Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
my bulk plan
    #1378210 -

hey,

this is my plan! please comment if you see any obvious pitfalls/mistakes

I have two jars of (pf tek) Cambodia 90% colonised I intend to try to spawn a bulk substrate with them 60/40 horse shit/straw (that right?)

1) how much of the bulk substrate can I spawn with a pint jar?

I'm gonna cut up my straw into itty bitty pieces & pasturize both straw & poo by putting them into a pillow case & dropping them into just boiled water & let sit for an hour.
after that I will let it drain in the pillow case till its cool

2) how wet should it be? like my casing would be? couple of drips when squeezed

3) can I do them both together or do I need to do them separately?

then I will put an amount (3/4?) of each into ziplock bags with a fully colonised cake & crumble/mix brf cake into bulk spawn

4) do the ziplock bags need holes in them? for air circulation or should they be sealed airtight

5) do the ziplock bags have to be sterile or do I just chuck it all together?

6) how resistant to contams will this be? is poo fairly good like soil or do I need to be as careful with it as I do with other substrates

i'll let it incubate till completely colonised
& then I'll case with the 50/50 plus tek unless I can find some coco coir locally


err....have I forgotten anything glaringly obvious?


/me twiddles thumbs anxiously :crazy: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: metalchimp]
    #1379875 -

bump

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: metalchimp]
    #1379896 -

I'm about to do dung and straw for the first time.. I've only done straw before.. I've got some questions too but I can answer a couple of yours

1) how much of the bulk substrate can I spawn with a pint jar?

I think that a 1:10 spawn/substrate ratio is best.

2) how wet should it be? like my casing would be? couple of drips when squeezed

Let the pillow case drain and cool for an hour ot two, it should drip water when squeezed..but not a lot. Yes like a casing.

3) can I do them both together or do I need to do them separately?

You can do them together

4) do the ziplock bags need holes in them? for air circulation or should they be sealed airtight

I'm not sure about this method.. are you going to transfer to another container when the spawn run is done or are you attempting to fruit in the bags? You should have a few small holes in the plastic during the incubation stage to allow for a little bit of air, and when initiating fruiting, then start air exchange.

5) do the ziplock bags have to be sterile or do I just chuck it all together?


?????? Sterility is key

6) how resistant to contams will this be? is poo fairly good like soil or do I need to be as careful with it as I do with other substrates

Straw is pretty resistant to contams, I don't know about dung. Always practice sterile procedure.

I pastuerize by putting the bag of straw in a pot at 160-170 for an hour. I wouldn't trust using 'just boiled water'


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: Shroomism]
    #1379929 -

cheers for the reply man, its much appreciated!

160-170F is 100c right?

if so I just have to keep the water boiling for an hour while the poo & straw are together in the pillowcase in the pot?
if water wont go above 100c at sea level before evaporating it shouldnt be a problem, should it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: metalchimp]
    #1379934 -

No, 170F is about 76C. If you boil your substrate you will be sterilizing, not pasteurizing.


--------------------


Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: dog]
    #1379940 -

AH HA!


thankyou!

shrooms for both of you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my bulk plan [Re: metalchimp]
    #1379953 -

Yeah...you don't want the water to get above about.. 80C.. boiling water is no good as it will kill beneficial bacteria. You want 160-180F..which is I assume about 75C.. it is less than a low simmer.. do yourself a favor and spend 2 dollars on a meat thermometer or candy thermometer.. and stick that in the water so you can keep an eye on the temp


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need info on bulk liquid substrates please! Killjoy 1,358 6 04/14/03 05:24 PM
by Pantherina
* my bulk plan comments, questions, tips, exqamples? Coma of Souls 648 4 12/22/02 08:48 PM
by Coma of Souls
* Bulk spawn question
( 1 2 all )
Drink_Punk_Soda 5,714 22 10/17/02 02:23 AM
by XiC_clone
* I need help with poop. Myco-420 12,239 11 09/09/20 10:30 AM
by Capefearjay
* Hip's Bulk Tek
( 1 2 all )
Mklangelo 23,772 29 12/20/14 07:00 PM
by taGyo
* A not so new tek revisited and adjusted for bulk dimitri211 10,194 13 05/09/13 10:29 AM
by cronicr
* Some bulk teks for people too try bluhoney 7,654 5 09/06/02 02:50 AM
by goatywoaty
* Bulk Substrate Idea - Input Requested lysergic 2,044 2 01/26/04 05:49 PM
by Legoulash

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,089 topic views. 19 members, 225 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.