Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Trip Report: HWBR
    #1973193 - 10/02/03 04:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I submitted this trip report to erowid.org

Well, I bought some HBWR seeds online, along with some salvia and some A. Columbrina. Having smoked some of the salvia with no effect whatsoever, I was somewhat skeptical of the woodrose having much effect. Since I didn't have access to a real grinder, I crushed the first five or so and left them in water for half an hour. Suprisingly, the brew tasted pretty good. Waiting a while and having no effect, I chewed and swallowed three seeds (at around 3pm). I had heard that the effect kicks in in three hours. I waited until 5:30, and chewed another three. We were on our way to a sevendust concert, and most of this occurred in a car. In another hour or so, I started to feel SERIOUSLY high. The dramamine did a good job of keeping the nausea down, but some of the sluggishness I felt might have been on it's account. This was not a completely good high, it was bordering on too much. Things then started peaking. By the time we got into Providence for the concert, I was sitting by the window with an expression of wide-eyed wonder on my face. I was amazed at almost everything. When we got there, I was just starting at people, checking out how different everyone could be. Lots of strange and fanciful ideas flew through my head. I also heard some pretty interesting auditory hallucinations (more than I get on marijuana). It seemed at times that the random noise of the crowd before the show started wasn't at all random, that if I listened right, they could be heard to be speaking in some other language, all together. I also heard the crowd noise as a kind of music, it was pretty wild.

As the trip went on, i became more focused inwardly. I began to wonder what would happen if I somehow OD'd. I thought of Shulgin, and his experiements, and I figured I could be as brave as him. Another recurring theme to this experience was memories surfacing at random. As I'd look at a street, i'd remember something that happened in a scene like it in the past.

My frame of mind wasn't perfect. I was in a good mood at the time, but with a bad breakup only a week in the past, it provided a good mean target for my musings. Interestingly, the HBWR seemed to distance me from my emotions. I knew I felt sad, but aside from resolving to straighten my issues out when sober, it didn't get me down. I became aware, though, that i've been in a pretty large depression for the last week. I would have denied it if I had been asked sober, but I've been having some problems. As i tripped, I came to realize that I really need to fix these problems before they eat me up.

A word on physical side effects. The HBWR caused me some substantial pain in the legs and extremeties. I'm not sure if this was related to the ergot phenomenon "St. Anthony's Fire" but it sure felt like it. I suspect it was a circulation effect, because I first felt it when I stood up to get out of the car after sitting down for a long time. It got worse over the evening, but went away if I sat or layed down. According to M, one of my buddies, circulation is improved by moving around. Thus, throughout the night, i made myself walk, and flexed and massaged my various muscles, making the pain recede. No cottonmouth, no visual effects, just some painful legs. None of the other reports I've read have mentioned the pain effect. Perhaps this is the first mention of it.

This experience was not at all what I expected. I expected at least minor visual hallucinations, but got none. Perhaps it was a matter of dosage, but I'm only going down in how many I take in the future. (8+ hours is too much time high). I get more interesting visuals with Marijuana (hey, I don't have much tolerance for the stuff).

Final Verdict: Take that much HBWR only if you have time and a sitter, just in case. I had my buddies around, which was greatly helpful. HBWR (in my experience) is a great way to be introspective and rediscover your outlook.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: Trip Report: HWBR [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #1973636 - 10/02/03 07:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Good trip report.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: HWBR [Re: MisterKite]
    #1973771 - 10/02/03 08:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks.

My first ever, actually.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Trip Report: HWBR [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #1973887 - 10/02/03 08:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you don't feel effects for an hour than please do not take more. This goes for all drugs.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: HWBR [Re: SixCee]
    #1974652 - 10/03/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Please see my Salvia post on lessons learned.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports