Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Copyright infringement notice?
    #12778604 -

Well I got this from my cable provider today for downloading a movie. What the hell? Am I in trouble?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Triptonic]
    #12778612 -



--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Triptonic]
    #12778613 -

Nah, pretty sure the RIAA stopped pursuing cases a while back.  All the ISP can do is warn you / shut off service, but if you avoid high profile torrents and stuff you should be fine.

I think :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Triptonic]
    #12778618 -

You are not in trouble unless it says you are to go to court or pay a fine, it is probably just a warning.

This is a perfect sign to switch ISP's.


--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Vibes]
    #12778625 -

There is only one in town......


Pretty scary shit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: danielx]
    #12778630 -

danielx said:
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/



It would be in your best interest to download this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #12778650 -

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
danielx said:
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/



It would be in your best interest to download this.




I agree, if you only have access to 1 ISP and want to continue to download, do so immediately.


--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Vibes]
    #12778655 -

I think I'm gonna lay off the downloading for now. But it's some scary shit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Triptonic]
    #12778660 -

Just curious, whats your ISP anyway?


--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Vibes]
    #12778682 -

Just a local one in my area.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: danielx]
    #12778704 -

danielx said:
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/




I can't get either Peer Guardian or Peer Bock to work.  This is the message I get when I'm setting it up. :sad:















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Learyfan]
    #12778738 -

What OS? Vista or 7, because it looks like they only have an RC available on their site and there is no size indicated. Also, 7 does not look like it's supported yet...


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12778765 -

i wonder why i have never been bothered??


--------------------
I CANNOT RECIEVE :pm: :pm: :pm:'S      aim ME  xxtwanninatorxx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12778766 -

I have Windows 7.  The first download links says " PeerGuardian 2 for Vista/Windows 7".  :confused:











--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Learyfan]
    #12778773 -

go to start. peer guaridan 2. then hit recover peer guardian. do as it says, then see if it works. if not, don't know what to tell you. im still on XP so maybe thats why im not having issues.


--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: danielx]
    #12778787 -

There isn't an option for "recover Peer Guardian".  :sad:











--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Learyfan]
    #12778798 -

But when you go to install it, the supported platform box doesn't say 7. I could be wrong but since it's an RC, I'm thinkin' maybe they're still working on it. :shrug:


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Edited by Aiko Aiko (06/21/10 01:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12778809 -

XP ftw


--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #12778820 -

Oh, you're right.  It doesn't say that it's supported.  Why would they have a link on their site for Vista and Windows 7, if it isn't supported?  :suicide::drgonz:











--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Copyright infringement notice? [Re: Learyfan]
    #12778851 -

Yeah, that's pretty retarded.


--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 10:55 AM
by OJK
* just downloaded 4.5 gigs of mp3s in the last 2 days moog 1,063 17 08/12/05 09:55 AM
by Vvellum
* Hippie3's Illegal sales of Copyrighted Materials
( 1 2 3 all )
mjshroomer 7,367 50 07/01/04 06:15 AM
by Ripple
* Copyright..
( 1 2 all )
TheDudeAbides 1,863 39 08/17/05 05:49 PM
by thedudeslair
* Batman Suing Warner Brothers Prisoner#1 958 7 11/17/08 07:41 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* rare Steve Albini mixes from Nirvana's "In Utero" sessions - download Vvellum 7,827 14 01/22/06 12:19 PM
by Vvellum
* Vulture's Guide to Downloading and Burning MP3 and SHN files
( 1 2 all )
Vulture 8,747 22 06/09/04 03:33 PM
by Vulture
* Downloading Music McMushrooms420 1,952 17 10/28/04 06:05 AM
by Lightningfractal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,827 topic views. 3 members, 55 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.