Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Planning a Vasectomy
    #12848798 -

I have come to the conclusion that I should get a vasectomy. Not accidental pregnancies or anything, heck I'm in my early twenties as a student that has had a handful of girlfriends that I went steady with. One of my friends works at a place that deals with foster children cases, doesn't actually see the kids though. Tells me all the time the typical people that drop off the kids are the ones that just see the kid as a product of a fuck up that is akin to them to carrying out trash to the curb. Kids of all ages get put into the system that no one would ever wish to get put in. Some of these kids get hauled all the way to the other coast hoping to find a parent to adopt.

I don't believe in overpopulation theories, nor do I believe in food shortages for the world. I believe in the improper distribution of both though. I strongly believe those willing to adopt should, for many who want kids don't even consider it.

Part of what lead me to this was just deep thinking. Who am I from selfish desires of the dream of a loving family that I could love back could basically give a biological son or daughter a near perfect chance of shortcomings. I come from a long line of dreadfully nearsighted people who married into another line of people who can't see very well. I didn't ask for life, but now that I have it I might as well make the best decisions I can. I figure the sperm that doesn't know life won't regret not being born, while the kid stuck in the hellish foster system would surely like the chance to know a different life.

If I meet a woman that wants biological children, I would propose this same example to her. If she isn't satisfied and leaves, then so be it, she wasn't right for me. In a world that we cannot understand our purpose outside of reproducing, it is our duty to find one. I want to give someone a chance, a chance they wouldn't get if I brought someone into this world that didn't ask to be.

I commute to school, and still am on my mom's medical insurance. She is a doctor herself so clearly she would know the risks and such, but I fear a fallout since my dad is dead and my brother has sworn off women. I am the only one to carry on the genes and give her grand kids, she may not appreciate my decision. I am not my own man, for college is being paid by her, and I still commute from home. I want to do it now during the break in summer so I have time to recover before school starts again. I don't have the intention of advertising myself as sterile to the ladies, but if something goes wrong I don't want to miss class due to it. I figure do it now before grad work as I will be further away and just have more to deal with.

I don't plan to get anything frozen either, why freeze sperm when the reason I am doing this is not to spread my genes? Sure my biological purpose will be gone, but in this world there are more important things. If my genes make it to extinction somehow, they burn in the fire with the rest anyway. This is the only life I'll know, and I feel comfortable loving a child that is not flesh and blood just the same.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12849320 -

Your mom will surely try to talk you out of it.

When I was like 18 or so I told my mom that I'm getting a vasectomy and she got pissed. Told me she wanted grandchildren and the whatnot. I told her its her fault for not having more kids (im an only child)

Just because your mom supports you doesn't mean she has any say in this decision. It's your body, your life, and your potential kids. Mom has no say in this, unless you think her want of grandchildren overpowers your own beliefs on children.

I too believe that if I ever do decide I want kids, I would adopt. My girl friend agrees with this completely. Both of our families are plagued with mental illness and addiction, so I think it would be seriously irresponsible of us to have a biological child.

But I still never got that vasectomy, I know I will soon though, I think I'll be a lot more comfortable knowing that I cant have kids.

So any one out there had one and have anything to say?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12849367 -

i have  a friend who is married and got a vasectomy after his second child

she is due for her third

they both know

don't get cut to save some face

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12849757 -

Anonymous #3 said:
i have  a friend who is married and got a vasectomy after his second child

she is due for her third

they both know

don't get cut to save some face



What? I don't think you know how vasectomys work..... there is no sperm when you cum

Either the doctor fucked it up or shes a cheating whore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #4] * 1
    #12849915 -

She's fucking someone elso bro

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12850622 -

Anonymous #2 said:
Your mom will surely try to talk you out of it.

When I was like 18 or so I told my mom that I'm getting a vasectomy and she got pissed. Told me she wanted grandchildren and the whatnot. I told her its her fault for not having more kids (im an only child)

Just because your mom supports you doesn't mean she has any say in this decision. It's your body, your life, and your potential kids. Mom has no say in this, unless you think her want of grandchildren overpowers your own beliefs on children.

I too believe that if I ever do decide I want kids, I would adopt. My girl friend agrees with this completely. Both of our families are plagued with mental illness and addiction, so I think it would be seriously irresponsible of us to have a biological child.

But I still never got that vasectomy, I know I will soon though, I think I'll be a lot more comfortable knowing that I cant have kids.

So any one out there had one and have anything to say?



Sound words, thank you :awesome:


Anonymous #3 said:
i have  a friend who is married and got a vasectomy after his second child

she is due for her third

they both know

don't get cut to save some face



There are methods that don't require cutting with the scalpel or whatever they use. Heard recovery was better, I think it was akin to welding certain tubes or something together.

Did they make sure to not have careless sex within the 6 months or so you have to test for sperm? Even after that you should test as sometimes things have a way of reversing themselves. Probably should still wear a condom anyway, only takes one super sperm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12850655 -

Super Sperm




Thought this might bring a litlle humor into the discussion lol :lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12850857 -

If you're still on your mom's medical insurance, you're under 26. I respect your reasoning but I just wouldn't make such a permanent decision at this point. Your outlook could change a lot in the coming years. I'd wait for the male birth control pill which you only have to take once a month.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #12850995 -

OP, why don't you just not be a fool, and wrap your tool?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12851477 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I don't plan to get anything frozen either, why freeze sperm when the reason I am doing this is not to spread my genes? Sure my biological purpose will be gone, but in this world there are more important things. If my genes make it to extinction somehow, they burn in the fire with the rest anyway. This is the only life I'll know, and I feel comfortable loving a child that is not flesh and blood just the same.



Ask around in general about people's life experiences.

Most say: "Gosh, when I was in my early twenties, I was a child.  I really didn't have any idea of wanted I wanted in life and where I was going."

"Even though, like a brazen teenager, I thought I knew it all".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planning a Vasectomy [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12857647 -

Anonymous #5 said:
She's fucking someone elso bro


:mel:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Male Chauvinist Pig Thread (or is it?)
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,147 26 11/03/07 01:25 PM
by Anonymous
* I HAVE to STOP Anonymous 452 17 02/10/09 09:13 PM
by Anonymous
* I love my girlfriend but.....
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,118 32 05/07/09 10:20 PM
by Anonymous
* Would you sell a testicle for $50,000
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 1,948 60 05/14/09 01:39 PM
by Anonymous
* People who spank their kids...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 1,332 72 08/09/09 01:56 PM
by Anonymous
* Where do u cum?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 991 29 08/03/09 09:31 PM
by Anonymous
* What are your opinions on marriage?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,237 27 09/30/07 10:25 AM
by Anonymous
* Juggalos Reprezent!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Anonymous 3,729 121 12/06/09 01:45 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
368 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.