Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Identification request [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1405016 -

ToxicMan, perhaps it could be a Coprinus which is native to Australia? Maybe something we dont see here in the states... ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Identification request [Re: angryshroom]
    #1405067 -

Yes, it absolutely could be. I don't have any books on mushrooms of Australia, so I can't say one way or the other. I mentioned the bit about potential toxicity of Coprinus atramentarius because it's common for similar (closely related) mushrooms to show similar toxicity. If I remember, I'll ask Dr. Miller (I'll see him this August - he spent a bunch of time studying the mushrooms in Australia) about them.


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Identification request [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1416057 -

Some australian Coprinus include atramentarius, disseminatus, impatiens, plicatilis, and truncorum.
that black sludge indicates Coprinus.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Identification request [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1416111 -

Shepherd and Totterdale have one of the most expensive of the Australian Mushroom Identification books, I think about $60.00 or so. They do cover the subaeruginosa in their book.

I could be wrong about the authors but I know Tottedlell is one of them.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* SE USA identification request DAVID_ALLAN_CEO 1,651 7 07/30/07 12:26 AM
by CureCat
* Identification request OOISI 1,648 5 04/11/06 09:54 PM
by ToxicMan
* Identification request
( 1 2 all )
Mrctr 5,006 24 09/30/17 08:56 AM
by Trancedd
* MD Woodland Mushroom Identification Request clementine 1,678 6 09/25/08 01:31 PM
by clementine
* identification request Red_Baran 3,345 19 08/05/06 12:42 PM
by Jim
* Unknown Mushroom Identification Request clementine 1,197 9 09/24/08 04:13 AM
by koraks
* Correct ID Request Enforcement. Maverick 4,960 14 06/30/06 07:01 AM
by Maverick
* Before you post an ID request, please read this! AnnoA 4,776 1 11/07/03 09:11 AM
by canid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
6,373 topic views. 0 members, 24 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.