This is all fictional and imaginary in the legal sense. Utter imagination.
So I was chillin at the pad last night. Just got home from class, and I had just smoked this... well, not dank. Better than dank. Not headies. Better than that. I think it was a mix of this stuff called "shark" and this other stuff that resembled purple haze.
Stoned to the bone, I decide timing is right to dose.
 *GULP*
Then, I stared to watch fear and loathing, since it's a great movie and a good reference to how hard I'm tripping. Daaamn.
Then the movie ends. I'm not quite sure if it's the ending credits that is swirling and flowing, but then I guess I confirmed it was just me when I closed PowerDVD. The normal stare of the PC greeted me.
At this point, I stumbled into extreme euphoria that still is with me today. The idea that I was so content just sitting there in my chair, happy to exist, brought on extreme waves of strong emotion.
Every time I would think about changing the music, or actually *doing* something rather than stare into space in curious wonder regarding the world, I would immediately feel extremely happy because I felt so good doing nothing.
I could compare it to Maslov's developmental steps. More specifically, the last. Although I am far too young to be self-actualized, I truly felt this way in that section of the trip. I thought, I am so happy with living right now that I cannot bring myself to do anything because I am so satisfied with how I am at the moment, that I didn't need to stimulate myself with some preoccupation for mental distraction.
The emotion built up so strong, and I felt so happy, I began to cry. I felt connected to the idea of laughing so hard you cry. The extreme emotion present within me expressed all of those things I felt for that I had previously taken for granted.
One of the key thoughts in this trip was my family. I was so happy to have my family, and be blessed with the way things are. A plethora of mishaps, disappointments, and annoyances could not squelch my happiness at this time. And the happiness just kept coming... Tears streaming down my face because I am so filled with this happiness that I have pushed aside for so many months.
I can't remember ever having such a great trip. I was connected with my past, to the times when I was a child and the innocence was strong, creating a peaceful ignorance to the ever-present qualms of the world.
At this point, I was free to think the way an independent thinker should. Just as Emerson had stated, I had suddenly become <i>Man Thinking</i>, free from any influences upon the mind. Free from bias created by issues with the world. Self-actualization was mine, and I was peaceful.
But I cannot keep saying I "was" this and "was" that, because the feeling sticks with me today, and I can tell that this will be a trip to remember. The motivation, appreciation, and happiness should stick with me for weeks. When I begin to let the annoyances of the world irritate me, I will have this moment to look back on, reflect on, and neutralize my present negativity.
If the Declaration of Independence states that every man should have a right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, then the current laws governing these amazing compounds should be reconsidered. The sheer amount of peace and happiness given to one individual while using these compounds, may far surpass the happiness felt by another human being. That other person will never feel that pure happiness, because maybe they did not have a good childhood, or perhaps they do not have an open mind and do not use meditation techniques and compounds such as these.
And compounds like these should have a very pronounced place in society. They show people truth, connect them to their subconscious, integrate their thoughts, and assist in rehabilitating their minds from the endless disarray of a more complex world than any single human can comprehend.
Amazing, that something that is in the same cycle, striving to survive, can mysteriously contain a substance that can produce these effects. This is what spirituality is all about. And for the government to label these substances and anything containing them "illegal," I see no greater misjustice to the human mind. It is as if our government wants to limit provoking of thought, and expansion of mind. For me, it could seem as if they want to mute your happiness, and prevent you from seeing a light that you might otherwise be blind to.
Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 01:20 PM)
|