Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: trampis] * 1
    #13066411 -

trampis said:
Yes, I should have been wearing my 'corrective lenses'. Seriously though, my sight is fine and I am going to have that restriction taken off my license. I can see just as well with no glasses as my wife can see with them. I drive better too..



Doesn't matter. You were driving without corrective lenses when your license obviously said you needed them. If you can pass a basic eye exam that the DMV gives you, then you are cherry.

As for the seat belt, you have to wear it correctly or it doesn't count. Sorry dude. Wearing a seatbelt under your shoulder can cause a hell of a lot more harm than wearing one correctly. I've never broken most of my ribs, but I'd imagine it's a pretty painful experience.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13066453 -

WakeboardrB said:
Cops have certain days every 2-3 weeks that they are expected to be in court to uphold their tickets. It's part of their job. They just can't skip out on it.




it still happens even without health issues, I've had a couple that were tossed because the cop didnt show

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: maerigan]
    #13066459 -

lady tramp said:
:lol:

A) seatbelt is attached to back of chair. no matter where you move the chair, seatbelt stays in the same place.




seat belts are never attached to the seat, they have to be mounted to
something that's permanently fixed, the floor and the top bear the B
pillar are normally it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13066476 -

yeah, cops are douchebags.

onetime, i was returning from a night of partying at the beach when a new hampshire cop stopped me at a ticket booths right before the highway.

he gave me a $50 dollar ticket for not wearing a seat belt and being under 18.

what he didn't know, was that i was in the car illegally, because i was driving with my friend's sister who hadnt had her license for 6 months yet.

and i had a bottle of blueberry vodka in my bag, along with some stolen clothes. HA!


--------------------


it truly is an illusion- your senses are just perceiving the varying vibrations in different ways- its holography; a representation.

"Nothing" is easy - Mooji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13066479 -

I've been in a few cars where the seat belt is attached to something in the ceiling of the car that slides when you move your seat.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #13066485 -

Hahaha omg, I am with you dude, you got fucked. Everyone giving you shit needs to fucking chill, shit happens and that cop did not need to give you that much shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: benton]
    #13066510 -

Just need to clear this up..



Clearly attached to the seat..

:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: benton]
    #13066520 -

That's because they don't want to have to clean up your guts all splattered along the roads.



That jeep, notice how the windshield is somehow on the top of the vehicle?  I rolled it at 60mph into a field.  I scratched my hands up on the ground as it rolled, and bumped my head on the crushed in roof, but all in all, I lived with no serious injury, just minor and some shock.

If I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt, I bet you I would have been crushed under the vehicle in the roll process.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Maverick]
    #13066534 -

I WAS FUCKING WEARING A SEAT BELT GOD DAMN IT

:kingcrankey:

The seat belt was on properly, until being pulled over.

At which point, I stuck my arm over the belt because it is fucking annoying and I was getting my license ready for the prick.

:facepalm:


--------------------

Edited by trampis (08/17/10 09:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: trampis]
    #13066550 -

trampis said:
Just need to clear this up..



Clearly attached to the seat..

:shrug:



where's the mounting point in the back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: trampis]
    #13066564 -

You had the chest strap under your arm?

Fail :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Chubba]
    #13066567 -

Chubba said:
You had the chest strap under your arm?

Fail :crankey:




yes, after his trial whether he's found guilty or not they need to execute
him on the courthouse lawn, set an example for all the other no seatbelt
wearing mother fuckers out there!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13066625 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Chubba said:
You had the chest strap under your arm?

Fail :crankey:




yes, after his trial whether he's found guilty or not they need to execute
him on the courthouse lawn, set an example for all the other no seatbelt
wearing mother fuckers out there!



:minigun:  :dead:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: citricacidx]
    #13066665 -

Wearing your seat belt shouldn't be mandatory. It's my safety,why should anyone be able to tell me I have to be safe.

Children should obviously wear seat belts though, I am all for that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13066670 -

WakeboardrB said:
Deekay said:
I've gotten that ticket before. I tell you what, I always wear my seat belt correctly now! :tongue2:



I always wear my seatbelt. I always did since I first started driving. And an accident 6 years ago solidified my stance on seatbelts.





You see the shattered windshield? That's where my friend cracked it with his head. Bent the steering wheel severely and he had a mild concussion and had to get glass pulled out of his forehead.

Fortunately we only hit the tree at 20-25mph.



Would not have happened if his air bag went off.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: The Vapor]
    #13066672 -

Because it costs money to scrape you off the street when you get in an accident.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: trampis]
    #13066682 -

trampis said:
Even though I was fucking wearing one!

So I'm on my way to pick up books because I am going back to school this fall, and I see a state trooper on the other side of the road.
I'm driving the speed limit, no worries. I look in the rear view and see this asshole bust a U in traffic and speed up so he can get behind me. I'm approaching a red light and this asshole is flying up behind me, driving like a complete idiot. The light changes and I move on, proceeding to get in the left lane because I am driving slow anyhow. BOOM! Lights go on, so I pull over.

He tells me he pulled me over because I was not wearing my seat belt. I was wearing a seat belt and pulled on it to show him. He says I am wearing it 'improperly' because I have the strap that goes across your chest tucked under my arm (because it rubs the shit out of my neck). Then he ask if I am wearing corrective lenses, which I am not.

"well you're just running into all kinds of trouble today aren't you.."
  :ifyoucanawe:

So he sees that my wife is wearing glasses and tells me we should switch because she is wearing her 'corrective lenses like she should', blabla. He doesn't even check her license. For all he knows she could have had her license revoked for drinking and driving or some shit.

Anyways, he gives me a ticket for no seat belt (even though I was fucking wearing one), and a warning for no corrective lenses (which I really don't need and will be going to the DMV to have that restriction taken off my license).

How the fuck does that make sense?

Endangering no one for notwearing a seat belt (even though I was)

Or not wearing corrective lenses.. :shrug:

I think that asshole just pulled me over because I have a beard, and he wanted to see if I was up to anything suspicious.

DWB

Driving While Bearded.

Fuck pigs.

:facepalm3:



you think thats bad?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12949203

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13066690 -

Prisoner#1 said:
WakeboardrB said:
Cops have certain days every 2-3 weeks that they are expected to be in court to uphold their tickets. It's part of their job. They just can't skip out on it.




it still happens even without health issues, I've had a couple that were tossed because the cop didnt show



That nay have been common in the 80's old man, but these days cops are required to go to court just as they are required to show up to their shifts.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13066895 -

You actually got very lucky.

A cop CAN pull you over for wearing your seat-belt wrong, and give you no seat belt ticket. Sucks, but it's how the law works.

The fact that he didn't give you POINTS on your license for your I.D saying you need glasses, is were you are lucky!
Your insurance would have gone up, and you would have taken Defensive driving just to get the points off.

Honestly? Stop bitching.

I know you keep saying
"Im going to DMV to have it taken off my license blah  blah blah!"

The problem is, it's on your license right now.

So be thankful all you got was a seat-belt ticket.

Jesus people. Everything's gotta be worse then it is huh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: got a ticket for no seat belt.. [Re: Eshu]
    #13066943 -

GTFO


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Seat belt laws
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LearyfanS 8,715 94 06/01/11 05:10 PM
by 4runner
* Do You Wear Seat Belts?
( 1 2 3 all )
DiploidM 2,889 44 02/25/07 02:32 PM
by Ripple
* My unjust ticket Tasty_Smurf_House 905 13 08/02/06 03:40 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Do you wear seatbelts?
( 1 2 all )
DeadPhan 3,607 35 06/17/05 01:37 PM
by buckwheat
* i just got a ticket 4 talkin on the cell fone while driven
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 1,488 23 08/08/08 06:14 AM
by zSDMF
* Speeding Ticket hailtothethief 695 5 02/10/08 02:19 PM
by antiPock
* Did anybody get Phish tickets through the lottery?
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,632 31 03/25/09 12:07 PM
by Krishna
* tickets.com highoman 583 2 02/21/06 05:28 PM
by highoman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,409 topic views. 7 members, 22 guests and 147 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.