Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Perpetual Energy Devices
    #1327721 - 02/22/03 11:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Seeing as how this forum is now including science talk, I thought I'd bring this up.

Has there been a working free energy device developed? Nikola Tesla made the first one as far as I know, and his patents for it were denied and he was confronted by 'agents' who told him to never release it. I know this would essentially eliminate the oil industry but that's a good thing for the long term right?

So what do you see for the future? When do you think we will perfect this technology and begin using it in our everyday lives. I give it ten years, max.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaxx
Random muppet.
 User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere but Elsewhere
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Shroomism]
    #1327915 - 02/23/03 02:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I read about a device a while ago, cant remember who invented it but it wasnt Nikola Tesla. It created negative energy which is said to freeze things rather than heat them when it runs through, it still heats lightbulb filaments for some reason though. I think it was from the zero point floating energy of space or something along those lines (I dont understand it). I dont believe that free energy devices will be availiable to the general public until all fossil fuels are gone and the oil companys lose their hold on the energy industry.

--------------------
If you were to draw a continuous straight line with a standard graphite pencil the line would stretch for 35 miles.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1328101 - 02/23/03 05:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have yet to hear of a free energy device that wasn't a fraud. I'll believe in it when I see one work with my own eyes and it is investigated by authoritative individuals.

Here is a quick page I found on the topic which mentions a few of the clear frauds in this area.

Does all that mean I think it's impossible? No, but I am going to be skeptical, especially since I know this is an area that has harbored frauds in the past.

If somebody somes up with the real thing it will be great. Except for the energy industry. And I won't mind seeing those bastards get theirs (Enron anybody?).

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Jaxx]
    #1328747 - 02/23/03 11:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It created negative energy which is said to freeze things rather than heat them when it runs through, it still heats lightbulb filaments for some reason though

Reason: it was a poorly-thought-out hoax.

OfflineJaxx
Random muppet.
 User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere but Elsewhere
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Xibalba]
    #1328888 - 02/23/03 12:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Furry muff.

--------------------
If you were to draw a continuous straight line with a standard graphite pencil the line would stretch for 35 miles.

InvisibleAltec79
Stranger
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Jaxx]
    #1330580 - 02/24/03 04:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think there is a viable perpetual energy device that is known to the general public. I know they have kept an electric current in a very efficent loop with superconductors at insanely low temperatures, but it was not perpetual and there was a measurable loss over time.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Altec79]
    #1335605 - 02/25/03 04:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:53 PM)

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1336229 - 02/25/03 09:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It seems your 10 year estimate could be quite accurate

Fusion

ITER Home Page

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1336456 - 02/26/03 12:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>Agree?

No.

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
    #1336498 - 02/26/03 01:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

<------ I think thats a free energy device there in my avatar...the searlcraft 

EDIT:  well, that was a searlcraft in my avatar...that is until i changed it :wink:

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Edited by psilo25 (03/09/03 10:42 AM)

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Anno]
    #1336943 - 02/26/03 05:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 08:53 PM)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1338858 - 02/26/03 07:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Eightball]
    #1339756 - 02/27/03 06:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Cool page.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Eightball]
    #1345752 - 03/01/03 07:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes very cool page

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1350131 - 03/04/03 12:56 PM (21 years, 30 days ago)

you might want to take a look at www.totse.com . a lot of people there that i think might enjoy discussions with shroomery members but a lot that probably wouldnt at all, but anyway. i bet theyve already came up with such machines, but anyone who made an attempt has been iradicated. it would mean too much of a loss to the oil companies. one day the govt. will claim that its scientists have discovered a brave new way making energy, thats pollution free and all nice. but of course we all know the govt. is full of crap. but it wont matter then, any attempts to say that it was someone else who had actually come up with the device will be seen in society as crazy or just another conspiracy theory. i heard not too long ago on the news that a guy in ireland or england was workign on a perpetual energy machine, but i havent seen any updates. totse has some interesting stories of scientists doing some crazy research and being raided or harassed by officials. who knows though really, too much disinformation to really get a grasp of this subject. but it shouldnt really matter now, the oil companies know what is going to happen. they are probably already working on monopolizing the techniques and information for such energy devices. think of the arch of the covenant, its said that if you stick it in between these point in, the pyramids of giza? that a huge energy will be released. maybe the arch is just a switch for tapping into the universal energy and channeling it into a source. i mean thats all we do now but a much less efficient way. nuclear fission, chemical reactions, etc. its would be sooo much more useful and humanitarian to simply channel the energy that is all around and everywhere, but the oil companies would be out! there would be no more world hunger, unless despots ruled the materials to construct the machines. so much could be solved if only energy were unlimited and unrestricted, well maybe not but thats branching too far off. who knows, i sure dont have any solid proof, but common sense is a powerful tool. i dont see why it would be so ludicrous to think that channeling energy is such an unlikely occurance.

--------------------
What?

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1357671 - 03/08/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Im going to have to dissagree with all of you, except the person who said such things may be 10 years off, although i think its more like 35-40 years (hopefull), or possibly never in our lifetime (which is more likly)

While technology has come far, to make such a device 2 simple things would need to be met, i say simple because they are very simple concepts, but removing them is another story.

Friction and Electrical Resistance

Considering air creates a tremendious ammount of friction all on its one, let alone any type of bearing or magnet, and any kind of electrical junction, (IE: any place two points connect) and even the smallest (say .00000001cm ammount of wire (even if we are talking the kind of wire that costs millions for a few cm's) has a resistance value

I belive anyone that has come up with one of these is a fruad, or just havnt done as extensive testing as they thought.

The reason the government wont except patants on such devices is because while the did they would receive so many, and none ever worked. Although i wouldnt put it past them to do so because of oil, but that wouldnt make much sense either... why continue to spend money on oil, even if they are reselling it for a higher price, why spend money to make a bit more? instead of having infinete power and making a lot more off of it?

Selling Price - Cost = Profit

So lets just use made up numbers and look at the difference in profit:

Oil:

$100 - $40 = $60 Profit

Infinant Energy:

100 - $10 = $90 profit? (gotta cost something for maintnece and such)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1361581 - 03/09/03 10:31 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

How about a perpetual motion machine involving capillary action?

The liquid rises up fine tubes, comes out the top, and flows back down.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1361640 - 03/09/03 11:59 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

All those machines are supposed to work by converting energy from one form to another (or from one energy level to another and back), and in addition to this the should produce surplus energy.

Ok, let?s assume one could convert the energy form to another without any losses.(which is not the case, but let?s assume it)

Lossless energy transformation:

Let?s make an example: Instead of using the term Energy, let?s take something that is more an everyday situation.

Let?s take a full bottle of beer and an empty identical one.

Now pour the content of the full bottle into the empty one. If you are careful, and you don?t spill any beer, then the second bottle will have as much beer in it as the first.

And now comes the part that is very obvious by itself, but many people don?t want to believe it:
You are thirsty. You again pour the beer from one bottle to the other, but every-time you do it, you take a nip from the beer.

After you have done this 20 times, what will happen?
The bottles will be both empty......

Edited by Anno (03/10/03 02:15 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Perpetual Energy Devices [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1361733 - 03/10/03 02:03 AM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

i bet theyve already came up with such machines, but anyone who made an attempt has been iradicated. it would mean too much of a loss to the oil companies.

Imagine that someone invented such a machine. Why would such an invention be iradicated? The inventor could be in trouble but if an oil company gets in possesion of such thing why not release it? It would be much more profitable then oil. And by hiding it they'd risk that competition develops and starts selling it.

I'm quite sure it hasn't been invented. I would be very surprised even if someone seriously researches such things. Doesn't common sense tell you that you cannot get something from nothing?

Edited by zeronio (03/10/03 02:05 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1363474 - 03/10/03 02:34 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, basic physics. I understand that.

It's also theoretically impossible to turn heat energy into a higher form of energy unless you have an area of higher heat, and an area of lower heat as some of the heat moves from the hot side to the cold side some of it can be converted to, say, electricity.

So My Idea of an air-conditioner that produces a surplus of energy probably wouldn't work.  :frown:

But the capillary action machine seems like it would work, but where would the energy be coming from?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom