Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineke1n
Stranger
Male

Monotub mod
    #5483468 - 04/05/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

In all the pics i see of the monotub the polyfil holes are all on the sides, but wouldnt it better facilitate if a hole or 2 was added on the top of the monotub to help facilitate FAE better?

Makes sense to me does anyone havea reason why it would be bad?

--------------------

Everything that is posted, including pictures and text, are a result of fictional storytelling using images found online and/or created using the latest graphics software. I am a fictional writer who likes to explore the internet world.
------------------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Monotub mod [Re: ke1n]
    #5483489 - 04/05/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Haha, y'all call them ''monotubs' now. You don't even need poly fill or anything. You can just open it up and fan it. I guess, if you really wanted, you could put a tyvek patch to act as a filter, then make a box enclosing a fan and a hose to suck fresh air in. Or a hairdryer set on cool, with a funnel tape over the intake fan, and a hose running from the funnel to the ''monotub''. But it's not necessary at all I don't think.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: Monotub mod *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous]
    #5483515 - 04/05/06 04:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by fee

Reason for deletion: ...

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Anonymous

Re: Monotub mod [Re: fee]
    #5483598 - 04/05/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What'd I suggest, is a spout on one of the corners. That way, you can open the spout and tilt it and all the excess water will run out. One thing I remember is that they create too much damn humidity if anything.

ps- yeah, fuck ''fruiting chambers'' and regular ol casings.

And outdoor grows don't get enough recognition. It's the easiest fucking way to do it. And you don't have to worry about contams.

You can make a really good outdoor spawn block using a paper grocery bag and manure,straw, and some jars.

Also, nobody here plants grass on their outdoor grows anymore either for some reason.

OfflineZacharian
Stranger
Re: Monotub mod [Re: Anonymous]
    #5483792 - 04/05/06 05:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradis said:
Haha, y'all call them ''monotubs' now. You don't even need poly fill or anything. You can just open it up and fan it.

Umm I thought the whole purpose of the monotub was to keep it sealed, as it says in the tek.

When you open up to fanning to clear excess cO2, you would also be losing massive amounts of humidity. Monotub tek is to elminate this problem... no?

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Monotub mod [Re: Zacharian]
    #5483835 - 04/05/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The mono tub design is centered around the "set and forget" mentality. It works very well just sitting in a room with lighting and appropriate temperatures. The key is setting the initial environment and maintaining it. The key to maintaining it is to leave the tub alone. The only time a mono tub should be opened is during the initial spawning, casing, and final harvest.

Manual fanning is definitely not required in the mono or double tubs. Great tek in my opinion. I'm not sure why people scoffed at the idea some time ago, ignorance I guess.

Anonymous

#5483836 - 04/05/06 05:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't even know there was an official tek, I didn't even know they were called ''monotubs'' know. We used to call it the ''pavlov's dog'' method, he's the one who did it first.

Post a link to the tek you're talking about.

Anonymous

Re: Monotub mod [Re: Wronguy]
    #5483845 - 04/05/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I was talking about fanning it during fruiting. It's common sense shit, mix your manure and spawn, let it colonize, throw on a casing layer, let it sit for a week, initiate pinning, then pick. I used to stick mine in a fridge overnight to help initiate pinning. Some say it doesn't help for cubensis, BULLSHIT. Try it for yourself and see.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
    #5483946 - 04/05/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Just posting a picture of the MonoMonster (lol).
This was the first tub I ever made. I still use its design to this day.

Anonymous

Re: Monotub mod [Re: FungusMan]
    #5484049 - 04/05/06 06:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What are those phallic things sticking out all over it?

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
    #5484105 - 04/05/06 06:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradis said:
What are those phallic things sticking out all over it?

1in clear tubing, stuffed with polyfil. Most people think I lose humidity, but I dont. Keeps an easy 95% constantly. No fanning needed. Im lazy,lol.

Anonymous

Re: Monotub mod [Re: FungusMan]
    #5484126 - 04/05/06 06:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Weird.

And no, I'M lazy. I'd never take the time to cut out all those holes. I'd rather just fan it with it's own lid.

Anonymous

#5484159 - 04/05/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ohmatic was the first one to show us the mono-tub as we know it today.

HA!!!

I was putting tyvek filters ( I decided it was better than polyfill after trying polyfill) on my tubs back in 03, I even posted growlogs of them. So that must mean the ''monotub'' (''as we know it'' as you say) is really my tek then, and an early version of ''my tek'' at that. It's bullshit.

ps- Yeah, and you don't HAVE to fan it, but you don't have to wipe your ass either, doesn't mean not wiping your ass is the best idea around.

OfflineZacharian
Stranger
    #5484169 - 04/05/06 07:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, no fanning during fruiting stage is needed. (No matter if thats supposed to be "common sense" or an old "traditional" way - don't need to do it at all)

But too each is own.

OfflineZacharian
Stranger
    #5484189 - 04/05/06 07:08 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Someone just did a comparison between tyvek and polyfill.

The tyvek results didn't look impressive.

Anonymous

#5484232 - 04/05/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I always found you get shittier fruits when you don't fan, unless you have forced air exchange. It's a lot easier just to fan than to rig up a ventilation system though.

OfflineZacharian
Stranger
    #5484254 - 04/05/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well the guys in the double tub tek and monotub teks must be doing things different then. If you look at their pictures, they look great.

As far as I know there is no forced air.

Here is the tyvek vs. polyfill see the 3rd post down: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5477236/an/0/page/4

Anonymous

#5484307 - 04/05/06 07:35 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

See, back then, there was really in all honesty no name for it. That's just how we did it. Then I come back and everyone is fucking kneeling down to some dude who did this shit a few years later talking about it's some great tek he came up with. I mean, imagine if you went to brazil for a few years, then came back and everyone was ranting and raving about Bill Chill and his amazing thing called ''liqui-wet'' and it's water that's been poured into a bottle, with a bottle cap that has a plastic tab that you twist. It's liqui-wet! It's not water! There's no need to swallow! Just pour it directly down your throat! Bill Chill is a genius.

You'd be like ''What the fuck is wrong with you people?!?!?!"

So there you go, partner. I think you see what I'm saying.

OfflineZacharian
Stranger
    #5484334 - 04/05/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

LOL
Yeah what is with that attitude? I wish that would disappear, must be people with inferiority complex or some crap... damn. Go see a shrink - not shrooms!!

Invisiblelil_civic_lil
Stranger

Loc: Re@LiTy
    #5484335 - 04/05/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I would think the holes are on the sides of monotubs are better than the top, becouse the co2 builds up in the bottom of the tub.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag