Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!!
    #1303897 - 02/12/03 09:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My best friend Sammie is in a coma since Sunday. I've know her and her family for about 5 years now, and I lived with them for a few years too. I moved out of state a while ago, but I still keep in touch all the time. Anywa I come home, and I check my E-mail, only to find this E-mail "urgent sammie on ventilator in hospital"
I started freaking out, We are the best of friends, and I love her very much. We had soo many fun times, it's unbelievalble, Samm, Another frind and me were the original crew, then more and more added, but the pont is, that even if she makes it through this, the doctors say they don't know how much brain damage she has sustained.

This is what I have heard from her mom so far, but she was going on 2 days with no sleep.

She said that Sammie and her brother were supposed to go somewhere, but she felt a pain in her chest, or she had trouble breathing, so she wanted to lay down a bit before they headed out. So she did, whem her brothethe went to check on her, she was blue, and had no pulse, She was dead. This was only about 10 minutes after she went to lay down. He quickly performed CPR on her, and got her breathing again. Then the ambulance came, and took her to the hospital, they tested her for drugs, but it came back clean, except for bud of course, but in this case hardly the culprit. They have no clue what happened to her, and can;'t tell us much. Her mom said that she would come to once in a while in the past day, but she didn't look like she was all there. I hope to God that she recovers from this, with very little damage, if any at all. I'm thinking of flying up to see her, but I'm kind of tight on money, but I feel like I really have to.

Anyways I just had to let that out. I spent last night thinking about the good ol times, and crying. God I love that girl. I hope all will be well.

Peace,
ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: ISH]
    #1303919 - 02/12/03 09:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My thoughts are with you ISH, i hope that sammie can pull through this :frown:

take care, try to get your mind off of this though i know it's hard...

feel free to post your thoughts if you've got any to let out some steam ok?

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: boO]
    #1303942 - 02/12/03 09:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the support, I'm just so afraid of having her turn into a vegetable. I just talked to her on friday, and she sounded so happy, now she's in a coma. Life takes some strange twists.
The worst thing is noone knows what happened, and the doc sais to do more tests, and shit she needs to be awake and responsive. they are feeding her through a tube, and they said they are having problems with her stomach, but I din't catch exactly what. i have to call her mom tommorow, and find out more.

Thanks for the support. I guess I'll have to have faith that all will go right. But also keep in mind that life isn't always fair.

ISH

--------------------

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1303991 - 02/12/03 10:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hope sammie pulls throught this mate.
Im sending a few good karma thoughts in her direction :smile:
and sending my love to her family.

--------------------
er

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#1304008 - 02/12/03 10:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's very unusual indeed...keep us updated on how she's doing...

Invisibleadrug

#1304234 - 02/13/03 12:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that's awful. I'll be praying for your friend and her family. :frown: 

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1304671 - 02/13/03 04:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hope she gets better..

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1304782 - 02/13/03 05:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hope everything turns out well.Be sure to keep us posted on her progress.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

#1304912 - 02/13/03 06:11 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Shit. Thats fucked up. I hope everything turns out ok. Hang in there, man.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: ]
    #1304951 - 02/13/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i hope she will be fine my friend.. all of us here,wish the best for her

OfflineChills420 version2
Poo Pie Maker

#1305018 - 02/13/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dude go get on a plane.
When my dad went to the ER for a heat stroke my parents told me not to worry he would be fine. He even told me that.
I lost my dad the next day and will never forgive myself for not being there.
I was a only child and wish more than anything i had been there to comfort my dad.
This is something I have to carry with me 4ever now and i wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Go be with your friend who knows it might even help her out some

--------------------

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: Chills420 version2]
    #1305344 - 02/13/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Than you all very much for the kind words, thoughts, prayers, and karma. Keep it comming. I'm sure if enough people put their possitive energy towards this things will work out.

i talked to her mom and brother today, but they say she's still not very responsive, but they are trying to ween her off of the respirator. Also they have given her some, medicine to take care of her stomach problems, I believe she said Nexium(AKA the purple pill), as well as others which I do not remember.

Also Her mom told me that she responds to her brothers requests, like when he asks her to squeaze his finger, but she quickly falls back unconscious. However she doesn't really put forth an effort when asked by the doctors, expecially one, which her mom sais she doesn't car for too much (he's very negative from what I hear).

I am soo very happy to see all the responses to this thread, it's amaizing to see people, who do not even know her, show such caring and compassion. thank you all very much, and I'm sure her mother thanks you too. I will forward this thread to them, and hopefully Sammie will be able to see all the people that care for her, even strangers, when she gets better. I hope.
Thnak you all very much for the support.

Quote:

dude go get on a plane.
When my dad went to the ER for a heat stroke my parents told me not to worry he would be fine. He even told me that.
I lost my dad the next day and will never forgive myself for not being there.
I was a only child and wish more than anything i had been there to comfort my dad.
This is something I have to carry with me 4ever now and i wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Go be with your friend who knows it might even help her out some

I feel you man. I to lost my father at a young age, to a tumor in his voicebox. he eventually suffocated as it got bigger. This was in Romania, we didn't really have any access to good meds, or good doctors for that matter of fact.

I really want to go, but it's gonna be close to impossible to pull off, unless I take grayhound and that's like a 3-4 day trip. I already did it once, and it was horrible. I will try my best to go visit, but I'm aslo running on broke. God I hope I can somehow pull it off. I believe that it might help her if I come up. I will try.

Thanks to all for the kind words,
ISH

--------------------

Edited by ISH (02/13/03 09:44 AM)

Anonymous

#1305380 - 02/13/03 09:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oh ISH, that is awful. :frown:

I wish you all the best and you as much positive energy for you and Sammie and her family. :frown:

Please let us know how it goes.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1305649 - 02/13/03 11:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Damn man, that is horrible. Well try your hardest to get up to see her, And in the meantime know that we are all thinking of you both. Good luck man.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineTwIg
Pariah
Male

Loc: IL USA
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: Skikid16]
    #1306528 - 02/13/03 06:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

She's in my prayers, to let you know. I hope everything turns out okay! When you have time, please let us know how she is doing!

I'd like to say something that'd make you feel better, but i just don't know what to say, except GET THE FUCK UP THERE!! HITCHHIKE IF YOU HAVE TO!! WHERE ARE YOU? I'LL STEAL A DAMN CAR AND DRIVE YOU! ... I MEAN... BORROW, A CAR.  I'm not joking, where are you?  :frown:

--------------------

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! CRITICAL CONDITION!!!! [Re: TwIg]
    #1311502 - 02/16/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hi everyone, I'm going to call Samm's mom today, check up on her, see what's new. I'll let everyone know how she's doing. I'm hoping for the best. I hope she's off the respirator, that'll be a good sign. Ok I will update later.

PEace,
ISH

--------------------

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #1311964 - 02/16/03 01:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I hope everything turns out for the better man I really do!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1312487 - 02/16/03 05:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, ISH, that's pretty rough. I can't even immagine what you're going through. I think what must be worse is not knowing what's wrong. I too am sending some good karma your's and Sammie's way. Hope everything turns out alright. Keep us posted. Hang in there bud.  :frown:

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! UPDATE 2/23/02 [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1328891 - 02/23/03 12:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

WoooHOOOOOOOO,

I checked My e-mail today and this is the letter I got from Sammies mom:

Quote:

Hi ish, just a note to give you an update, for my birthday yesterday sammie used a cup and a spoon, albeit not very well, but she is trying, then she went to physical therapy and took a few steps on the parallel bars. we are now waiting for the rehab hospital to accept her. the drug test showed mdma, which we both know is probably impossible to get around here so we just don't know. hope you are well, send me the link for sammie when you can. gotta get back there. love steph. ps. i will be there all day today, call me if you can.

YEA BABY

She's on her way to recovery. I need to call her mom up, haven't talekd to her in a few days. But damn SHE TOOK A COUPLE OF STEPS!!!! I'm so frickin happy.

Also I prolly won't be able to make it up to see her, untill May or June. But It's for sure though. My other friends parent are gonna buy me and my sis a ticket to come up and visit. So it's in the bag.

ISH

Miss you Sammie, Can't wait to see you. Love ISH

--------------------

Edited by ISH (02/23/03 12:31 PM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Best Friend is on a respirator!!! UPDATE 2/23/02 [Re: ISH]
    #1329710 - 02/23/03 07:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's great news man. good to hear.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom