Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Stropharia aeruginosa
    #12961981 -

So I've collected 2 specimens of Stropharia aeruginosa, the mycelium (not the fruitbody) turned blue after a minute or so. Although described as being non-active, I was wondering if anyone had any other experience with this species.

I've taken spore prints, stem butts are colonizing cardboard.

Sadly no pictures.

Thx.


--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: obi]
    #12961994 -

well the blueing mycelium sounds interesting but i know of numerous bioassays as well as my own and atleast here in BC are inactive.

get some pics,your in france right or am i remembering someone else?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #12962005 -

Yes, I'm in France.

I hope to make it back to the spot with my camera.

Will keep you updated.


--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #12962007 -

There was a dude on here many months ago that tried to convince everyone they were active.  Nobody believed him, but the thread was pure lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: obi]
    #12962009 -

I would not expect the mycelium to turn blue if its non-active.

Collect some more and positively ID them and maybe also eat them, if possible.

And take pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #12962016 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
I would not expect the mycelium to turn blue if its non-active.

Collect some more and eat them, if possible.

And take pictures.



That's what I was thinking.

I'm on it.


--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #12962020 -

yeah,I remember that dude:grin:He practically swore on his mum's life that they are active

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: caphillkid]
    #12962026 -

caphillkid said:
There was a dude on here many months ago that tried to convince everyone they were active.  Nobody believed him, but the thread was pure lol.



Hah, yeah, I remember that thread. Pure LOL indeed.


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: German Kahuna]
    #12962049 -

you ain't lying:hehehe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: KBG1977]
    #12962092 -

Link?

Too lazy to UTFS.


--------------------
To live is to fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stropharia aeruginosa [Re: obi]
    #12962192 -



--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Stropharia Aeruginosa??? Peace_Patrol 7,447 6 06/24/02 03:18 AM
by mjshroomer
* Re: Hey shroomz 23 heres a pic of stropharia aeruginosa mjshroomer 2,650 2 12/30/99 12:41 PM
by Psylosymon
* Stropharia aeruginosa MetaShroom 3,412 9 10/25/03 04:46 PM
by wacked
* Ps. caerulea/Ps. aeruginosa (pics) SThomas 3,497 10 11/30/01 08:35 PM
by SThomas
* Found Psilocybe aeruginosa (pics) SThomas 3,228 12 10/28/01 08:15 PM
by iono
* Re: Some sort of Stropharia I think(pics) Psylosymon 3,742 10 01/02/00 07:26 PM
by Psylosymon
* am I right in saying this is g. aeruginosa? wallace 1,417 12 09/23/05 03:03 AM
by wallace
* psilocybe aeruginosa, woodchip ID, and... (UK) akb112211 5,272 4 10/11/07 07:08 AM
by undergrounder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,300 topic views. 0 members, 20 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.