Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I think it's time for perpetual phones.
    #18021773 -

i had a fake rolex watch once that ran on perpetual energy. i think the same could be applied to a mobile phone.

it's the future of power i tell ya. that and solar energy.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: zZZz]
    #18021787 -

Hold on guys, got to sprint to the patent office.

A timepiece needs a lot less energy than a wireless computer tho :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Dest]
    #18021845 -

true, but that's where the thinking hat comes into play.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: zZZz]
    #18021861 -

In the meantime, solar powered cell phone chargers are almost a dime a dozen these days (see: ebay)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Dest]
    #18021868 -

The ones the phones come with also dont require the sun or an extra purchase.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #18021887 -

Yes but its something to think about if you lose your phone charger and need to get a new one or happen to be going somewhere where you wont be having access to an outlet for a long time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Dest]
    #18022128 -

Perpetual energy? It had a device that took advantage of you bouncing around and used some of that spastic energy for itself. A phone's requirements for energy is like comparing the energy you use reading by one light bulb and the entire city doing so.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: koods]
    #18022265 -

There is no proof that perpetual energy exists. So maybe we can find proof finally and apply it into our cell phones in a thousand years!  (Even though perpetual energy doesn't make sense.)


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #18022314 -

how about perpetual motion energy?


you really think it's going to take thousands of years to discover perpetual energy and use it on cell phones?..

we got all the shit we have now in just about 100 years or less. in a thousand years we probably won't even need phones because we will master telepathy by then.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #18022315 -

Thing is, watches take almost no power to keep running, and are generally out in the light when being worn, thus generating solar power. Phones require much more power, and are generally kept on pockets out of sunlight, thus not generating power. I agree though, phones need much better batteries.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #18022335 -

Simple solution. Take everything out of the phone except for the phone service.

I imagine like a bluetooth ear piece, with a small rectangular screen for caller id, good connection and decent sound quality. Just for starters. I'd buy it.


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: zZZz]
    #18022336 -

Technically,
as of now
Perpetual energy in any useful form does not exist.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #18022347 -

Perpetual energy isn't proved to exist and I don't think it will ever be. The closest thing to it uses magnets, but since magnets don't last forever its not perpetual and it still has an energy source.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #18022358 -

Fuckin magnets

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #18022377 -

Distorted Vision said:
Perpetual energy isn't proved to exist and I don't think it will ever be. The closest thing to it uses magnets, but since magnets don't last forever its not perpetual and it still has an energy source.



they say perpetual watches in the sense that they never really need battery replacements, because it recharges itself bit by bit.


not to sound all :tinfoil:, but i saw a documentary recently about some kind of perpetual energy contraption. it was pretty conspiracy driven and :tinfoil:ish, so i wouldn't rely on it much, but i think the technology is available, or atleast readily discoverable. they just need to put the time and effort into forging a solution to the problem.


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #18022399 -

True they could make perpetual phones, just not phones running on perpetual energy, lol sorry I just read a shit load about perpetual energy a few months ago I thought it was a very interesting theory.

Yeah I'm not sure how they don't have perpetual everything handheld yet.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #18022401 -

We have, I'd say for about 2000 years.
There's always slavery!
:rimshot:


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #18022459 -

TAKE PHYSICS GUYS :kingcrankey:



the maximum efficiency of any engine is E= [1- (work done/heat input)]
and that number will ALWAYS be less than 1.

even a carnot engine is not 100% efficient.

you cannot create energy.  There will always be a need for an energy source because (amongst other reasons) you cannot create a thermodynamically reversible engine.  Some energy will always be lost in the process via entropy, work done on the universe, or heat transfer to the universe. 

NO SYSTEM CAN HAVE PERPETUAL MOTION, PERPETUAL ENERGY, NO PERPETUAL ANYTHING!!


FUCK!@!!!!  :godfuckingdammit:  :godfuckingdammit:  :godfuckingdammit:
In space, objects can continue on their present course without additional force for a theoretically infinite amount of time but you still cannot take energy from the system without slowing down the object.


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Edited by NWlight (03/28/13 04:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Soulidarity]
    #18022475 -

Soulidarity said:
Distorted Vision said:
Perpetual energy isn't proved to exist and I don't think it will ever be. The closest thing to it uses magnets, but since magnets don't last forever its not perpetual and it still has an energy source.



they say perpetual watches in the sense that they never really need battery replacements, because it recharges itself bit by bit.




you mean it has an auto winder that winds when you move but doesnt when it
sits in a drawer so no battery involved

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think it's time for perpetual phones. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #18022486 -

there are some that have solar panels placed in the face of the watch also, commonly referred to as perpetual watches. but yes, i think there are also the ones your speaking of that have some kind of movement generated mechanism too.


lately i've been getting into watches though, watches are pretty damn awesome man!


--------------------

R.I.P. WoodRuss67, Todcasil, TheMerryIguana, The Rompus, Lord Senate.
[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Perpetual Motion mikeyboy 1,300 14 10/31/05 09:45 AM
by trendal
* What's the big hoopla over the Bannana-Phone? GGreatOne234 1,145 6 05/27/04 10:53 AM
by Ori
* Is Your Phone Out of Juice? Biological fuel cell turns drinks into power Psilocybeingzz 972 2 04/03/07 11:57 AM
by Boom
* Exxon executive: stop trying to become energy independent DNKYD 1,875 17 02/10/06 12:15 AM
by Konnrade
* Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring - Banana phone!!! Kingkole 1,518 11 06/18/17 09:08 AM
by Connoisseur
* What I hate about cell phones
( 1 2 all )
kaniz 3,770 23 12/22/05 10:09 PM
by kaniz
* buying a new cell phone, reccomendations?? zSDMF 840 7 01/08/06 04:29 PM
by Liquid_Dimension
* Help with cell phone. ShroomyMcPot 898 6 12/19/04 08:28 PM
by browndustin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,288 topic views. 2 members, 9 guests and 69 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.