Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia
    #1726016 - 07/17/03 10:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

After reading thePatient?s crazy trip report about Salvia, I decided to take a few precautions in preparation of my own dance with Lady Salvia. I decided not only to lock the door, but also to put a chair against the door (which is usually used to keep people out, but in this case, I wanted to keep me IN!). Since my house has what used to be a spare-bedroom, but is now empty, it makes the perfect place for Salvia experiences. I had smoked 3 previous times in it; the first getting some nice short lived effects, the second time was more of the same yet longer, and the third was just a mild ?stoned? feeling. I was hoping tonight would be the night for a breakthrough, and boy oh boy did it live up to my expectations!

I got my glass piece and loaded a medium sized hit of Salvia 5x. After keeping the flame on the extract, I inhaled deeply and tried to get it into my lungs. I noticed quite quickly that the effects were coming on a lot faster than previous times. I exhaled out the window and knew that it was time to put down my pipe! I laid back against the wall and took it all in. Very quickly my body became a spiral, similar to the pictures of galaxies that spiral out (EXACTLY like this one: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030524.html ). I could actually FEEL my body become the different layers of the spiral, very 3-d like. As always, the words don?t do the experience justice. The background noise of the air-conditioner and cars warped into what sounded like a broken record repeating ?Thank you, Salvia?. Of course, that prompted me to thank Salvia for what I was experiencing. :wink:

The ?illusion? started to wear off a bit as I opened my eyes a bit, but I stayed in it by focusing in on it. Since I wanted to explore Salvia as a meditation aid, I tried a form of meditation I do and that blasted me off where I felt weightless and blissful. Needless to say, I?m impressed by Salvia as a meditation aid (and more!). I started thinking about how I couldn?t wait to tell my friends about this experience, and write down what had happened (which is what I?m doing right now). Since I was now back to a more functional level, I went to my computer and started typing. It then occurred to me as I was writing, that we have all been given this gift, to alter our consciousness. To experience it all, life and everything it holds. Yes, it sounds like the kind of things you?d read in a cheesy inspirational calendar, but it?s true. We all have this power to create such amazing things that just go beyond awe. It?s not just the use of entheogens though, but whatever we create in life, whatever that may be.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: Twirling]
    #1726048 - 07/17/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

great to hear you had such a good trip without a sitter bro :smile:

salvia is definately a divine plant, and I think it has a lot to offer those who are ready for it.

oh and by the way, APOD rocks, I check it daily hehe :smile:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: Turd]
    #1726063 - 07/17/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What form of meditation were you doing? I want to try this soon.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: shakta]
    #1726140 - 07/17/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
great to hear you had such a good trip without a sitter bro :smile:

salvia is definately a divine plant, and I think it has a lot to offer those who are ready for it.

oh and by the way, APOD rocks, I check it daily hehe :smile: 

I agree with you 110%, Salvia is a divine plant with a lot to offer to those who are ready for it. Its a shame that knowledge of how to use them responsibly is so repressed.

And APOD does rock. Makes for some great Windows backgrounds :smile:

Quote:

shakta said:
What form of meditation were you doing? I want to try this soon. 

It's sort of a hybrid of meditation I would do while listening to music and third eye meditation. As I would get into a song, I'd close my eyes and I noticed that if I roll them around a bit, I felt very floaty and saw some colors. At some point, I read on this form about third eye meditation and some methods, and I tried them out along with my method. Try doing what I said above while also focusing your "energy" (a metaphor for inhaling deeply really) downward. It tends to increase those effects. I highly recommend listening to Tool's song "Third Eye" while doing that btw :wink:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #1726550 - 07/18/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im truly amazed at your experience after having mine. I tried to do the same with mine (closing the door to my room). Alas, i only opened it, then walked into madness. If i wasnt so caught up in my own insanity, i would have done as you did and meditated to calm myself down. Reflection and Meditation was the idea i had in mind.

My next salvia experience will be in an Open place where i can meditate peacefully.

Mark my words to those who want to try salvia, the experience can be described with these words: "you can run, but you cant hide". so go with the flow of your trip, because resisting it will lead to madness.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Offlinekhemfusion
battleaxewarrior

Loc: West Coast Canada
Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: thePatient]
    #1726839 - 07/18/03 03:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think if you feel it coming on, you should try and take another hit, just to push you over the edge into a truly amazing experience.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: khemfusion]
    #1727097 - 07/18/03 08:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

it was impossible for me to take another hit. by the time i cleared that bong, something happened. it was like unleashing something uncontrollable.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#1727220 - 07/18/03 10:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
It then occurred to me as I was writing, that we have all been given this gift, to alter our consciousness. To experience it all, life and everything it holds.

getting "f*cked up" isn't so much the primary objective anymore. altering conciousness...i wonder if this has something to do with our next step in evolution. it seems like more people are exploring to gain new perspectives on reality and personal insights on life.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Trip Report: Thank You, Salvia [Re: Viaggio]
    #1727323 - 07/18/03 12:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thePatient said:
im truly amazed at your experience after having mine. I tried to do the same with mine (closing the door to my room). Alas, i only opened it, then walked into madness. If i wasnt so caught up in my own insanity, i would have done as you did and meditated to calm myself down. Reflection and Meditation was the idea i had in mind.

My next salvia experience will be in an Open place where i can meditate peacefully.

Mark my words to those who want to try salvia, the experience can be described with these words: "you can run, but you cant hide". so go with the flow of your trip, because resisting it will lead to madness.

The idea of letting go and just taking it all in is the advice I read most often whenever there is a positive trip report. Salvia, along with DMT, are two entheogens which just take over and say "I'm in charge here." I don't think it's a coincidence that theses substances, which provide the experience of complete contradictions, contain the contradiction of the only way to control them is to not try and control them.

Good luck with your next Salvia trial. You?re wise to go to an open space and use meditation. Let us know how it goes!

Quote:

viaggio said:
getting "f*cked up" isn't so much the primary objective anymore. altering conciousness...i wonder if this has something to do with our next step in evolution. it seems like more people are exploring to gain new perspectives on reality and personal insights on life.

I really think so. People act out what they?re taught. If a person is raised with the mentality that ?drugs? are to get fucked up with, then that?s the way they?re going to approach them. It?s a complete self-fulfilling prophecy, if the only use is considered abuse, then that?s what the result will be. The internet certainly helped me understand how to get the most from ?drugs?, and how to avoid the pitfalls. I?m sure anyone who has posted here has learned things they would have never known or thought of. Information is extremely empowering, isn?t it?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports