Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13922916 -

all of those are twisted forms of vanity.

I hesitate to include comfort, but comfort is also Vanity.

Ironically, i find the last one the least vain out of all of those......


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: Shins]
    #13922972 -

Would you say humans are primarily motivated by vanity?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13922997 -

A lot are these days yeah, especially in the western world.

I blame television (satanic family altar) and pop culture.

Many people would rather be rich and famous than morally sound.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: the spiral]
    #13923002 -

Invaded poll.

I like wearing clothing and I'd rather the people around me wear clothing too. I guess I'm just weird like that though. Clothing is helpful in protecting our bodies from damage from the sun or orther dangers. Clothing is also an important way to identify different cultures and affiliations. The world would be a very boring place if most people walked around unclothed.

I also don't understand what your trying to ask. Theres alot or questions being posed in the first post.

Oh and new gremlin :niggawe:


--------------------
:niggawe::niggawe::niggawe::niggawe::Awesketch::niggawe::niggawe::niggawe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: Shins]
    #13923008 -

I just don't think nudity is morally unsound. I would be more inclined to say fear of the body is separate from moral soundness.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13923045 -

I agree with you, but it depends on the reasons why one would prefer public nudity.

If it's because one idolizes people's bodies over their souls or as some kind of fashion statement etc. yeah i think it's immoral.

But if it's for (for example) your statement about "not trying to improve on God's creation" or something like that then yeah, why not?


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: the spiral]
    #13923159 -

lol not a single person voted yet on stocking up on burkhas


is it just me, or is there something about the middle east that says 'extreme homophobic'

i mean they blow themselves up out of frustration, they cover up their women with the burkha from head to toe so not a single piece of SKIN may show


and they prostitute 8 year old boys and make them dance, call them 'dancing boys' or bacha bazi


did i say homophobe? nothing homophobic about it, homophobe is someone scared of gays. they are openly ghey fag typez lol
:onfire::goatse:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: imachavel]
    #13924241 -

oops - my bad on misspelling 'burqa'

I realize a lot of questions (and conjectures) are present in the original post; I wasn't out to pose a serious philosophical question - i merely thought it would be interesting to see how people responded to my patently unrealistic scenario :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Perpetual nudity versus a perpetual Burka [Re: the spiral]
    #13924343 -

naked. all the way.

When I was younger I was really self conscious about my body (i've been at least slightly overweight all my life. never "huge" fat, but always kinda chubby) and would wear hoodies all the time. eventually I overcame this (thanks in large part to my first mushroom trip)

and i reinforced this newfound freedom from self consciousness by dressing like skinny people do. wearing tshirts and such. and its kept me feeling pretty comfortable with my body :grin:

and i can only imagine being naked in front of people would help me even more. if my body had been open for all to see since birth, i probably never would have developed that extent of self consciousness in the first place.


--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.
                         
                                              ~William S. Burroughs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Public Nudity Poll
( 1 2 all )
MorphinTime 9,423 39 10/01/12 11:25 PM
by MorphinTime
* Nudity (in general) bloodsheen 387 9 02/19/16 08:21 PM
by Adolin
* Perpetual Energy Devices
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
hTx 2,765 81 08/28/13 09:59 AM
by druqs
* I think it's time for perpetual phones.
( 1 2 all )
zZZz 2,288 22 03/28/13 05:42 AM
by Soulidarity
* Perpetual Motion mikeyboy 1,300 14 10/31/05 09:45 AM
by trendal
* Is it okay to force women wear burkas
( 1 2 all )
rupertbeaner 2,406 29 10/05/10 05:41 PM
by SillyBilly
* Garment workers protest in Bangladesh LobsterSauceDiscord 403 0 07/02/10 09:54 PM
by LobsterSauce
* American Culture Has a Warped View on Nudity
( 1 2 3 all )
Crystal G 2,483 45 05/10/14 09:38 AM
by Apostle

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,897 topic views. 2 members, 25 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.