Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Recipe Thread * 4
    #13181845 - 09/11/10 08:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Post your recipes here.  Any recipe with mushrooms in it qualifies.  They don't even have to be the main ingredient.

One of my projects for this winter is to make a few mushroom cooking videos and have them free on my website.  Lots of people have no idea how to go about cooking mushrooms.  At any rate, post your favorite recipes here, and if I use any of them on my website, I'll give credit to whomever credit is due.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: RogerRabbit] * 1
    #13181875 - 09/11/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Mrs Rabbit's Beef Stroganoff

2 pounds lean boneless sirloin or bottom round, trimmed of fat and gristle.

2 teaspoons salt

½ teaspoon ground pepper

4 tablespoons butter

1 medium onion, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon flour

1 tablespoon Dijon-type mustard

½ cup dry white wine

2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)

1 tablespoon minced onion

½ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons dry white wine

1 cup sour cream, preferably warmed

Cut the meat into ½-inch-thick slices and then pound with tenderizing mallet until meat is ¼” thick. Cut meat into 2” by ½” slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.

Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a deep, heavy frying pan. Add the sliced onion and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Add meat to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, turning beef slices constantly so that they are evenly browned on all sides.

Stir in flour and mustard and cook, stirring constantly, for one more minute. Add the ½ cup of wine and optional tomato paste. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.

In another frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the Shiitake mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of wine and cook for 2 more minutes; mushrooms should still be firm. At this point add minced onions and cook with the mushrooms until tender.

Add mushrooms, onions, and their liquid to pan containing the meat. Check seasonings and stir in sour cream. Over lowest possible heat, simmer for about 5 minutes to heat dish through. Do not boil. Serve over a bed of hot cooked rice or pasta, with green vegetables on the side. Serves 4-6.

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepunkin
Friend of a Friend Who seems OK
Male

Loc: Northern NSW Orstrayllya Flag
    #13182340 - 09/11/10 10:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

My absolute favourites for both the kings and shitakes are to lightly brown sliced mushrooms in sesame oil and butter with some cracked pepper and salt.

Then add them to a strong clear homemade chicken broth with some sliced chicken meat, couple of big prawns, ginger, chilli, char sui sauce for sweetness and sliced shallotts. Simmer for 1 minute till prawns have just turned slight pink but are still not quite cooked (they'll continue cooking as they cool in the broth).

Put some pickled ginger, some parsley, some green onion and some soy sauce in a bowl and pour the soup over.....

Kim Chee is also a great addition.

Even tops for breakfast.:thumbup:

Bestest ever way i've eaten mushroom and i've tried a lot of ways.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

InvisibleBase Icks
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomshire Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: punkin] * 2
    #13183470 - 09/12/10 08:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

I think it would be cool if someone searched the forums for recipes and posted their findings in here.

Edited by Base Icks (09/12/10 09:06 AM)

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Base Icks] * 1
    #13183959 - 09/12/10 11:10 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Beef and mushroom goulash

500g lean beef, cut in small cubes
500g mixed mushrooms, cut into small slices
a handfull of dry boletes
two large onions
two large carrots
two fresh chilly peppers (depends on your preference, I use cayenne, you can use something more or less spicy)
3 dl red wine
350 ml of tomato sauce
3 table spoons of flour
salt, pepper
sunflower oil

Put the onions, carrots and peppers through a food processor. Heat the oil in a large pot (5+ liters is best), put in the onions, carrots and peppers. Leave them for 10 minutes, constantly stirring. Then put in the meat, saute for 20 minutes or until  all liquid evaporates. Add half of the wine, saute until it evaporates, then add mushrooms. Again, until all liquid evaporates. When it becomes fairly dry, add the flour, stir fast, let it blend into the mixture, then add the tomato sauce, rest of the wine and 1 liter of water. Crush the boletes in your hand and put them in. Put the lid loosely on, and cook for an hour and a half on low to medium heat stirring occasionally. After enough time has passed, try the meat to see if it's cooked, add salt, pepper, tabasco,  parsley, depending on your taste. You can always add more water or flour if you think it's too dry/runny.
You can also make it without meat, just with mushrooms, but then it's best to substitute the water with beef broth.
This dish can be served with pasta, fresh bread or mashed potato. This is one of my absolute favorites, to eat and to make! I hope you enjoy it!

I'll also put an amazing chantarelle casarolle when I find the recipe.

Amazing thread by the way! :super:

Offlinenexus1946
Rebel
 User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Tangich] * 1
    #13184102 - 09/12/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Spicy Battered Mushrooms with Ranch Dipping Sauce

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fajita seasoning, Southwestern seasoning, or Old Bay seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
4 cups vegetable oil
10 ounces shiitake or oyster mushrooms, stems removed

In a small bowl, combine flour, backing soda and seasoning.

In another small bowl stir together the egg and buttermilk using a fork.

Stir the two mixtures until combined.

In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil to about 350F or until small bubbles form around bits of the batter when dropped into hot oil.

Using tongs, dip mushroom caps in the batter to cover and place mushroom into hot oil.

Fry mushrooms until they're a golden brown.

Remove and serve with Ranch Dipping Sauce.

Serves 4 to 6.

Ranch Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning, Southwestern seasoning, or Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and serve with battered mushrooms.

--------------------
Gypsum/Drywall Tek
The Story Of Russell The Texas (Cube) Bear

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
-Arnold J. Toynbee

Invisiblejokefox
Top of the chain
Male User Gallery

Loc: never where I should be
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: nexus1946] * 1
    #13189761 - 09/13/10 02:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

deep fried mushrooms the stoner way

make some pancake batter mix , as the side of the box will tell you how

cover your mushroom with some flour , dip in the batter mix, then roll into crushed up ritz crackers
and deep dry, also very good with onions , who doesent love onion rings or anything deep fried for that matter

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western NY
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: jokefox] * 2
    #13196031 - 09/14/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This one is awesome.
I've cooked mushrooms lots of different ways, and IMHO I've never topped this flavor combination for buttons, oysters, shiitakes...

1 lb mushrooms chopped or whole
1 small roughly chopped onion
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce
1 tsp each dried oregano, thyme, and  basil

Mix it all up and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by 1/2.

Edited by flugelizor (09/14/10 07:10 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: flugelizor] * 1
    #13196146 - 09/14/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds good.  I'm assuming you then mix the mushrooms into your favorite dish?  At least that's what I'd do.  I don't care much for mushrooms by themselves, but in a dish they're great.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Offlineflugelizor
Furious ball of nothing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western NY
    #13196186 - 09/14/10 07:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You could do that. or over rice.
Try whole buttons as an appetizer or side dish.
I have done them with toothpicks at a buffet or cocktail party.

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: flugelizor] * 1
    #13197977 - 09/15/10 06:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great recipe, flugelizor! :super:
Just as a suggestion, you could try adding some tomato sauce OR sour cream and cheese if you like, it gives it "fullness", with tomato sauce it goes great with beef, rice or pasta, and with cream it's best with chicken, pasta or by itself.

OfflineNaz
Fungal Infection
 User Gallery

#13250115 - 09/26/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have a big family so I always have to make bulk meals. the best one i make is stroganoff...a cple nights before I make a roast in my pc...cook it for two hrs at 10 psi...falleyaparty is the best word to descibe the roast. no pc do up in a crock for 2 hrs on high and 6-8 hrs on low. have roast meal season however you like..cant go wrong in a crock.

cple days later use left over roast for stroganoff....my step daughter loves the stuff! make it with dbl the sour cream (even tho sour cream by itself makes her gag and complain) she will eat more then me! on that note i tried to make stroganoff with beef tips like your sposed to...and no one liked it...not even my old lady... the power of a pc...dont know how i lived without it

anybody else like left over turkey spaghetti?...replace burger with leftover turkey...fucken NOM NOM NOM

point of my story...made up some sautee cubes and tossed em into my stroganoff...buttons for the family of course....all i can say is YUMMY!!!!WOAH!!

Edited by Naz (09/26/10 04:52 PM)

OfflineCulland
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Naz] * 1
    #13278631 - 10/02/10 07:21 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

As a video suggestion I know the thing I would love to see is someone showing how to cook boletes. I have tried them a number of times and just find them a slimy, tasteless mess and always assumed I am preparing them wrong.

Cul

InvisibleTangich

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Culland] * 1
    #13278663 - 10/02/10 07:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That's the main problem with boletes, especially older ones. IME the best thing you can do is dry them, that way they loose the sliminess, but retain their aroma. I personally like the taste of dry ones much better than fresh. Reconstitute them in warm water and use in any dish. Ofcourse, it's quite a bit of work slicing and drying them, I colected about 40 pounds this year and it's pretty much all I've been doing for the past week. But belive me, it's worth it, they can last for several years if stored properly (in an air tight glass jar).

InvisibleMonkeyKnifeFight
Stranger
 User Gallery

#13339654 - 10/15/10 10:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys I was going over to my neighbor's house the other day and had some hericium ready to harvest so I wanted something simple to highlight the flavor.  This is what I did:

1 egg
2 tbs milk (I used soy milk)
1 puffball of hericium
wheat germ (could also use bread crumbs)
oil for frying

I mixed the egg and milk in a bowl.  Poured some what germ into a plastic bag.  Heated up a bunch of oil in a cast iron(optional) pan for frying.  You want the oil pretty damn hot so you don't end up with greasy shrooms but not so hot you completely destroy them.  Then I simply spliced the hericium up, dipped the pieces in the batter mix and threw them in with the wheat germ to cover them.  Then you want to fry them for a VERY SHORT amount of time.  I did less than a minute then flipped and did another 30 seconds or so.  The minute you walk away to do something else while they're cooking you've already lost :wink:

These were really delicious fresh out of the pan.  Highlighted the mushroom flavor well especially the chunks that were a bit meatier.  Of course as they cooled they got a little less awesome as fried treats tend to.

OfflineWirenut
Captivity
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Gulf Coast Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: MonkeyKnifeFight] * 1
    #13341475 - 10/15/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Mushroom Baked Potato

4 potatos
12 oz Pepper Bacon - diced into lardons (from your butcher)
10-16 oz Mushrooms (you pickem)
1/4 cup of brandy
1 cup organic heavy cream
1 tsp cornstarch to thicken
Butter for potatoes

Get your potatoes baking in foil (you can rinse, rub with olive oil and coarse kosher salt if you want).. lightly brown the bacon, add mushrooms into the bacon and grease and sautee.. once they're cooked right, take them off the heat and LET IT COOL DOWN a few minutes.. add brandy and light it on fire!  If too hot, the brandy will bubble in the grease and infuse throughout the sauce.. you'll also have nothing to light on fire!  (And it won't come out right - use a grill lighter be safe).. once the fire dies out, add a cup of heavy cream and stir.. teaspoon of cornstarch and stir (alternatively you can slurry up the cornstarch in a tbsp of water and then add).. then return to heat on med-low to low.. you don't want to let it boil but you want it to cook through and thicken so watch it..

Now the sauce is done, bust your potatoes open and stuff em with butter, then pour evenly into your potatoes..

Note:  my butchers pepper bacon is really peppery.. if you can't find this or could do without the kick (which compliments the potato imo) then use regular bacon and add a tbsp of drenched green peppercorns..

The way I've described however is the best baked potato I've ever eaten and a regular meal around here.. the way the mushrooms play with the bacon and peppercorn sauce is absolutely divine...

Anyway, I'm gettin' choked up here.. enjoy!

Offlineholistic
Stranger
Loc: southern california
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Base Icks] * 1
    #13349975 - 10/17/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like a good recipe as I just got me some Reishi's and Shiitake Mushrooms.  I'm not sure if i'm supposed to referigerate them or not?  I also have used the shiitake on salads with olive oil and vinegar and they are pretty good like that.

--------------------
Jay Cruise Holistic Practitioner

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: holistic] * 1
    #13350461 - 10/17/10 11:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:nothingtoadd:
Nothing yet...ill get my girl on a recipe...

OfflineWirenut
Captivity
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Gulf Coast Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: total] * 1
    #13350888 - 10/18/10 01:51 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

total said:
:nothingtoadd:
Nothing yet...ill get my girl on a recipe...

Pussy :wink:

InvisibleFernandoCastro
Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: Recipe Thread [Re: Wirenut] * 1
    #13351731 - 10/18/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A classic recipe: Beef Wellington
Tested and fully approved (I did this with diced and sauteed oysters instead)

It´s easier and lazier learning from the video.
Try with salmon (and skip the bacon/ham coating) as alternative.

Enjoy

--------------------
www.cogusbox.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag