober.


--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta - Only good on a trip? [Re: The Fox]
    #14296087 -

Sometimes your music taste changes as you get older. It happens. Bands I used to love no longer really hit the spot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A band to look out for -- The Mars Volta HB 1,451 18 06/03/03 01:41 PM
by Revelation
* The Mars Volta dymebagger00 892 8 08/22/03 11:49 PM
by shwowsh
* Mars Volta Demiurge 1,021 6 07/01/03 08:21 PM
by LeViTY
* Mars Volta rockstafarian 921 9 10/17/03 01:11 PM
by mr_kite
* What's everyone listening to at the mo?
( 1 2 all )
lunatic_in_my_head 2,202 21 08/29/03 05:19 PM
by Effed
* I designed a cd cover concept for the mars volta ... HB 599 4 03/13/03 04:17 AM
by HB
* The Mars Volta(video)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 7,513 90 05/03/07 09:38 PM
by jewunit
* The Mars Volta
( 1 2 all )
chemistry 2,907 28 05/09/05 02:52 PM
by patchallen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,011 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.