Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture
    #12521276 -



An Old friend messaged me about these today. She was abit fanatical. But I think it is an awesome Idea. She is involved with a group trying to adapt them to an urban environment. The group is in its infancy. They are still trying to get signatures to show community support.

Has anyone seen anything about these before? I love alternative construction ideas. Sustainability is starting to seem like a buzz word, but I think it is an idea of vital importance.

They would be pleased if anyone wanted to leave a quick 'signature' to show support. They will be out in the city next weekend I am told.

http://www.petitiononline.com/History/petition.html


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Edited by C20H25N3O (05/07/10 08:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #12521304 -

very fucking interesting.  my dream is to one day own my own small, self-sustainable plot of land where i'd like to do a bit of organic permaculture and the like.

i need to get on to doing some research about these earthships.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12521324 -

That's very cool. I wonder how much they cost though...


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: g00ru]
    #12521339 -

She told me less than $100,000. I am skeptical. As I just found out about this an hour or so ago. I haven't discussed it enough to know how they will be adapted to an urban environment.


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #12521350 -

They won't zone for houses like this in an urban setting. Or they don't right now.


--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: Mchaggis]
    #12521486 -

Mchaggis said:
They won't zone for houses like this in an urban setting. Or they don't right now.



Quote:
C20H25N3O said: The group is in its infancy. They are still trying to get signatures to show community support.




--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #12521519 -

C20H25N3O said:
She told me less than $100,000. I am skeptical. As I just found out about this an hour or so ago. I haven't discussed it enough to know how they will be adapted to an urban environment.



The only thing that makes me skeptical about that is the solar panels.  Those fuckers aren't cheap.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: circularvortex]
    #12521632 -

well, i imagine one can save a pretty penny on housing costs when so much of the materials used are recycled waste and dirt.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12521730 -

christ.  so i'm looking into the website.  they have weekend seminars, as well as internship sessions.  but the weekend seminars cost $450!  and the internships seem to be essentially 1 month of free hard labor.  they don't provide food, lodging, payment of any sort or even the tools you work with.  is it just me, or is that pretty weak?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Earthships -- Sustainable Architecture [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #12522017 -

tiny_rabid_birds said:
christ.  so i'm looking into the website.  they have weekend seminars, as well as internship sessions.  but the weekend seminars cost $450!  and the internships seem to be essentially 1 month of free hard labor.  they don't provide food, lodging, payment of any sort or even the tools you work with.  is it just me, or is that pretty weak?



Very weak. What website are you looking at?


--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Garbage Warrior / Earthships cryptic_pickle 669 12 06/08/09 11:58 PM
by cryptic_pickle
* Cool internship opportunity. BrainChemistry 2,220 16 02/20/09 04:05 PM
by D4NK
* Got an internship at a prestigious university thanks to Shroomery!
( 1 2 all )
Horticulture 1,741 21 03/01/11 12:00 AM
by Horticulture
* Share your Self-Sustaining Skills
( 1 2 3 4 all )
RonPaulVerm 2,204 68 12/22/09 07:05 PM
by RonPaulVerm
* I love architecture
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 2,121 21 11/15/08 02:57 PM
by twighead
* Attending a week long seminar on levitation
( 1 2 all )
NWlight 1,367 36 06/19/12 08:02 PM
by NWlight
* Which is the best US state for sustainable living stedenko 941 6 01/15/09 06:44 PM
by 5150
* If you're applying for a writing internship, McTwist 554 14 02/07/13 12:16 AM
by McTwist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
556 topic views. 9 members, 13 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.