Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Warren Wilson College
    #13447282 -

Anyone been there? Is it hard to get into? I have about 3.0 gpa, 1800 sat, and plenty of community service. It seems the perfect school, north carolina so its great weather, not to mention it seems a pretty hippy/stoner school.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13447321 -

I wanna go to App state which is pretty close to there. I really really like the area. Mountains ftw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: Solemente]
    #13447326 -

ya that area owns

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13447391 -



--------------------


:awecid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: mescalinician]
    #13447461 -

sawweeeeeeet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13447546 -

When I was back east, we would head west to go paddle the Nantahala or go creeking in that area, and then stop through WW to pickup sheets. It is one of the crunchiest colleges in the entire country to be sure. Great bud and nice doses are what I remember about Warren Wilson. :thumbup:

Edited by antiPock (11/07/10 09:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: antiPock]
    #13447554 -

My brother went there and It is awesome. You could definitely get into it with those grades. Plus there are lots of hot hippy chicks.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: HuHEN]
    #13448740 -

saweeeeeet. What do you mean by chruny? does that mean drugs in abundance or something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: Solemente]
    #13448857 -

Solemente said:
I wanna go to App state which is pretty close to there. I really really like the area. Mountains ftw.



I went to ASU my freshmen year and it was nice, just cold as hell in the winter.  Buts its fun as hell up there, i would recommend it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: kechlesurf]
    #13449329 -

Yeah, I want to go to a small, liberal arts college with lots of white girls and lax admissions, in a nice area. Instead, I go to the super-competitive, 80% asian, California Ivy that's overrun with PC douchebags and med school wannabes. I choose mine over yours.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13449538 -

Uhh k have fun with  that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13449665 -

CaptainAhab said:
Yeah, I want to go to a small, liberal arts college with lots of white girls and lax admissions, in a nice area. Instead, I go to the super-competitive, 80% asian, California Ivy that's overrun with PC douchebags and med school wannabes. I choose mine over yours.



you do seem super douchy so I guess it fits you well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: kechlesurf]
    #13449990 -

Thanks. I'll wave when I drive by your mobile home in my aston martin. Seriously, the point of what I said is that you don't get anywhere if you don't challenge yourself. Paying private school tuition at an unknown, small, religious school doesn't make a lot of sense. Even with grants, if you get them, what's the point unless you go to a school with a good name? You want to argue with me about this, have at it. I'll win.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13450009 -

I have always wanted to key a Aston Martian.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: collie man]
    #13450022 -

studies show that no employer gives a shit about your undergrad. its all about where you got your masters, etc

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13450028 -

not to mention id rather enjoy college life than spend all night cramming for some hard ass exam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13450072 -

I'm glad you popped up. You should check out average MCAT and GRE scores at your school if you want to know how undergrads there fare in terms of graduate school admissions. Let me help you out and explain what the guy above (insulting me) won't tell you:

If you take the easy way out, and don't challenge yourself, then you might as well learn a trade and not waste your money on post-secondary education. I've got lots of friends that graduated in things like English, Psychology, etc. from private, small, liberal arts colleges and are now having hard times getting into good grad schools and getting good jobs.

If you want to take the easy way out, then you can go to one of these privates and pay through the nose to be surrounded by other students who don't try hard.

Here's my advice: when I sit in class, I feel ashamed. I feel ashamed that there aren't more white people in California who work hard and go to good schools like mine. In Calfornia, the population is 12.5% asian, but the UC's are >50% asian. What does this tell you?
You don't see asians herding in droves to small, liberal arts colleges, do you?

I'm not saying any of this to discourage you. Instead, it's the opposite. And it's what I said to the guy above: you have to challenge yourself. That's why I said that I hate being in the environment that I'm in, but wouldn't trade it for anything. Sweating, grinding, pushing my way through school with smart kids who work hard is its own reward.

Don't believe what slackers like the guy above say. They mix lies with the truth, and try to persuade you to be like them. I call a spade a spade, and don't fuck around when it comes to education. This is your future, man. Don't make it easy on yourself.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13450090 -

haha dont worry i wont be getting some worthless degree. I plan on going into business most likely

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: AlbinoMonk]
    #13450126 -

What would you rather have, albino?

1. Some guy telling you not to work hard

2. Some guy telling you that life takes work

Only one of those choices gets you anywhere. It's not rocket science.

I'm opinionated. But, I'm experienced. Anyone you talk to who knows their shit will tell you the same thing that I did.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Warren Wilson College [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #13450222 -

CaptainAhab said:
Thanks. I'll wave when I drive by your mobile home in my aston martin. Seriously, the point of what I said is that you don't get anywhere if you don't challenge yourself. Paying private school tuition at an unknown, small, religious school doesn't make a lot of sense. Even with grants, if you get them, what's the point unless you go to a school with a good name? You want to argue with me about this, have at it. I'll win.



What makes you think I live in a mobile home?  I already graduated college, NCSU, and have a good job at a global company and dont drive the nicest car, but a relatively new Lincoln that I am happy with it and just bought my first house that I will be moving into come December.  And who said I didnt challenge myself? Just because I didnt go to an Ivy league school? 

And are you saying if you dont go to a great school you wont get a good job?  I know NCSU isnt the best school in the country but it is pretty damn good.  And the director at my global company is a fellow NCSU grad, and I am pretty sure since the company did a billion dollars in sales last quarter, that he probably drives a nice car.

And I didnt need grants to graduate from college, I had to work full time while going to school to pay for it.  And I am proud of that piece of paper that is still in the envelope in my closet. 
EDIT: DONT BE CALLING PEOPLE NAMES NOW.... THATS JUST TOO MUCH

Edited by ZippoZ (11/07/10 07:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Asheville, anyone? ToolTroll 1,565 11 02/20/05 08:38 AM
by ToolTroll
* places to visit in california? Quais 1,482 14 02/02/07 11:20 PM
by dshak66
* California is dead last in quality of life in the US.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Patlal 6,407 103 03/05/18 02:14 AM
by kent101
* Best college in Oregon
( 1 2 all )
Psy Baba 5,638 27 03/28/14 12:54 AM
by Psy Baba
* Anyone really like their college?
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 3,923 24 09/11/03 06:28 PM
by geokills
* Whats everyone think of Warren Haynes? Jim 1,374 15 04/13/04 12:11 PM
by Jim
* Is college worth it? RandalFlagg 1,047 10 01/19/05 10:56 PM
by infamous
* I'm officially a college graduate... and unemployed :D
( 1 2 all )
kake 2,772 20 05/18/06 09:59 PM
by biglo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,481 topic views. 1 members, 39 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.