Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: No condensation in terrarium?
    #13394 - 04/21/00 09:38 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like your set-up is fine. You probibly do not have condensation because of the air flow. A heater is not needed and should not be used in the terrarium setup. You are right no heater could also be why you have no condensation, if you had a heater the air inside would be warmer than the air outside this would cause the water in the air to condense on the sides of the tank.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: No condensation in terrarium? [Re: Humidity]
    #13396 - 04/21/00 11:43 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I think that PF mainly grows for prints and is not concerned primarily with optimum growth temp. parameters(that's why he says 70 deg.) 75-80 has not failed me yet.

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

Anonymous

#13397 - 04/21/00 11:49 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I your hygrometer digital? I had one that was very accurate that i used for cigars. But after about a week in a terrarium it would read 98% and when I placed a known calibrated analog in there, that one read 86%? I am assuming condensation screwed things up in the digital one. It used to match the analog when kept in the 70ish rH range but went tits up with the high humidity. Otherwise your setup sounds close to ideal. I use an air bubbler to cycle air for 2 hrs 3 times a day. One feed through water/perlite and one straight in.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #13398 - 04/21/00 05:03 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys.

Yes, my hygrometer is digital, but it seems to be a good one (was expensive enough too!). When I last attempted to grow (shrooms grew but I had immediate contam), it remained accurate for like 2 or 3 weeks before it started to freak out. I'm not gonna leave it in there forever anyway.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds