Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinea.llama
Stranger
Re: Greenhouse, Monotub, Doubletub... Whats best for fruiting. [Re: FooMan]
    #12981632 - 07/31/10 04:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Quote:

a.llama said:
Quote:

Doc_T said:
Are you spawning cakes to compost?

Each bag is 3 qt verm, 1.5 qt wild bird seed flour, 5 cups water mixed with .5 cup gypsum 3 tbsp spent coffee grounds.

I was gonna spawn 2 bags to 20 lbs horse manure and straw in a tub.  Giving me 5 tubs

I would make regular PF cakes sterilized in a pot and use those as your spawn material until you get a PC. Bags with any kind of grain in them (ground or whole) really should be PC'd. The amount of substrate you typically put in a bag makes it almost neccessary since it takes so long to get the core temperature up to sterilization levels. Get your cakes colonized, pasteurize your bulk sub (with no grains mixed in), then break up your cakes and mix it all together.

I used the pot sterilization method on the bags.  After the water started to boil I left the bags in for 90 min.  And for the last 30 min or so I turned the temp all the way up on the stove.  I am hoping the core of the bags reached a high enough temp to kill any contams.  I am leaving the bags to sit for a week before I inoculate them to try and see if there is any sign of contams.  If there is no sign of contams I will go ahead with inoculation and see how it works its self out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Greenhouse, Monotub, Doubletub... Whats best for fruiting. [Re: a.llama]
    #12982137 - 07/31/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

a.llama said:
I used the pot sterilization method on the bags.  After the water started to boil I left the bags in for 90 min.  And for the last 30 min or so I turned the temp all the way up on the stove.  I am hoping the core of the bags reached a high enough temp to kill any contams.  I am leaving the bags to sit for a week before I inoculate them to try and see if there is any sign of contams.  If there is no sign of contams I will go ahead with inoculation and see how it works its self out.

It doesn't matter how high the temp on the stove was. Boiling water is boiling water. You can't get the water temperature higher than the 212F mark without it being under pressure. I'm hoping it works for you bro, but you really should invest in a PC or change up your method until you do cuz it's a crap shoot right now.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix