Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Tripping off Mycelium
    #1278177 - 02/04/03 12:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Suppose someone wanted to trip without going through the mess of extraction. Has anyone tried tripping of just the mycelium?

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1278206 - 02/04/03 12:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There's tons of posts about this

people putting the cakes in a blender and letting the substrate settle and the mycelium separate into different layers and drink with cranberry juice or what have you. Take note though that a DEA study showed that mycelium of P. Cubensis produces little to no psilocybin and psilocybin production really only starts when it starts popping out fruits. None-the-less though people have reported tripping from mycelium from cakes

edit: god my spelling sucks

Edited by neuro (02/04/03 12:31 PM)

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: neuro]
    #1278265 - 02/04/03 12:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the response.

I'm sure you've read this before:

From http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Psilocybin_Producer's_Guide.10392.shtml

Each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield about 2 grams of extracted material. This should contain at least 500 mg of psilocybin/psilocin mixed or about fifty 10 mg doses.

Following this line of thought, 4 grams of dried mycelium should contain approximately two doses. With 90% of wet mycelial weight being attributed to water, we should be able to conclude that 40 grams (around an 1.5 ounces) of wet mycelium contain the same, dose wise. I was just wondering if digesting the mycelium would be a problem.

--------------------

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

#1278620 - 02/04/03 02:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you dont wanna eat pf cakes man, all the vermiculite. yuck.

as for it being bad for you? i've eaten it once i felt only the customary nausea, i don't know if it actually caused damage to the digestive tract or anything like that, i would have to guess this isn't likely, get a mor einformed opinion though.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1278636 - 02/04/03 02:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive made some slow brewed tea from some cakes after the 3rd flush and it didn't do anything at all, maybe a slight placebo effect. Maybe chemical extraction is possible, but I like to keep my highs as natural as possible.  :wink: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineMrNobody
Loser

#1278652 - 02/04/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I once tried a cranberry juice extraction with a couple of spent cakes.  It was NASTY and did not work  :frown:  A complete disappointment!

--------------------
Free thinkers are dangerous.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1279483 - 02/04/03 05:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I Refer you to this post

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: neuro]
    #1280302 - 02/05/03 03:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, neuro.

"It was determined that the mycelium knot stage of the mushroom was the earliest stage at which the psychoactive drugs could be detected."

What's the knot stage? Does it correspond with this statement from http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Psilocybin_Producer's_Guide.10392.shtml

"The process of growth can be followed with a saccharimeter. The maximum growth and highest percentage of psilocybin occurs about four days after all of the broth's sugar content has been used up. The mycelium should be harvested at this time. Any jars that cannot be harvested on that day should be refrigerated until this can be done."

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: zandorf]
    #1280318 - 02/05/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thats why you grow honey water mycellium and down the hatch it goes, nothing yuck about honey-water

i read in mmgg, or pf tek one or the other that the "globs" of mycellium on the cakes are primo in active alkaloids

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineBigJohnson

Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1280689 - 02/05/03 05:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard similar things, psycho.

Is the honey water your preferred method? If so, what mixture do you use, how long do you wait after inocculation before drinking, and what volume do you (liquid+mycelium) consume for a medium trip?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1282528 - 02/05/03 03:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

you know what man, ive never tripped on any fungus in my life, i want too, oh god do i want to bad, but i live with my mom, so i have to wait till spring so i can make an outdoor bed, so when shes like what are those ill be like heh natural, but i cant wait untill spring to trip so tommarow night i will be ordering creeper from tlg, and im going to make me a few qaurt-jars of honey-water, and try and trip on that, i will tell everyone how my trip goes, i wont have my mycelium for a few weeks though, anyone think a hole qaurt jar of mycelium would be too much for my first trip, or go for it, ive done woodrose, and salvia, i think i should be able to keep my cool trippin hard, anyways thanks in advanced for the kind replys

edit: im downin the qaurt jar full no matter what, dunno why i asked

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (02/05/03 03:26 PM)

Offlinexanor
seeker
Loc: sweden
Re: Tripping off Mycelium [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1283286 - 02/05/03 09:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

want fungus too. have to wait till autumn. brr..

--------------------
with a hangover and still that black cloud hangin over me...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder