Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa
    #13597699 -

Hi! This is my first time at the shroomery, and I decided to go hunting for the very first time. I found a bunch of small brown mushrooms growing from bark and wood and dirt, so I figured I'd give them a shot. So here they are I guess. I was thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa, but I'm not really a mycologist so I don't know hah.

Habitat: I found them growing out of wood chips and dirt, near the Berkeley rose garden.

Gills: The gills appear to be white, kind of cream colored.

Caps: The caps are darker and light brown at the top, and get lighter and whiter as you move down the cap. This is after drying. Also, the diameter is about 2-3 cm per mushroom.

Stems: The stems are 2-3 inches long, and are hollow. They are change in color, as you progress up the stem they get lighter colored. Also, the bases are light in color, and had some white hairy things at the very bottom, when they were first picked.

Spore Print: Unfortunately, I was not able to get a proper spore print. If this prevents a proper I.D., let me know, I'll get a proper spore print next time.

Color of Bruises: It doesn't seem to change color when bruised...

Here are the pics:





Thanks for helping! And also, if I'm missing anything or something lemme know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: dood91]
    #13597703 -

Those are Mycena, no Psilocybe has white gills.  Looks like you may have a couple Psathyrella in there as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: CubeBensies]
    #13597713 -

alright thanks. Dang I actually saw another post with the same species, mistaking the two.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: dood91]
    #13597725 -

Ha, wow buddy - way to post a thread of almost the exact same title as me, at, like, the exact same time... thread jinx?

Heh.. anyway man, it's kind of hard to tell by what you have provided, but it doesn't really sound like the most promising of spots to find them. And the gills don't look right at all, they are white, no? That would indicate Mycena sp.. Can you find a separable gelatinous pellicle? It's a reeeeally thin translucent skin that covers the cap. Those look like they certainly don't have that, and the texture doesn't seem right to me. And the stems look a bit brittle...

But than again, I am not an expert and am trying to get some ID'd myself so... best of luck!
:cheers:


--------------------

__________________________________
In case you didn't know, The Shroomery holds a Picture of The Month poll each month and anyone is welcome to nominate pictures and vote! Keep it active folks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: CubeBensies]
    #13599109 -

CubeBensies said:
Those are Mycena, no Psilocybe has white gills.  Looks like you may have a couple Psathyrella in there as well.



I agree.The white gilled ones definitely look like Mycena.Those darker gilled ones look like Psathyrella.Sorry dood91 no active Psilocybes.:poison::frown:


--------------------

Leppy say's::strokebeard:Seek and you will find!Ask and they will guide you!Listen and be taught!!:leaving:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: Oreganic]
    #13599132 -

Oreganic said:
Ha, wow buddy - way to post a thread of almost the exact same title as me, at, like, the exact same time... thread jinx?

Heh.. anyway man, it's kind of hard to tell by what you have provided, but it doesn't really sound like the most promising of spots to find them. And the gills don't look right at all, they are white, no? That would indicate Mycena sp.. Can you find a separable gelatinous pellicle? It's a reeeeally thin translucent skin that covers the cap. Those look like they certainly don't have that, and the texture doesn't seem right to me. And the stems look a bit brittle...

But than again, I am not an expert and am trying to get some ID'd myself so... best of luck!
:cheers:



Yours are good to go Oreganic!Definitely Ps.Pelliculosa buddy! Happy tripping my friend!!!:thumbup::cheers:


--------------------

Leppy say's::strokebeard:Seek and you will find!Ask and they will guide you!Listen and be taught!!:leaving:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: Lepkaun]
    #13599521 -

you should eat em anyway and see what happens


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: sporesmores420]
    #13599527 -

sporesmores420 said:
you should eat em anyway and see what happens



No, he shouldn't... :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ID Request -- thinking Psilocybe Pelliculosa [Re: sporesmores420]
    #13599561 -

sporesmores420 said:
you should eat em anyway and see what happens




Many Mycena species contain the mycotoxin muscarine.

If you give bad advice again you will be banned.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Psilocybe pelliculosa Pictorial (Pics) Mr. Fryd 1,863 5 04/29/01 07:27 PM
by doo
* Help, un-ID'd bluing Psilocybe sp. in Seattle.
( 1 2 all )
spores 8,057 21 11/20/01 08:25 AM
by mikeofyle
* ID Request - GA Mushrooms Legolas 5,765 11 09/23/02 12:29 PM
by Legolas
* Re: ID for non-psilocybe Mitchnast 1,187 5 04/21/01 12:45 AM
by Mitchnast
* Re: Hey MJ,I think your wrong
( 1 2 all )
mattso 6,821 31 04/14/00 12:34 PM
by Anonymous
* Possible Psiloycbe Pelliculosa? DocPsilocybin 3,218 17 10/07/02 05:24 PM
by Mitchnast
* I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones..
( 1 2 all )
YouInfoIt 9,143 26 11/01/02 05:49 AM
by JovialLeprechaun
* An unidentified Psilocybe? Picture!
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,421 23 10/29/02 10:31 AM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,252 topic views. 3 members, 33 guests and 66 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.