Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Fruiting chamber question
    #1247054 -

It's my first fruiting day and so I need to make a terrarium. The question is, how much water do I add to the perlite? What shall I place the cakes on(I don't just put them straight on the perlite,do i?)
Strangely enough, the Pftek doesn't mention perlite and i can't seem to find a tek that mentions it, any links would be much appreciated.


--------------------
"Real men don't dance, they sit,sweat and curse."
- Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruiting chamber question [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1247094 -

there is an FAQ on this site that will answer all of your questions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruiting chamber question [Re: CaptBeefheart]
    #1247097 -

a general rule of thumb is 1" perlite:.5" water. don't ask me where I've heard that, I just know I have. it works for me (pour in 1" of water (add any bleach or peroxide before pouring in) and then pour in 2" of perlite). I have figured out how much water = 1" as well as ther perlite and simply add the bleach water to the bag and mix it up and then dump the bag into the tub as this significantly decreases the amount of dust and overall messiness of the trransfer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fruiting Chamber Question Anonymous 6,016 3 03/09/02 05:06 PM
by WakingUpLate
* Fruiting chamber sterility question. OLD_NEWBIE 3,152 4 03/24/02 02:45 PM
by DrAbeLincoln
* Fruiting Chamber idea & humidification Ques. oO_wombat_Oo 4,560 10 03/19/02 02:22 AM
by WakingUpLate
* Pic of a new fruiting chamber. OnyxSkyDV 6,350 16 08/31/19 09:18 AM
by bodhisatta
* vermiculite instead of perlite in fruiting chamber pleezr 13,955 6 03/04/02 12:09 PM
by pleezr
* Need help making Fruiting Chamber! Face_Tripper 3,473 6 06/11/01 06:03 PM
by dump19
* A good Fruiting Chamber? Face_Tripper 4,845 3 06/14/01 01:44 PM
by pyromaniac
* Fridge/FReezer fruiting chamber, Advice? NewbieShroomer 6,103 3 12/23/01 09:42 AM
by fungichick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
591 topic views. 10 members, 48 guests and 110 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.